Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

"I'm not fighting you." Maple said coldly "I don't care to I have more important matters to attend to. If you block my path I will leave and you will be known as an enemy of equestria and if you are. My father will make short work of you." She didn't stop walking not even looking at the assassin expect at the last part. She started focused on balancing herself out not getting to mad and not being too happy.

Moonshadow flinched She's never done something like that. She's changed since the training started... He thought

• Brohoof 1

"Awww, that is to bad. And here i tought we where going to have some fun~.  O well, i can find enjoyment in a different way." She said in a mocking tone.

The assassin suddenly teleported out of existence but reappeared behind Moonshadow, she gave a fast tab with her elbow on the pressure point.

Jack drew his knife and started charging at the assassin, he tried to stab her, only for his to suddenly get grabbed by her mid strike.

With one strong twist, she completely twisted the bone that held Jack's hand together and then Punched him in the face with a fast attack, which caused Jack to get slammed back to the ground.

She then looked Maple.

"Should I give an another demonstration? I am sure your friends would like another go as beating bags." She taunted.

• Brohoof 1

"..." Maple refused to say anything for a while after watching that. "Very well." She drew her spear focusing on only the assassin "If you want to make me stand down don't pick on my friends. However if you kill me and lets just say that at least 2 gods are going to be really upset with your actions." She assumed a battle stance She decided to let the cat have the first move . I'm going down I know it. She thought But I refuse to leave without trying.

• Brohoof 1

"And you think that this is supposed to intimidate me? Your rulers are nothing more than a bunch of incompetent leaders, the first one lets all her minions do her dirty work while the second one becomes so soft that she got rid of her only advantage."

"But let's talk about you, your regard for your friend's safety is just astonishing, i have met some careless enemies in my day but you take the spot. You are the first person which I even bother to monologue with, isn't that just weird? Me, a mass murdering assassin taking its sweet time talking to some back door alien who is supposed to be a threat?"

"Perhaps i might even miss you after this, i would never be able to forget this ironic moment when you disregarded all signs of safety for your friends just to boost your ego! Tell me dear, was it worth it?" She said with a smirk

• Brohoof 1

"It's not a matter of self worth! If you aren't stopped you knows what you'll do next" She yelled angrily "It's not even just for my friends. I know if you are left to your own devices you'll just keep on murdering until there's no one left for you to kill and move on. If I die at least I tried." She turned to Jack and Moonshadow. "You two leave... This isn't going to be pretty" She said grieved.

• Brohoof 1

Jack looked at her with disbelief.

'Does she even know who she is up against?' he thought.

Though he eventually did as she said.

The assassin looked at her with a hint of enjoyment her in eyes.

"But let me ask you this, what makes you think that you can stop me? Thousands of individuals couldn't best me."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              "Tough i can give you perhaps a sign of pity? I do need my test subjects alive after all, murdering everything wouldn't be that beneficial for me." She said

• Brohoof 1

After Moonshadow and Jack left Maple sighed "I don't think I can beat you..." She looked down. "I may as well drop my weapon. I just said all that to make those two think I had a chance." She snapped her head back up to the assassin "However! I'm going to give it everything I've got. I know either way your going to die. If I win then that's good and If I never return to ponyville? Well then I become a martyr for your own defeat." She held up her spear aiming the blade at her enemy. "I'll still let you leave. If you do that means it's a draw. I won't tell anypony I beat you if you just let me by."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh? Would you let me leave? I have met some very nutty individuals in my day, but you are a top ranking one, there is no denial in that dear." She said.

"Tough i could kill you right here and now, it would pretty wasteful for me to do so, you are not my client's target after all."

"Draw it is then, it would a shame for you to so soon." The assassin lied as she teleported away.

• Brohoof 1

After The assassin left she wanted to go tell the other two that it was safe but her legs gave way from fear. "Guess I'm still a bit scared from that." She groaned. "Thank 'Tia she left." She said under her breath. She decided to lay there for a bit while she calmed down

---------------------------------------------

Moonshadow sighed and looked at "We can't let her fight alone. We...  We have to go help her." He panicked.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was about to say something, as a voice suddenly came from behind them.

"You should perhaps worry more about your own life hm?" came a voice out of nowhere.

Before Jack could turn around both victims suddenly got stabbed in the legs by small blades that had extended from the devices around the Assassin's arms, while the attack against the legs was not meant to kill them, the blades contained paralysis poison, meant for immobilising any targets.

He smirked at the two as she holstered the blades back.

"What a futile attempt, did you really think me for such a fool? I would have expected you to came up with some desperate escape plan, but instead you casually walk away with your buddy over there. But then again, you always were an easy mark."

"But the fun does not end here, it takes 2 minutes for the poison to work, during those 2 minutes, may i recommend your new course of action? Fight back, i am wide open." She taunted

Moonshadow decided to take the opportunity delivering a powerful stab with his large spear. "She's after you, go back to Maple she's not far. Something tells me there wasn't a fight either. Hurry!" He knew the clock was ticking on that poison, so they needed every second they could manage. "Come on fight me you... You freak!"

• Brohoof 1

The assassin jumped out of the right side before the spear could stab her.

'That's rights, run~.' she thought with amusement.

Jack nodded and started sprinting away.

The assassin just stood there.

"A head on attack, surprise attack, whatever you are planning just won't work, but i can see you are buying time."

"But sadly for you, that won't make any difference." she chuckled

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Moonshadow's spear changed into a heavy two hoofed sword he swung opposite of the way the assassin jumped using centrifical force to deliver a stronger hit. "If you know. I'm buying time then... No More Holding BACK!" She swing was so strong a gust of wind came off the blade creating a weak breeze.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

The assassin quickly conjured a magical blade that enveloped her left hand in order to block the incoming hit, though she had to put a lot of strength into blocking it, because of Moonshadow's earth pony strength and the weapon, it proved to be rather difficult to keep such a thing up for long, but...

The assassin had one hand free and shot an electric shockwave towards her enemy.

• Brohoof 1

Moonshadow leaned down making his heavy armor take the blunt of the attack for him. When it hit his armor cracked and he fell over losing his footing. He stabbed his sword into the ground and help it there as he regained his center of balance. After he did he changed his weapon back into a spear and charged her again.

• Brohoof 1

The assassin looked behind her 'This is taking up to much time, I should stop playing around with them.' she tought

She faced the earth pony and took a really specific stance, she waited for 2 seconds, before she took one tiny step, and then jumped forward, only to materialise out of thin air.       

She was going at a fast speed, she re materialised on the back of Moonshadow and clutched both her feet against her body to keep the grip as she made a backwards headbutt using a strong plating on the back of her head.

• Brohoof 1

When the headbutt connected Moonshadow stumbled and threw the assassin off his back "Ow! That was cheap. Come on and fight with some dignity." He switched the way he was holding his weapon and threw it at the assassin running after it so he could quickly pick it up.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

She landed on her feet with grace.

"you do realise I am toying with you? I could have stabbed you in the back of your neck and be over with it."

"But no, i am resorting to acrobatics in order to lower myself to your level."

"Face it, you are weak." she taunted.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

"I am not. You're just stronger." He said picking up his spear and readying to throw it again "Even if I'm weak to you I've still got a chance so come on. Let's go."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Maple wondered why the others hadn't come back yet She stared off in the direction they went "Hey! Are you two Ok?" She shouted.

• Brohoof 1

"If only you knew how much stronger you could become, but you are forced with the limits of your own, that's quite a shame.." she said

She then stared off into the distance.

"It seems our time is almost up together, I hate to leave this amusing battle, but I have things of my own." She said dryly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack eventually came wandering.

"Are you finally going to listen to me? DONT fight her! Moonshadow forced me to run ahead so she could hold her off."

"We need to get back to Canterlot as in right now. Because if you fight her right now, you are going to end up dead!"

"Sometimes sacrifices must be made, but in this situation? You won't be making a sacrifice, you will be throwing away your life for nothing because you will gain nothing for dying here, even if the 3 of us teamed up against her we still would have no chance. You do not owe me, but you owe him!" Jack said, pointing towards the direction where Moonshadow was.

He sighed.

"Look, if you want to fight her, then try, but don't drag others in this particular one, me and Moonshadow almost died when you stormed forth to fighter her, i am not blaming you, but i do not approve of the actions you are making right now, it is time to act as a Captain Maple, not for blind heroics, but for the safety of your race, isn't that what you have sworn to protect?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Moonshadow dropped his weapon and it hit the ground with a loud *Clang* "Great!" He celebrated "Thank Celestia! I'm alive." He panted he was covered in sweat from both fear and adrenaline.

------------------------------------------------------

Maple knew he was right. She now felt terrible for what she had done she only wanted to get rid of the threat but she wanted to so badly she ignored the safety of her own friends I... It's all my fault. She thought to herself tears forming in her eyes. I... She looked at Jack through tears and said to him "No! I do owe you. I owe you the value of you word. You know way more about the enemy than I do. I..." Her voice faltered "I should have listened from the very beginning. I'm sorry, Let's..." He voiced failed her. She started to head back towards where Moonshadow was.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

Jack's ears went down a bit. 'I never like saying these things, but i had to. It already hurt me when i had to confront my very own mentor about this, bu thaving to do this again is not something I am proud of.' he thought.

he followed Maple but was very aware of his surroundings.

'I know you are stalking us Mother, I know you better than anyone else here.' he thought with hatred.

• Brohoof 1

Maple was so upset she couldn't think straight. "M... Moonshadow... We're going home." She said weakly. She started to remember all the other times she had failed. Her past wasn't helping her mood. She just kept getting more and more sad. She nearly collapsed at one point but kept standing weakly. Mom, Dad, Equestria... She thought I failed them all again.

Moonshadow hearing Maple's voice simply nodded and picked up his weapon following beside Jack "What did you do? She isn't usually this sad."

• Brohoof 1

"I told her that engaging that assassin right now is just too reckless, we cannot stay here, we need to regroup." Jack whispered into his ear.

"But if i am going to be honest, that assassin is not after you 2 in particular, but she is after me without a doubt, she is my mother after all, and she is a pure savage. Do not mistake her leaving for mercy, she is up to something, that is why we need to regroup before we do anything this big." Jack whispered once more.

• Brohoof 1

Moonshadow could deny that but he didn't something was eating at the captain but he didn't know what. "Alright I'll take your word for it. Let's hurry Captain."

"Go on without me. I'm barely of use to you guys now. I'm sorry Moonshadow I put you in harms way for my own desires." Maple said sorely.

"Captain with all due respect don't beat yourself up about it. I'm not too bad hurt and neither is Jack. Losing you however would end this war before it began." He knew this was a mistake but he couldn't think of anything better "If you die then The army loses not only the strongest soldier but the most loyal and fearless. You've lead charges against impossible odds, Helped other when they need you most and when they need it the least, You're the backbone of the army captain. I couldn't wish to serve anypony else." He saluted her. "Let's get home."

Maple wiped away her tears. "Th... Thank you Moonshadow. Let's hurry then." She smiled a bit at him.

• Brohoof 1