Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you like about 'Magical Mystery Cure'?

Lonstecation

@LCpony417

When you are talking about the series (specific episodes/moments, theories, etc), post your thread in FIM Canon Discussion. If you are talking about FIM obliquely (asking about favorite characters, fun what-if scenarios, etc), post your thread in Sugarcube Corner.

Your thread has been moved to FIM Canon Discussion.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

It contains one of if not the BEST songs in the series. "True True Friend".

I totally agree with that!

36 minutes ago, Splashee said:

@LCpony417

When you are talking about the series (specific episodes/moments, theories, etc), post your thread in FIM Canon Discussion. If you are talking about FIM obliquely (asking about favorite characters, fun what-if scenarios, etc), post your thread in Sugarcube Corner.

Your thread has been moved to FIM Canon Discussion.

Thank you! This is also the reason why it took me so long to post my first forum. I couldn’t decide in which category to post it. But thank you so much for helping me out with that! Like I said, I am new to this website, and I don't know where to post what just yet. But I'd take a little help! So, thank you!

Edited by LCpony417
  • Brohoof 1

@LCpony417

The title of this thread has been altered to give it potential to commence a discussion, which is what a goal of a thread is in this area. As it stands now, it comes across as more of silly/random topic. We want to stray away from that here.

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to What did you like about 'Magical Mystery Cure'?
1 minute ago, The Wife of Douma said:

@LCpony417

The title of this thread has been altered to give it potential to commence a discussion, which is what a goal of a thread is in this area. As it stands now, it comes across as more of silly/random topic. We want to stray away from that here.

And thanks for that too!

Finding something I liked about this episode is quite difficult...

It had Miss America in it (at least when it first aired):
missamerica.png

If we can call that a likeable thing :mellow:

• Brohoof 1

While the rest of the fandom hated on Twilights wings I personally loved this episode. It was the first finale I caught live on tv when I was 12. Only downside to me is that it wasn't a 2 parter.

• Brohoof 1

I LOVE that my favorite pony became a Princess and I LOVE the songs in Magical Mystery Cure! ^_^

40 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Finding something I liked about this episode is quite difficult...

It had Miss America in it (at least when it first aired):
missamerica.png

If we can call that a likeable thing :mellow:

The pony was Miss America the whole time! :ticking: 

• Brohoof 2

Looking back at it, here's what I liked about Magical Mystery Cure:

1. Twilight becoming an Alicorn was a good twist. It could've been built-up better to feel more earned, but I liked how it happened, regardless.
  2. The storyline could've been fleshed out more, but I liked the overall premise it had, despite its flaws.
  3. The Mane 5 having their cutie marks switched and roles swapped was fun to watch. 
  4. I like the songs in it with "True, True Friend" being my favorite, out of the bunch.

So overall, Magical Mystery Cure isn't as bad as people say it is, in my opinion. It could've been better, but it was a decent season finale.

Edited by TheDarkMare1939
  • Brohoof 1

I liked how their cutie marks were swapped, I thought that was cool to watch! It also came with lots of risk: what if Twilight couldn't swap them back? What if afterwards, their talents and jobs are much harder to do, and they're essentially blank flanks? Food for thought!

I also don't really mind that Twilight became an alicorn! I thought it was a sweet episode all around! 

• Brohoof 1

I love the episode. I understand that the pacing is insane, but I don't really care. It's a whirlwind journey, with big life changes happening super suddenly and unexpectedly, which is something that happens in real life all the time. It certainly wouldn't have been the perfect ending to the series, but since they continued to develop the implications throughout the rest of the series, I love it. I always thought Twilight becoming an alicorn was a natural progression of her character, and never had any problem with it. Most of all I love the music. True, True Friend and Celestia's Ballad always make me misty, and sometimes make me cry.

Edited by Starset Twinkle
  • Brohoof 2

I adored the entire episode. My beloved Twilight ascended and became a true Princess. The "A True True Friend" song got me all teary eyed.  I found this lyric to be simply beautiful. "Won't you try, just give it a chance. You might find that you'll start to understand"

Then we saw Princess Celestia actually BOWING to the newly ordained Princess Twilight Sparkle!

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

The songs! I loved listening to them! Twilight becoming an alicorn was also pretty cool, that would be my second favorite aspect of that episode!

I most certainly agree!

Spoiler

Although I promised that I will never come back to this thread again, but nevermind!