Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My First Shot At A Brony Song

Smokescape

Although I know nothing about the genre, I really like this song. Especially the intro part, and those sharp dot things. Percussion is a bit out of sync though, I think, I'm not sure on that.

I think possibly what it might be us misuse of one of the drum patterns I made. I made various for this song, and I may simply have used the wrong drum at the wrong point in the song. Well, thanks for the feedback! :D

For a beginner this is really amazing O: I'm just starting out using FL studio as well ^^

It's great to see the same program I use to make something awesome. :D

My only suggestion is... maybe play around with the tempo in the future :3 You have the talent to make some really awesome fast pace songs :D

• Brohoof 2

Here's my first attempt at making a pony themed song. I do hope to improve so I can make better stuff. Enjoy, or don't; it's totally up to you. If you can, tell me what I could improve on! I use FL Studio 10, so if there's any fellow FLS users here, I welcome all tips! Haha [media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TafpH2e2R8E[/media]

First, It might help if you have some of the sharper parts more fine tuned. They are a tad lacking in treble. Second, some notes probably should have been extended for a better effect.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

For a beginner this is really amazing O: I'm just starting out using FL studio as well ^^

It's great to see the same program I use to make something awesome. :D

My only suggestion is... maybe play around with the tempo in the future :3 You have the talent to make some really awesome fast pace songs :D

Yes, FL Studios is the best thing in the world! After ponies, that is. My life is FL Studios and Ponies! xD

But you can actually make some really intense music with it. I'm not an expert but I'm willing to give you guys tips if you want :D

Anyways

TFB, That was awesome, especially for a 1st song! I remember my first song had no hihats, instead I had like 16 kicks every measure. And I had like 5 instruments in the whole song.

Clearly in your past life or something you spent a lot of time studying music and how to make it. Thats awesome!

One thing, though, turn down some of the higher frequency bands in the lead instrument. What are you using as the synth?

EDIT: And seeing the comments on youtube, add a closed hi hat at 0:20. Thats what I would do, at least. But I am not the law. xD

If you ever need help just ask me.

the Phony Brony

Edited by PhonyBrony
  • Brohoof 2

First, It might help if you have some of the sharper parts more fine tuned. They are a tad lacking in treble. Second, some notes probably should have been extended for a better effect.

Yes indeed! I thank you for your words of advice! :)