Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Like Friendship is Magic, leaks are gonna be a tradition once again in G5. Are you going to avoid the leaks?

Ring Team

One thing that became a tradition in My Little Pony Friendship is Magic was the leaks that spoil a final episode or a creative direction. Probably the most famous example was Twilight becoming an alicorn. As far as I know, these leaks were around the Internet two months before the episode Magical Mistery Cure aired, so most people were worried. Then I heard that the season 9 finale was leaked in 2018 and I don't know if it was true because back in that year I didn't watch the show.

Like Friendship is Magic, there has been some leaks about G5, and I recently saw one of them, which is an out of context image. Are you going to avoid the leaks? I personally will. I hope people don't create a FOMO (fear of missing out) feeling when discussing the leaks because I don't want a show to me remembered by the leaks instead of the way the story is gonna be presented to us.

Take care.

• Brohoof 1

I always do. I even avoided the leaks (which turned out not to be true) before the movie's release. I went back to those recently to see how weird they were and what they got right or wrong. Have you heard of Terra Mystica? o_O

Otherwise I'm not aware of any big leaks. Just a few screenshots from MYM, but those are probably just promotional things.

• Brohoof 2

Not me.

I love leaks/spoilers and I actively seek them out. I always want to know what is going to happen.

• Brohoof 3

It depends if the real show becomes important to the continuation of G4 and keeps its quality.

At this moment, there is too big bap between the G5 movie and its YouTube series, for me to really see it as information data that can be "leaked" and have any real impact on the fandom.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Scila Bell said:

Probably not. I won't seek them out, but if I end up coming across them I'll definitely take a peek. I think its fun!

That's me-o, I'll be like, "Sure, I'll check this out.", if I see a leak that interests me but I never go hunting for spoilers. 

(edited)

No I will not. Everything related to Gen 5 will be released eventually so, why should I try to fight the urge to look? 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Only spoiler I ever avoided was for the movie, where they released the entire story via book a month or 2 in advance. Otherwise, if an episode was leaked early, chances are I'd watch it when I got the chance(again, with the exception of those massive S8 leaks, though that was more because those episodes were unfinished)

I'll probably try to avoid them.  I have always just wanted to see the episodes when they properly premiered, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  

• Brohoof 1

I can see it happening and quite often.

As for avoiding any leaks, I can do that quite easily so long as I don't go out of my way.

While I don't actively seek them, it doesn't bother me anymore if I run into any. Really, it's not so much the end that matters as it is the journey.

Besides, holding out just burns me out tbh.

Leaks makes everything more exciting :fluttershy:. I dunno if I’ll go out of my way to seek them out as I did with FIM’s, but I won’t turn away if they happen to appear :mlp_icwudt:

I don't necessarily avoid the leaks, but I don't seek them out either. I just browse social media and if I see a leak, oh well. If I don't see a leak, then that's fine too.

In the long term, I won't avoid leaks, but I won't be seeking them out either.  In the short term, I'm interested in whatever tidbits I can get, because I'm awaiting details that will make everything thus far worthwhile.  I'm holding out hope that MYM can turn things around and make G5 something I'm excited for; it just seems like a bit of a fool's hope at this point.  

Definitely not going to avoid them, but probably will not be actively seeking them out either. till, if I see a link here or in Equestria Daily, I'll probably click on it.

I do not avoid "spoilers". I don't know how I could choose what movie to watch etc without any spoilers.

Nah I'll look at G5 spoilers because I personally don't have high hopes for this generation so I don't care about having it be spoiled for me, though I won't go out of my way to spoil other people because that would just be rude.

Honestly I'm way into my job and trying to chat with my friends on Discord as well as trying to get through some of my news video games to even be possibly spoiled by anything Gen 5 related.

Chances are if I actually do see something that would spoil something official I likely just pass it off as background pictures so to speak. 

I'm just simply going to wait until whatever Gen 5 related project will be coming to Netflix