gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

They're homages to ending art from Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission! Not any odder than the usual sort of alt costume if you ask me. :P

Anyway, a few leak pics came out recently which may or may not be true(potential huge roster/stage spoilers):

img-3007583-2-leakers.jpg

I really want it to be true, since it potentially confirms the two characters I want most in this game... but again, no promises here yet. :wacko:

PLEASE LET FALCO AND SHULK BEING IN AT LEAST BE TRUE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :unsure:

Eh, I don't buy it. There's too many things that don't make much sense and just look wrong. I'll say it definitely has some interesting and believable factors though.

However the games release in Japan is just four weeks away. The whole roster will be revealed in a snitch by then.

Edited by Felix

That roster leak is awful, and if it becomes true I will officially stop hyping any roster in any future SSB game directed by Sakurai.

Having three Kid Icarus characters and only two Metroid and Donkey Kong characters is the worst part of it all, and exactly why I can't take Sakurai seriously anymore if this becomes true. I don't even care about either of those series, but they deserve far more than Kid Icarus, a random retro series that was dead for decades and already has more than enough representation without a third character.

That roster leak is awful, and if it becomes true I will officially stop hyping any roster in any future SSB game directed by Sakurai.

Having three Kid Icarus characters and only two Metroid and Donkey Kong characters is the worst part of it all, and exactly why I can't take Sakurai seriously anymore if this becomes true. I don't even care about either of those series, but they deserve far more than Kid Icarus, a random retro series that was dead for decades and already has more than enough representation without a third character.

Especially since the third KI character is just Dark Pit :l

Especially since the third KI character is just Dark Pit :l

I don't care who it is. Palutena was already overdoing it.

Donkey Kong and Metroid deserved a third character long before KI even deserved a second.

• Brohoof 1

I'm hoping Snake comes back

I'm not sure if he will come back. I mean, the game's are almost (well, the 3DS version anyway), ready to be sold, and I'm not sure if Snake can make it... when the games release. Who says he can't be DLC? Honestly, I'd like to see Snake back again. :)

Edited by (MARVEL) Blue Blood

Omigod, IT'S BOWIE!!!!

img-3008209-1-daily-en.jpg

...who's an assist trophy. Well, so far so good.

Ghirahim would've been a cool playable character tho... oh well, I still like seeing characters as assist trophies anyway, it's cool. :P

Eh, I don't buy it. There's too many things that don't make much sense and just look wrong. I'll say it definitely has some interesting and believable factors though.

However the games release in Japan is just four weeks away. The whole roster will be revealed in a snitch by then.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it as well when I factor back my logical reasoning into it, since there are countless factors that can go against its legitimacy... then again, there are elements in the leak like a stage render or two in the stage select screem we haven't seen before that might be difficult for someone to fake, but eh, it doesn't really matter if it's fake or not since all will be revealed soon enough. post-592-0-46264800-1405897153.png

I just realized another problem with that leak. Why aren't the recently announced new comers with their respective series'?  Rosalina is with the Mario crew, and Greninja is with the Pokemon crew, but the FE characters and Dr. Mario are away from their series'. Even Dark Pit isn't with the KI guys. It's not really much to go on... Until you realize Bowser Jr. is with the Mario crew. Why have him with them, but not Dr. Mario? And why not have Dark Pit with Pit and Palutena or Lucina and Robin with Ike and Marth?

It just doesn't seem to make sense to me, and I could be remembering incorrectly about how rosters worked in the past, but I'm almost positive every character in a series were next to each other. 

Edited by Ampharos

NOT DARK PIT AND DR MARIO GODDAMMIT!!!!!!

WHY BRING BACK DR MARIO OF ALL MELEE CUTS!!!!!!

WHY CUT IC, WOLF, AND SNAKE AND INCLUDE PALLATE SWAPS!!!!!!

WHY IS GANON STILL A FUCKING CLONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm, I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://m.imgur.com/a/PzeCw

The leak before is pretty much confirmed to be real from this. There are even videos leaked out there somewhere apparently. :o

Now bow to your new Smash overlord Shulk. ;)

Geez, people just can't take the suspense, can they?

However, I still refuse to believe any of this in case they alter anything, especially after hearing of these leaks. Which at the same time is still quite bothersome, since I'm happy to see Ness in the mix.

Also, has anyone else been checking out the music section they recently added on the official site? They're gradually adding more songs over time.

Edited by Mars Caramel

It's looking likely that isn't the final roster. As for exactly who remains if that's true, there are some strange discrepancies. Both leakers say Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo. One says Chorus Men, the other says Impa and Mach Rider.

The one who said Chorus Men posted before all of this was leaked with all of the characters in this leak, plus gave a completely accurate description of Bowser Jr., and possibly Shulk's stage. However, the Impa/Mach Rider leaker appears the be on the one who is doing the current leaking...

I don't know what to think... However, I will say that if the final roster is what we've seen so far excluding the aforementioned leaks, then I will hate this roster forever. Dark Pit is abysmal. A complete and total overkill of Kid Icarus Uprising representation, and I'd be all for kicking Sakurai out of character deciding in the series from now on. However, if Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo do happen than I'm willing to let it slide and say that the roster not only gets a passing grade, but it's way better than Brawl's lackluster roster and I'd actually declare it to be a good roster... The best this series has seen, maybe?

The lack of Ice Climbers is bad, but it might be a product of stupid decision-making in terms of keeping the roster the same between both games.

Of course, it still wouldn't be perfect... Ganondorf and Toon Link still being clones is also pretty stupid. However, if it was between decloning them and adding characters like Ridley and Dixie Kong than I can let it slide.

So this is a make-or-break for me... However, I don't think that this is the final roster either way. There's lots pointing the other way.

Well, we have exactly 14 more screenshots until it is all revealed anyway. The leaks are cool, but I'm just ignoring them at this point. Two weeks guys.

Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 1

I'm heavily convinced that Bowser Jr. and Shulk are in the game at least, difficult to deny that really at this point. I'd take any other leaks up 'till release with a grain of salt though unless it's, say, someone who happened to get an early copy of the game and shows other characters fully in action. It'll probably happen unfortunately, we're only 2 weeks from JP release after all. :wacko:

Speaking of leaks though, here's another gem I found that could be the final roster:

http://i.imgur.com/bREN1pv.jpg

(Bowser Jr and Toon Link are covered by the select icons)

Probably isn't though, the Dr. Mario portrait in particular doesn't match up with the other leak apparently. But eh, you never know. Would be pretty awesome imo if it really was the final roster. :derp:

Speaking of leaks though, here's another gem I found that could be the final roster:

img-3039689-1-bREN1pv.jpg

(Bowser Jr and Toon Link are covered by the select icons)

Probably isn't though, the Dr. Mario portrait in particular doesn't match up with the other leak apparently. But eh, you never know. Would be pretty awesome imo if it really was the final roster. :derp:

The god-damn image is broke. :wat:

I feel really bad for Sakurai. All the hype was just kinda ruined by the leak. Imagine getting Shulk without having the leak already say it?

It was a big difference between "OMG SHULK WTF YES" and "Alright awesome Shulk actually is in it. Nice."

I mean, the trailer was called "Looks like we don't have a choice!" 

If that doesn't show how mad Sakurai is about this...

• Brohoof 2

As everyone else appears to be saying:

I suppose this leak really is the real deal or it's coincidentally very accurate. I mean, the character model for Shulk is the same, and his move set I assume (as I never got to see the leak footage) is as it was shown in the leak footage.

But I'll be honest, I like the roster. There are some characters I'm a bit iffy on (Doctor Mario) but that has been true with every smash brothers game. In the end a few characters I don't like have never mattered. I still love all the smash brothers games anyway. Plus, wether I like a character or not a character is a character and I will try all of them eventually.

Additionally this is perhaps my favorite character roster out of all the smash games. I'm happy.

However, if there's one thing people can look forward to it's that we still remain unaware of modes and stages and other miscellaneous things in the Wii U version. Perhaps this can still be revealed by Sakurai.

Edited by Felix

Seems apparently, they made a mistake and accidentally revealed Ganondorf of all characters.

29_ganondork01_zps6ec07ace.jpg

Apple Pie says Ganondorf is the next character they reveal due to a little accident.  XP

Edited by SaburoDaimando

The god-damn image is broke. :wat:

Sorry about that! Turned it into a direct link instead, should be good now. :wacko:

I feel really bad for Sakurai. All the hype was just kinda ruined by the leak. Imagine getting Shulk without having the leak already say it?

It was a big difference between "OMG SHULK WTF YES" and "Alright awesome Shulk actually is in it. Nice."

I mean, the trailer was called "Looks like we don't have a choice!"

If that doesn't show how mad Sakurai is about this...

That is actually a line that Shulk can say before battles in Xenoblade though. Of course, Sakurai probably realized that and thought the line worked well anyway with the current situation, or the name of the trailer could've already been decided ages ago. Who knows really... #conspiracy :blink: