Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer getting a shot or your blood drawn?

iceestarz

I don't have much of a problem with both, but I prefer a shot. When I have given blood, I can still feel uneasy even though I've already done it a few times, plus the risk of them not finding a vein and reinserting the needle dozens of times is more than mildly annoying. Plus, shots are over and done with quickly. :catface:

I used to be afraid of having either done.  Then I realized having blood drawn was the lesser evil.  THEN I had a nurse (who was clearly using me for practice) fail to start an IV in my hand, resulting in a funky little scar.  A more experienced nurse then came in and started it, somewhat painfully, in my arm.  So I'll take a shot or blood drawing over an IV, any day. xD

I dunno!! Last time I ever had my blood drawn, I was so little I barely remember. 

I could imagine its bad though, so I guess I prefer a shot, because its simple and quick, I could imagine blood drawn is annoying and is not as quick and maybe hurts a little more?? I honestly don't mind needles and such, they really don't bother me.

Getting a shot isn't that bad as long as you get it in the arm because some places don't feel pain free like one in the arm. What I hate about needles is sometimes I still feel the cold metal for the rest of the day. It is an odd and uncomfortable feeling. It keeps me awake at night sometimes.

Getting blood drawn isn't that bad either. The only problem is I get bored just waiting there. There really isn't anything to do or watch while it is happening.

I prefer shots as long as I'm not looking at the needle.  However getting my blood drawn will make me vagal (vasovagal syncope) or pass out.  I found out after I went to a medical center to test my cholesterol levels.  It's nothing I can control, it just happens.

I have Trypanophobia, which is a fear of needles so neither. But since I must choose, shots. It goes by faster obviously. Still have to practically dig my nails into my moms skin or whatever is nearest. And have to be told it's going to be okay god knows how many times.

I've only had to draw blood once or twice and good GOD was i fidgety. And hyperventilating like crazy.

It took a while for the nurse to finally get me to calm down enough to draw my blood without causing any harm.

Neither, I am a huge scardycat when it comes to needles in general...as the above mentioned. 

Shots tend to be quicker and you can only feel a pinch. The main reason why I'm scared is because I've had nurses made me look at the shot, and I just...ugh, faint. >_> 

• Brohoof 1

A shot! 
Last and first time I had my blood drawn, I got woozy and nearly passed out. Like sickly woozy! To make it worse, I jump when the needle got into my arm, almost breaking it. (It hurt though!). On the same day, I found out from the blood tests I had mono, which explained my lack of eating and heavy sleeping. ._.

Wanna know how long it took me to tell my mom I didn't kiss a boy, and that I got it from a water fountain? I seriously got it from a water fountain, guys. lol

And that, kids, is why I don't like th edoctor. Always come back with something. >.>

I realize how weird this is going to sound, but I enjoy getting shots. I like the feeling of getting stuck with the needle and the unique kind of soreness that follows for a while. Got a flu shot a little earlier this year, and I wish I could have gotten another. Now that I'm thinking about it, I could use a stick now...

Getting blood drawn isn't as pleasant since the needle sits there for a while as they're waiting for the tubes to fill up. Donating pints isn't fun at all because that thing is like a turkey baster and by the end of it I'm feeling a bit lightheaded and possibly cold.

• Brohoof 2

It depends, for me. I'm great with shots, so long as the contents inside don't sting. Shots are great because docs and nurses don't need precision.

I've had bloodwork done multiple times. The part I hate the most about them is the tourniquet- I get queasy when I have to feel the bounce of my arteries. Blood, I'm fine with- veins and arteries, though, I feel like fainting just thinking about them. I had a horrible excuse for a doctor's office, a while back. They had kittens in a cage in the waiting area, asking people to take them... They let people smoke right at the door, and it was just creepy because it was a house. They had the receptionist stabbing me over and overy, trying to get the vein. That sucks.

Other than that, I find it amusing to watch the vile fill up.

• Brohoof 1

I can't stand getting shots. It's always in places where it hurts the most. At least when they draw blood it's usually from the same place that has very few nerves so there's little pain unless the person doing it sucks at it.

Remember to drink lots of water beforehand so your veins are easier to hit.

• Brohoof 1

Oh no.... needles. *runs away* 

I do NOT like needles. But.. I'd rather get a shot than have my blood drawn. It takes less time, and shots don't involve getting pricked in super sensitive parts of the arm.  :o