Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer getting a shot or your blood drawn?

iceestarz

I honestly prefer getting a shot.

I had to get my blood drawn today, it was the worst. This is actually only my second time getting my blood drawn. The first time was for jaw surgery, and today was so they could check my thyroid and other things. But shoot, when they stuck a needle in me for my surgery I had to get a numbing shot before I would even let them touch me. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

I had both done quite a few times, and I prefer having blood drawn.

Whenever I get a shot, I always end up with the unpleasant feeling of whatever was injected into me sitting just under the skin like a lump, and it usually takes anywhere from fifteen minutes to an hour for it to go away.

Both are pretty scary,but the worst is getting an IV. :unsure:

For me, once I get past the needle part, the IV is kind of pleasant.

It's like I can feel my thirst getting quenched but I'm not drinking anything. It's freaky.

A shot, two months ago, I had to get my blood drawn, I was relaxed, I don't have any problems with that, until.......

Yep, the nurse who did it, was a total newbie!!! She inserted the needle and started moving it like a crazy!! Omg it hurt a lot!! I was nervous, I thought she was going to damage my flesh or something, they needed to call other nurse because she couldn't drawn the blood, I was soooo scared, now I'm scared of needles :S

I'd prefer a shot, anyday. As far as I can remember, there's never really been much sensation involved when I've had them-quick and painless. I think it's the knowledge and the feeling that something's being sucked out of the body, rather than being put in, that makes me more uneasy with having my blood drawn. 

I'd rather get shot.  :P

Really, neither option is bad per se, it's just that the shot is much quicker and generally less invasive. I've only had my blood drawn once, but I distinctly remember it taking for-friggin-ever to get done. I just don't really like the idea of having a needle under my skin that long.  :blink:

Shots, by far. Needles scare me in general, so there is that, but the fact of where they put the needle when taking blood literally makes me shiver and squirm just thinking about it. Call me a wimp, but that is something that actually scares me a lot. It's something that is not a pleasant thought at all. At least with shots they are an a basic area usually.

I definitely prefer getting a shot to having blood drawn.  Now, I'm not afraid of either anymore, but the same exact thing happens every time I have blood drawn.  I sit down, I look away, I think of something else, I feel the prick, and then I feel the blood draining away.  And as soon as it starts flowing, I start getting really light-headed and eventually either pass out or barely cling to consciousness.  Then the nurse listens to me mumbling "every single time this is so stupid..." as my vision slooowly comes back from a pure white screen, to a bright, cloudy reality, and finally to normal.  Like I said, I don't fear needles, it's just the physical response my body has to losing blood.  It's the main reason I won't donate blood.  Passing out every time probably isn't good for my health.

A shot, obviously.  It's over really quick.  Blood drawing you have to have something in your arm and it has to stay there and then the tube and you see your blood and blehhhhhhhhhhhh.

Unless it's a tuberculosis test, that sucks.

I've never had my blood drawn, but I'm sure that would be pretty cool :nom:. Both of them I wouldn't mind...I'm not a vampire, despite my :nom: emote :wacko:.

Edited by JingleWolf