Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 characters you prefer over their G4 "counterparts"

Misty Shadow

• 5 months later...

No one can convince me now that Sparky isn't better than Flurry Heart. Not only did he do something that actually had a major impact on the story of Make Your Mark, unlike Flurry in Friendship is Magic, Tell Your Tale recently added more to his character too. Flurry only caused problems for the sake of comedy and crying for attention while Sparky, despite causing problems too, recently inadvertently caused one because of his relatable desire to have a sibling. Sparky's relationships and interactions with the other characters are many times more interesting too because he has bonds with them that actually develop. 

Flurry and Twilight's bond was hardly developed and built to nothing. Sparky, by contrast, has an actual story in his bonds with Misty and Hitch. He doesn't trust Misty at all initially, starts warming up to her once he sees the first signs of a change of heart in her despite still maintaining suspicion, and trusts her completely after seeing the evil in her overtaken by good. Sparky also causes Hitch to grow more mature and responsible, chooses to be with Hitch over his own kind, and even directly acknowledges Hitch as his father.  

Sparky is just Flurry Heart but with no destiny? That could've never been more wrong. SparkyEmoteForum.png.e047db3ecd87ac700eaf690632763365.png

• Sad 1

(edited)
15 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

No one can convince me now that Sparky isn't better than Flurry Heart. Not only did he do something that actually had a major impact on the story of Make Your Mark, unlike Flurry in Friendship is Magic, Tell Your Tale recently added more to his character too. Flurry only caused problems for the sake of comedy and crying for attention while Sparky, despite causing problems too, recently inadvertently caused one because of his relatable desire to have a sibling. Sparky's relationships and interactions with the other characters are many times more interesting too because he has bonds with them that actually develop. 

Flurry and Twilight's bond was hardly developed and built to nothing. Sparky, by contrast, has an actual story in his bonds with Misty and Hitch. He doesn't trust Misty at all initially, starts warming up to her once he sees the first signs of a change of heart in her despite still maintaining suspicion, and trusts her completely after seeing the evil in her overtaken by good. Sparky also causes Hitch to grow more mature and responsible, chooses to be with Hitch over his own kind, and even directly acknowledges Hitch as his father.  

Sparky is just Flurry Heart but with no destiny? That could've never been more wrong. SparkyEmoteForum.png.e047db3ecd87ac700eaf690632763365.png

This does makes me sad they didn’t do much with McFlurry. I adore that ball of diabeetus :sunny:

Edited by Steve Piranha

Izzy > Pinkie for me. I don't dislike Pinkie at all but Izzy is like a diet version of her, not so off the walls all the time. Plus I really like the craft and creativity side of Izzy.

Zipp > Rainbow Dash as well depending on the episode. Zipp is a lot less egotistical and imo wrote more consistently. I feel like the way RD is portrayed in G4 is kind of inconsistent especially in the later seasons so its hard for me to outright say I like Zipp more than Dash. Some episodes I love her and the others I'm rolling my eyes at her.

• Brohoof 1