Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupidity in the my little pony section at the store.

Starlighty

As a kid who grew up with a stuck up mother i had a ton of very similar experiences (no ever after high because they look like bratz dolls,no harry potter cause he's a wizard,no santa cause he's weird,ect) and ya thats quite common to find people who are just dumb on stuff like that (now granted i was blessed by amazing trekie parents on my dads side)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, the catholic church successfully destroyed the Golden Compass movie series and they would have destroyed Harry Potter, if this story wouldn't have been so popular.

That's religion for you.

Well, I actually had a funny story with a little girl. I have Rainbow Dash lunchbox and I take it to work. Nobody bats an eye. After work, one day I went to buy some shoes. (haha, something like this, but bigger and with laces http://www.shoebuy.com/pi/wolve/lg/wolve755340_406992_lg.jpg )

and well, I just asked for those shoes and while waiting, there was this little girl who was staring at me, and she started telling her mom "REALLY?! MY LITTLE PONY?! WHY DOES AN ADULT HAVE A MLP LUNCHBOX?! REALLY?!" her mom was ASHAMED to death, since I was close enough to listen to her. I just started laughing even if I wanted to slam her face with RD. TASTE THE RAINBOW, LITTLE GIRL! BOOM! 

@@Lady Kiriness

Even if she was a kid, since I hate kids I just wanted to share this haha.

Edited by Infernus Bones
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I actually had a funny story with a little girl. I have Rainbow Dash lunchbox and I take it to work. Nobody bats an eye. After work, one day I went to buy some shoes. (haha, something like this, but bigger and with laces http://www.shoebuy.com/pi/wolve/lg/wolve755340_406992_lg.jpg )

and well, I just asked for those shoes and while waiting, there was this little girl who was staring at me, and she started telling her mom "REALLY?! MY LITTLE PONY?! WHY DOES AN ADULT HAVE A MLP LUNCHBOX?! REALLY?!" her mom was ASHAMED to death, since I was close enough to listen to her. I just started laughing even if I wanted to slam her face with RD. TASTE THE RAINBOW, LITTLE GIRL! BOOM! 

@@Lady Kiriness

Even if she was a kid, since I hate kids I just wanted to share this haha.

At least I sort of expect children to be ignorant. Adults should know better.

• Brohoof 1

At least I sort of expect children to be ignorant. Adults should know better.

Not exactly. There's plenty of ignorant adults out there. Or people who see the bad where there is none, and that doesn't make them ignorants exaclty. 

Not exactly. There's plenty of ignorant adults out there. Or people who see the bad where there is none, and that doesn't make them ignorants exaclty. 

I think the problem is bad parenting. A parent might be ignorant themselves or they allow their children to retain ignorance from some other source. If the parent didn't like how her child was behaving then she should have told the child not to say those kind of things and to apologize.

I don't think she was necessarily stupid considering she may have been practicing a personal belief. And despite not agreeing with those beliefs in any way, i don't find anyone stupid for having them or adhering to them.

That being said, I do think she was ignorant in her choices since if magic was her issue with the product than she just chose one type of magic over another, But I suppose i can see where she was coming from since one looks like a magical creature while the other a harmless princess doll.

Wonder how the lady would have reacted if the little girl had gotten a hold of the Monster High stuff?

I think the problem is bad parenting. A parent might be ignorant themselves or they allow their children to retain ignorance from some other source. If the parent didn't like how her child was behaving then she should have told the child not to say those kind of things and to apologize.

Well, I would agree if we are still talking about kids n.n because you can't teach a kid to avoid ignorance, but this parent can encourage his mistake to get his own opinion about stuff and do some research. If this kid is not interested in creating his/her own opinion, that's pretty much his/her fault. And well, kids grow up to become adults and... well you get the cycle

Having religious beliefs is one thing, but fanaticism like this has no place in the world. Parents who still cling to this ass-backwards way of thinking need to be ostracized by everyone with common sense. They have no idea how destructive they are.

I'm speaking from first-hand experience. My mom once freaked out over a vacuum cleaner my dad bought because it was a "Dirt Devil."

• Brohoof 2

I don't disagree with the fact that a parent doesn't get the child a specific toy, but it's the reason and hypocritical response that irritates me. However, unfortunately there can be nothing done about it. However, it could be a lot worse. I wouldn't worry too much about it right now, since it wouldn't help.

Though I do not like the fact she forces her child to follow her (if I assume correctly) religious beliefs, and forces her choices to be based on that. 

• Brohoof 2