Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

twilight sparkle says "people"

ScarletDagger

I don't see the issue with the ponies saying people on occasion. It's not like it's humans they're referring too. And it's a more inclusive term since there are plenty of non-human creatures.

Thank you for seconding my statement XD

(edited)

peopleplural of peo·ple (Noun)

Noun:

• Human beings in general or considered collectively.
  • The citizens of a country, esp. when considered in relation to those who govern them.

Well it's pretty obvious why they chose her to say people, it wouldn't sound right if she said "she sure has a way of sneaking up on [ponies/pony/etc]"

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Um, there's something wrong with that?

In the world of Equestria, or at least whatever world Equestria is in/on, the only terms that canonically apply rightly to ponies is those with the suffix -pony. Like everypony, somepony, anypony, etc. "People" and "person" is used a lot in other cartoons that take place in other universes. Idk.

Well btw, one time Twilight actually said anyybody. It was in over a barrel.

And most of the time they say ponies instead of people. I dunno wether this is the first time they say people, but the word does seem to be pony.

Anyways my real question is who screwed up there, was it the writter's fault of Tara's fault?

Edited by Eenohay

peopleplural of peo·ple (Noun)

Noun:

• Human beings in general or considered collectively.
  • The citizens of a country, esp. when considered in relation to those who govern them.

Well it's pretty obvious why they chose her to say people, it wouldn't sound right if she said "she sure has a way of sneaking up on [ponies/pony/etc]"

If you are referring to the second meaning, I agree, if not, I disagree.

Clearly, Twilight has been watching My Little Human and got her vocabulary mixed up.

Really though, everyone else here already summed it up. It still works and sounds better.

Clearly, Twilight has been watching My Little Human and got her vocabulary mixed up.

Really though, everyone else here already summed it up. It still works and sounds better.

welcome to the party dude!

better late than never, am i right?? XD

I disagree.

Theres nothing to agree with lol... a word is only representative of the meaning given by the speaker. If the speaker wants the word "people" to mean "Human beings in general or considered collectively" then that's what it means. If they want it to mean "The citizens of a country, esp. when considered in relation to those who govern them" then that's what it means

Theres nothing to agree with lol... a word is only representative of the meaning given by the speaker. If the speaker wants the word "people" to mean "Human beings in general or considered collectively" then that's what it means. If they want it to mean "The citizens of a country, esp. when considered in relation to those who govern them" then that's what it means

*stands up*

*claps*

BRAVO!! BRAVO!!

NOW WILL THE REAL SLIM SHADY STAND THE HECK UP?!?!?!?

She also says "Don't worry everyone I've learned a new spell that will fix everything." in the first episode of the season.

Yet it hasn't bothered anyone that Twilight calls her friends "girls" at many points.

Yet it hasn't bothered anyone that Rainbow calls her friends "guys" at many points.

Yet it hasn't bothered anyone that Applejack calls Spike "birthday boy" in Secret of My Excess".

• Brohoof 1

Well btw, one time Twilight actually said anyybody. It was in over a barrel.

And most of the time they say ponies instead of people. I dunno wether this is the first time they say people, but the word does seem to be pony.

Anyways my real question is who screwed up there, was it the writter's fault of Tara's fault?

Ok, well that WAS a mistake. :P "-body" logically should not exist in Equestria.

It's the writer's/whoever wrote that specific scene's fault. Unless the script said "anypony".

Guys there is a simple explanation for this. Books. Maybe she's reading this series called My Little Human and has become a Broman. And she's going so far as to use human speak in real life. Think about that.

• Brohoof 1

Guys there is a simple explanation for this. Books. Maybe she's reading this series called My Little Human and has become a Broman. And she's going so far as to use human speak in real life. Think about that.

Maybe....maybe in that universe there is an immense fanbase for a tv show based off of humans....a fanbase that is alternately dimmensioned to ours....the...the "humans"... o.o

(edited)

They all say it from time to time.

Ya, I don't blame the writers for forgetting to say pony every now and then, it's not like we were raised to say pony in reference to people.

Edited by Pegasus25

Well, technically the word, 'people' isn't necessarily limited to humans. It's kind of a universal term that is used for any sentient race. These ponies are definitely sentient, so using the word, 'people' to describe them isn't out of the question.

don't you all understand? she did it for science, she wanted to see how we would react. Now she has to have pinkie pie come spy on us and see how we reacted =3 4th wall and what not

Posted Image

I prefer the term "Homie" when referring to Ponies that watch My Little Human