Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Cutie Marks didn't exist

BlinkZ

Simple enough question really. What if cutie marks didn't exist. Wouldn't be that much change. or would there stil be Desnty and stuch cutie marks seem to carry with them.

Well the cutie mark crusaders wouldn't have become friends, Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom wouldn't have given all of the mane 6 their cutie marks, but they still would have become friends do to the elements of harmony in the pilot, so they would still have some form of destiny to meet each other, but not exactly the whole getting cutie marks at the same time kind.

Twilight still could have become an alicorn princess due to completing Starswirl's uncompleted spell, and the mane 6 getting their cutie marks swapped, could have just them getting their own destinies/elements of harmony swapped instead.

• Brohoof 1

Ponies have had Cutie Marks since Day 1 of G1 & they worked differently then but still gave hints about the possessor. So, I'd say things would be very different in a lot of subtle ways.  Although, the Mane 6 seem to be less bound than many Ponies.

Without cutie marks, MLP wouldn't be what it is now since they've been a part of the franchise since its inception. It would also mean ponies being able to excel at just about anything that could be described as a special talent rather than just the one. Some ponies wouldn't be bothered if they didn't have cutie marks since they don't really appear to care all that much about what they can do.

Kinda crazy how much of FiM as we know it has been shaped by Cutie Marks. Without them, We would have no CMC's, no mane 6, and potentially, all of Equestria would be destroyed, by Tirek most likely. Sunburst would have stayed with Starlight so she would never be on a hellbent mission to destroy existence and overall. the world of FiM would be so drastically different. It is a bit scary actually. :o_o:

They will be endlessly searching for a purpose in life without being giving it to them so easily during their youth. 

As i recall there has so far been no one in equestria that has no talent at all. Meaning everyone has some kind of talent. A cutie mark is undoubtedly being created out of a ponies personality, so it will never be something against their will. (Except it's changed)

I believe it wouldn't matter so much, since a cutie mark appears once somepony has realized their special talent. I guess the only thing about them is like "Hey, my cutie mark! This is really my special talent!".

But other than that no. I don't think so much would change. Only in a few exceptions a cutie mark would really help someone to truly realize their special talent.