Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer to be alone or surrounded by people?

Lightning Fluttershy

Alone or social?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Teh ultimate question \o/

• I prefer to be alone. Just me and my thoughts.
    • I don't mind a few friends around or pretty small groups of people.
    • I LOVE PEOPLE. I'm a social butterfly!
    • Depends on the circumstance. All three are cool by me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

@Sven Utacien Yeah I can relate. I love being around others but sometimes I need a break as sometimes the socialization can be too much for me. I was playing with friends earlier for quite a few hours and decided to take a break and stretch my legs a bit. In reality... I need to catch my breath and "recharge my batteries" so to speak hehe. Also I accept your quiet nature hehe.

@TheRockARooster I get that. Sometimes you aren't in the mood to socialize which happens to me sometimes. I'm usually only like that if I'm tired, angry, or stressed out though. 

As far as I go though... it definitely depends on my mood and who it is since sometimes I don't wanna talk to a certain person right now. Take my sister for example. She's a jerk and most of the time I don't wanna talk to her but sometimes I give her a chance.

Edited by Scarlet02

3 hours ago, Sven Utacien said:

Both. I don't want to be without friends, but I need my solitary time as well to recharge my batteries. :coco:

As long as people are positive and can accept my quiet nature, it's all good.

Absolutely true! We would be best of friends :coco:

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Scarlet02 said:

@Sven Utacien Yeah I can relate. I love being around others but sometimes I need a break as sometimes the socialization can be too much for me. I was playing with friends earlier for quite a few hours and decided to take a break and stretch my legs a bit. In reality... I need to catch my breath and "recharge my batteries" so to speak hehe. Also I accept your quiet nature hehe.

Right? :kindness: I think my mistake was that I couldn't accept this about myself in the past. Which, in the end, led to some big depression and as a result I did hurt and disappoint people way more. I was biting off more than I could chew. But after I accepted my limitations as well, things improved immensely! I can only offer so much and now others have to decide for themselves if that's enough or not. :coco: Today I feel full of power! I'm more talkative. :eager: But tomorrow? The energy might only be enough for 10 minutes. It really varies a lot. You probably understand what I'm talking about.

In general, I'm convinced, that variety is always important in life. I always hoped to find "that one big thing" for me, but it never worked for me. Like drawing, I only enjoy it in small doses. When I return to it after half a year, it's super fun. Always. But not when I force myself to it. The same is true when it comes to people and alone time.

21 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Absolutely true! We would be best of friends :coco:

*hugs* :kindness: This calls for something! :eager:

I can spend long amounts of time mostly alone and be fine. This was the case when I had my apartment. Aside from when I went to classes, I mostly stayed in my apartment alone with my dog.

That doesn't mean I don't like socialization. I do. I just...need a certain amount of alone time to do things by myself in each day and if I don't get that I can feel overwhelmed.

But I do need a certain amount of socialization. Also, I notice that when we have days at work where almost no one shows up (the recent winter storms) I can feel put off by that. However, the fact that my job is one where I work by myself is a great thing for me. So I don't know, it's just more about the ambience of whether or not people are around me.

• Brohoof 2

@Sven Utacien Aw... well I'm sorry you felt that way but I'm also glad you accepted that you have limitations. We all have our limits in different ways. I understand what you're getting at though since it depends on how you're feeling that day. Like I said earlier... sometimes I'm just not in the mood to talk and sometimes I can't seem to shut up hehe. Never push yourself to talk when you don't feel like it since that'll make you feel upset like before. If someone can't accept that, then that's their problem... not yours.

I also feel that since I'm taking a bit of a break from drawing. I might return to it in a week or so since I think it's important to not burn yourself out on anything whether it be gaming, drawing, or social interactions. Right now I'm just going through my notifications on here and then I might play some more games.

• Brohoof 1

I value my alone time but I don’t mind being social every now and then. I used to be fairly social in school but COVID took most of that away, so my most social public place to be is at work. Fine with me, though, since I know most people at work already.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...