gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

Mega Man! Mega Man! Mega Man!

It's about time. And I must say, they made him look fantastic in that trailer. Seeing him use all the powers along with that classic song playing in the background, really brought the broadest smile across my face. And he has the same posture when shooting in midair as in the original series, along with the slide even biggrin.png 

Originally, I was going to settle for playing the new SSB on just the 3DS, but now... 

Aw, man! I remember those days when SSBB was my favorite fighting game back in........... as long as I can remember. I used to play that game ALL...THE...TIME! The animations, the characters, and the FINAL SMASHES!!! I was thinking of this awesome fighting game w/ ponies. The game features stories from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, the same character designs, songs remixes, events, and everything!!!

(edited)

It's even better that they're releasing two games instead of one! It really makes it worth the wait! Does anypony agree with me in thinking that they'll make the villager 3DS exclusive and Mega Man Wii U exclusive? I have a feeling they mentioned something about different character rosters for each game a while back...

Edited by DJ-BRONI3

It's even better that they're releasing two games instead of one! It really makes it worth the wait! Does anypony agree with me in thinking that they'll make the villager 3DS exclusive and Mega Man Wii U exclusive? I have a feeling they mentioned something about different character rosters for each game a while back...

I hope not. I can't stand it when developers make characters that are exclusive to one console or the other when it comes to fighting games. I just find it annoying that I can't play as certain character unless I'm playing a another version of the game. It's one thing when a competitor wants their version to sell more than the others (not that it makes it any less annoying, honestly), but Nintendo owns boths platforms in this case, so I'd be disappointed if they did something like that. 

• Brohoof 4

I hope not. I can't stand it when developers make characters that are exclusive to one console or the other when it comes to fighting games. I just find it annoying that I can't play as certain character unless I'm playing a another version of the game. It's one thing when a competitor wants their version to sell more than the others (not that it makes it any less annoying, honestly), but Nintendo owns boths platforms in this case, so I'd be disappointed if they did something like that. 

This. Even though I plan to get both versions, it would still be so annoying if this was true. I guess it would be fine if they had separate stages, though.

I'm still nearly certain that they are going to make game exclusive characters. I can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure I heard something like this somewhere. I'm just guessing with Mega Man and Villager, and I'd prefer them all to be in both games, but I have a feeling they'll do this for "variety".

I'm still nearly certain that they are going to make game exclusive characters. I can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure I heard something like this somewhere. I'm just guessing with Mega Man and Villager, and I'd prefer them all to be in both games, but I have a feeling they'll do this for "variety".

Technically, this would lower the "variety" since there would be less characters to play as. If they really want to encourage people to buy both, I think they should give a kind of small bonus to those who got the game for both platforms. And I mean really small stuff like maybe a couple more songs our some more alternate palettes for the characters. You know, things that are insignificant enough that you don't feel like your getting jipped. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Technically, this would lower the "variety" since there would be less characters to play as. If they really want to encourage people to buy both, I think they should give a kind of small bonus to those who got the game for both platforms. And I mean really small stuff like maybe a couple more songs our some more alternate palettes for the characters. You know, things that are insignificant enough that you don't feel like your getting jipped. 

Well, they confirmed something about the 3DS version being more of the "creative" version. They even confirmed connectivity between the two platforms, so I'm guessing that means creating stages, Mii characters, etc. and importing them over to the Wii U version.

Edited by Mars Brownie
  • Brohoof 1

Don't worry, there is screenshots of Mega Man on both games.screen-8.jpg

But it looks like there is no screenshots of the Villager from Animal Crossing in the 3DS. So I guess there will be exclusives on each game. But luckily, Mega Man ain't one.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like the idea of adding mega man biggrin.png I just don't think he'll meet my game preferences as from what a saw on the trailer all his ranged attacks are horizontal like the leaf shield. As long as there is a flexible and quick class like Lucas in SSBB I will be happy smile.png #PK THUNDER!

post-13705-0-12911200-1370972487_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toastie

That trailer was great, got me hyped even more for this game. I was really happy when they showed the villager (i love Animal Crossing) but i honestly did not expect Megaman to appear.

I wonder if they are going to do another dojo like they did with Brawl. I know the offical site has lanched, But still, one can hope.

(edited)

NEW: 

This shows off a new character too! The Wii Fit Trainer which hasn't even gone up on the new Website yet!

Hopefully we can get a whole lot of news til it's release!

There are still multiple characters I would like to see in the game. I've been making a list I'm planning to post here. Is anyone else planning to do the same?

Yeah, I think I will too

Edited by SweetieBelle Excel
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Guys, the Wii Fit Trainer has just been announced has a new playable character!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/344528016719896576

https://twitter.com/ScrewAttackChad/status/344524506443952128/photo/1

I definitely did not see that surprise coming!

EDIT: They have also released a trailer with her now!

EDIT 2: Oh, i haven't seen that another had made a post about the Wii Fit Trainer.

Edited by MKT_707Z
  • Brohoof 1

Ha, I've never played Wii Fit but that's still pretty funny! Some people really despise the fact that she's a character, but I don't really see the fuss. R.O.B was never out there, was he? I was much more interested in the extra gameplay footage from that video than I was for the character, anyhoo. n.n

• Brohoof 1

Well, that was... unexpected.

But still, I think it was quite a nice choice. She is a Nintendo character, (As the main character behind the Wii Fit series) and Smash does need more female characters.

Okay... Definitely never saw the Wii Fit trainer coming! ^_^ Still, an interesting character that does look pretty interesting!

NEW: 

This shows off a new character too! The Wii Fit Trainer which hasn't even gone up on the new Website yet!

Hopefully we can get a whole lot of news til it's release!

Yeah, I think I will too

Just noticed at 1:12 a Gerudo Valley stage! Finally! :D They definitely needed to bring it up, as it's one of the best parts of OoT!

The villager's pick up move is certainly a very original idea!

I really hope that in the new games they stay away from just making some characters clones of others though, because that's the one thing I really want them to change about the series.

• Brohoof 1

A very funny trailer to showcase Super Smash Bros. , so I think that this will help Super Smash Bros. expand on a huge roster and really influence Nintendo on a lot more good game ideas.

holly molly jasaushausfhaiiou iwiwi boopboop! :D

sorry sorry I can't hide the excitement that I feel of my favorite videogame franchise of all times! wub.png

I loved the heck of the trailer, I loved how everything looks and it seems like the game will still feel brawl-ish, well that's yet to see...

I'm so hyped! I can't wait to 2014yay.png

am I the only one that it's not all crazy about megaman? sure, he's an awesome 3rd party addition, but he was quite obvious! who doesn't want Megaman? he was made for this game...

I'm really excited for Villager and Wii Fit trainer, I seriously wasn't expecting her to be there lol, what a surprise, she looks badass, graceful and fun to play, I'm gonna pick these 2 as long as I have the game.

I wasn't too happy with the 3DS graphics, but when I saw some raw gameplay footage I feel a bit better, however, my dream of wiiU/3DS cross play, I feel like it won't be true sad.png

I don't want to get a wiiU just for this game, but I can see myself getting one *sigh*

anyways, super excited for this game, cannot wait for more news to come!wub.png

• Brohoof 3

I just noticed in the trailer that the Villager also doubles as the Balloon Fighter. Yes!

am I the only one that it's not all crazy about megaman? sure, he's an awesome 3rd party addition, but he was quite obvious! who doesn't want Megaman? he was made for this game...

I was expecting him too, but I'm still excited for him. I don't really know any other Capcom character that would fit in Smash.

I just decided to download the original Mega Man on my 3DS to learn more about him though, since I didn't know anything from the start.

I just decided to download the original Mega Man on my 3DS to learn more about him though, since I didn't know anything from the start.

Be warned; it's insanely tough! To be honest, if the original game was anything to go by, Mega Man would be incredibly overpowered, as it required a lot of skill to complete the game! Come to think of it, they might make him one of those "practically unbeatable" ones in the hands of skilled players, like Snake or Metaknight were in Brawl.

(edited)

Be warned; it's insanely tough! To be honest, if the original game was anything to go by, Mega Man would be incredibly overpowered, as it required a lot of skill to complete the game! Come to think of it, they might make him one of those "practically unbeatable" ones in the hands of skilled players, like Snake or Metaknight were in Brawl.

eenope, they make it seem that way in the trailer with more than 8 "special abilities" it's not the case, many of these special attacks has been positioned as smash attacks, tilts or air attacks, so it's not like he can switch from an array of multiple special moves. He looks cool, but he's not unbeatable.

edit: I even think one of those is a grab, like DK's

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 2

eenope, they make it seem that way in the trailer with more than 8 "special abilities" it's not the case, many of these special attacks has been positioned as smash attacks, tilts or air attacks, so it's not like he can switch from an array of multiple special moves. He looks cool, but he's not unbeatable.

edit: I even think one of those is a grab, like DK's

Still, a new skill character would be pretty awesome, as they're challenging and fun to play as! Snake was brilliant fun, as once you got the hang of playing as him, you could dominate opponents in style!