Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

"I'm glad it's helping. I didn't really know what to do. I can only use this on one person. I was so worried about you Jack. I'm sorry I didn't check on you before now. Maple told me what was up though I'm here to help!" Luna exclaimed strengthening the cooling spell making Jack almost feel cold. "I don't really know if you need anything else... Let me know if there's anything I can do to help..." Luna shared a soft smile.

• Brohoof 1

"Is it ok if i sit on your back when we start moving again? My feet are getting very tired, I am used to walking a good amount of distances on most types of terrain." Jack admitted.

"But really, thank you." He said as he hugged her tightly.

-------------------------------------------

Karthspire was standing on top of a sand hill, gazing into the far depths of the desert for a rather long time.

"Karthspire, I mean sir, you have been standing there for this entire time, is the reason we stopped really because you thought we should rest up, or... if there another reason for it?" Betamor asked with curiosity.

He didn't answer for a minute until he put his cigar out of his mouth.

"You remember those rumours? About those attack forces? Guess what we just stumbled upon? One of those very forces." Karthspire said.

Betamor frowned and started looking in the same direction, his eyes narrowing.

"I don't see anything, how are you able to identify them?" Betamor asked him.

All Karthspire did was hold up a hand, mentioning him to be quiet for a moment.

And there it was a sound, a loud thumping sound, of some mechanical monstrosity.

"You hear that? It is far away, just beyond our sight, but sooner or later, we will stumble upon them, hence why i decided we should stop here, and so we can avoid them." Karthspire said calmly.

"Oh. Of course, that's perfectly fine!" Luna, after the hug, levitated Jack up in between her, Now spread wings hoping to make more room for him. "There you go. Take your break. You need."

Maple and Evelyn where still near each other "So... You think it's a good idea?" Maple said to her.

"Yea. Then you could be stronger especially since you could use that spear of yours and that bow too!" Evelyn said kinda hoping she would. She didn't like the fake' body anyways. " Thought I mean it's up to you and you should really think about this. For a while."

• Brohoof 1

"Thanks, I may be tuckered out for a pretty long while, I don't sleep often but when I  do I can sleep really long." Jack said with a smile as he made himself comfortable, resting his head on her right wing.

He fell asleep after only 5 minutes, which meant it working alot better than sleeping on bare ground.

'Yo, Evelyn, did Maple wanted to speak with me? If she wants, could you relay my messages to her? If anything, now is a good time if you guys are talking about that body thing.' Kiran's voice suddenly said.

Evelyn jumped hear Kiran suddenly. 'She doesn't know about you... Should I tell her you exist? I've got no idea.' Evelyn looked at Maple and smiled trying to make sure she knew nothing was wrong.

Maple smiled back "I still kinda need a second opinion sorry for it being you I ask but I got it from you so... Is... Something wrong? That smiles kida weird."

'Well? Should I tell her?' Evelyn thought to Kiran

• Brohoof 1

'You was of course not there when Jack was talking with Maple, but he already told her about me, in fact, I am planning on teaching her, and it seemed a rather good start for me to begin here. But you can tell her anyways, although  my better answer is, tell her that I also vote and encourage her to get that new body, a metal body like she has now is an extremely good thing to have on the battlefield, but is not exactly the most appealing thing to have when it comes to sociality. I do, however, need to explain her a few things if she ends up doing it.' He thought to her.

'Right I'll tell her...' Evelyn looked at Maple "So... Uh... Jack has another person living inside his mind. Kiran. They wanted me to tell you that they're the one who will train you... and that they think that you should probably go for the more organic body. The metal one is cool and all but the normal one means you have more Social understanding." 

"Oh! In that case, I'll stay in this body... I'm not a very social pony, in general, I mostly like to fight so tell 'Kiran' that which I just said. Combat's all I know really, Not even leading it's just me against the enemies... That's it." Maple sighed "Another thing I need lessons on but no one can teach me how to talk..."

• Brohoof 1

'I think it is a bit of a shame if she decides that, a machine is strong and alot more durable then flesh, yes, but it can never grow physically stronger, unlike a body who can develop over time and grow stronger and increase its muscle size by training. At first, the body will be weaker than the machine, but given enough time and fighting, it can even become stronger than her current mechanical body, not an easy feat to accomplish, but not impossible. And from what I know about her, she wishes to become stronger than her enemies.' He said.

'And i do need to know this specific thing, is she capable of leading things or does she want to start leading? Those are 2 different things, wanting is something else then having a neck for it, by what she is saying, it doesn't sound very reassuring by that she tends to fight alone against her enemies like that, leading requires teamwork, and with teamwork you usually are togheter. I think she sounds more like a solo type of fighter rather then an a commanding leader, from my perspective that is, i can know, because i work solo myself.  I can learn her how to lead but it will really depend on how well it will work out in the end. In some societies, leaders are chosen by strength and success, but i fint that kind of approach a waste, better have a leader that is chosen for his/her capabilities of tactics and planning rather than accomplishments and overall strength in the battlefield.'

'To be honest, i am not even sure in wich of those 2 Karthspire was chosen by, he is a tactical expert, i admit that, but given his overall past the strength part might also be there...'

'I think i would require to hear her answer first before i can do anything.'

Evelyn nodded "Maple. You're captain of that guard your in yea? Kiran wants to know if you got that because you can lead, or because of your strength and we need the honest answer."

"I... Well I got the position for strength, but As I grew in the position I learned to lead decently, however, as time went on... I noticed I led very strangely... I'd try to get others to stay out of a fight while I tried to fight everything... And now that I mention it I had a lot of scars from that behavior... So... Does that answer that question?" Maple asked deep concerned it didn't help at all.

• Brohoof 1

'Hmm, yes it does, while I personally think you are calling is perhaps not leading entire armies, but I think what you would be more suited at is leading small individual teams, who is capable of sabotage missions, infiltration, or performing separate attacks during an invasion. From what you told me, you would act really good in such task, and from what i can remember of Jack's memories, the, what was it called... Nightguard is mainly a night operation force am i correct? If so, then you should already have a fair amount of experience regarding these things i mentioned.'

'And even if that doesn't work, leading doesn't necessarily mean having command over others, but being part in one of those operation teams already has an act of leading, not only are you performing your task, you also need to lookout for your teammates as well, i have done this before a good amount of times, and i can assure you, you will end up leading your teammates even without realising in the thick of combat, it is up to you if this appeals, i am going to teach you regardless, but while you are here, you might want to think about it, since its not we who could use the help, but all those out there, the main reason why i still am fighting to this very day.' He said.

' I sadly cannot teach you completely until i got my own body, but along the way i can give some good pointers, who knows. But anyways, i cannot talk much further, apparently, Jack is sleeping and it is interfering with my own thoughts, so I need to keep it short here, just think about what I said, once i got my body, we have deal. I will speak to you soon.' Kiran said as then after that his voice faded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karthspire was standing there for a while until he suddenly called to everyone.

"Listen up Everyone, a massive strike force of our enemies are nearing us, we cannot risk attacking them because the casualties would be enourmes, and what is worse, they are being accompanied by a massive warmachine, wich means we need to move fast, before it can spot us, they are still about 10 minutes away, but i need everyone to gather up, there is a sandstorm nearby, we will be using that as a means to cloak ourselves and to make sure they don't spot a single one of us, so stick togheter and follow my lead once i give the signal.  Gather everyone around!" He called out, concern could be heard in his voice.

After Evelyn relayed all of that to Maple, She nodded. "Ok... So, Well... I'll think I've made up my mind... With the possibility of being stronger than this I'll do it... No matter what I have to get to the top... and be as strong as I can possibly be. There's no point in staying in this body should higher strength be achievable. I want to make sure that I prevent as many deaths as I can. If I can't do that I'm not doing my job. So I'll need that body... After all using weapons is hard with hoofs." Maple looked at herself and honestly doubted it. But she had a oath she mad that she was GOING to uphold

-----------------------------------------------------

Luna looked at karthspire hearing the general concern in his voice. "But... Traveling through a sandstorm is dangerous. Your people are going to get hurt if we do. Then again... What other choice do we have? We could go around after it passes... but that'll take too long... We certainly CAN engage them... but that'll be a lot of losses on both ends... Should we get detected we need to have a plan."

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

"I am afraid we don't have much choice regarding the sandstorm, if there is one of those war machines around, you can bet they have a good army around it. And then for the matter when they spot us, we have a very large army, they will send in reinforcements when they size of what we currently have, retreating in the desert is not easy because of the terrain. This sandstorm is big enough to hide all of us, it is our only way getting past this obstacle without turning it into a slaughter." Karthspire said with a sigh. "But you are right regarding the escape plan, sadly there isn't much we can escape to, its all desert around us, our best bet is staying close together and guard all our flanks, we keep moving forward, while our enemies can't see us and get lost in the sandstorm."

"We just have to stay together, not going out of formation, and if necessary, cover the less capable ones from the sandstorm.  I admit, going through a sandstorm is dangerous, but it is far safer then throwing ourselves into an avoidable battle that won't get us anywhere if I can preserve lives I take that chances."

"Everyone should get ready now, I will give the signal once we can move, spread the word around!" He called out to everyone, but he knew there was no other option as far as he knew in this situation.

Jack suddenly woke up from all the sounds that were going on.

"Huh, what is going on?" Jack asked Luna half asleep.

"It was nothing Jack. Go on and rest some more. It'd be best given..." Luna said calmly.

Maple heard Karthspire's announcement and flew over to the others and started warning them of the plan. Evelyn did the same.

Celestia heard it and approched Karthspire. "I think I've got an Idea for an escape plan. Karthspire."

• Brohoof 1

Jack was too tired to ask any further, or be aware of what was going on for that matter, and close his eyes again, normally he would have gotten up and checked his surrounding, but he was now sleeping on something so soft that he really didn't want to get up.

Karthspire looked her with intrigue

"I am interested in the sound of that, and always open for ideas, so please do tell." He told Celestia.

It was busy among the large group itself as soldiers where all muttering and talking to each other while preparing themselves at the same time.

Celestia used magic to create a hologram. "If a strike team was to hit the War machines side then Maple could slip into the machine, With an engineer who can disable the war machine. I refuse to believe those things are uncontrollable... If they truly are, Me and Luna can freeze it completely. We have more than enough magic between us to achieve that." Celestia showed everything as she was explaining on the hologram

• Brohoof 1

"That plan does sound good in theory, it would surely aid us if they have one less of those things," Karthspire said.

"However, there are some problems, first comes the problem with getting inside, those things have no form of entrance since it is too big to even be capable of manned by a crew. This would mean it acts in a similar way as a drone, and then comes the problem with its armor itself, it is very strong, should someone be able to penetrate it, it won't really matter much because you would be spending around 2 hours to get deep enough, a time that you don't have when in the thick of battle."

"And with freezing, that is a rather hard gamble, on most machines it would work, but on this one I doubt it, if you look at its bulk, its size and heigh, you would be spending so much magic freezing that thing, while all it would take for that thing to get free is apply a bit more force, and all of your efforts would be for naught"

"And here comes the most important one, we don't want to get spotted like at all, my reason for going trough the sandstorm is so that they won't spot us, because if they do spot us, they will be following us, and lets just say should we by some reason be able to take out that strike force and that warmachine, it wouldn't garantee our safety at all, then they know we are traveling with a masive army, and are aware we are going to siege something, they will keep attacking us to a point where we no longer have enough soldiers in order to carry out the assault on that conversion center." He explained.

"But at the same time, let's just say if we end up getting spotted while in the sandstorm because one of us got lost or did something that draws their attention, then we need a backup plan, and that is where your plan can come into play Because if we are spotted, then we no longer have a reason to go trough the sandstorm in the first place, tough instead of trying to destroy it, you 3 might rather want to distract that Machine, I will send out some of my troops to stall that vanguard that surrounds the machine itself."

"I wouldn't recommend using ice on that thing though like I said, won't slow it down due to its size, hit and run attacks are better to do for you 3 against such a thing. I will have to tell you this, the war machine's rockets fire in a mortar swoop rather than straight, I would advise you to tell your friends to fly above cloud level and stay there, higher if need be, because that is where the war machine cannot hit them, on the ground however... you can consider your friends dead once that thing fires its payload, not even that sandstorm will save them from it, if you care about their safety, head that advice, because it will become a warzone ones fighting erupts against them." He mentioned, knowing how dangerous it will become.

He then looked into the distance.

"We have got about 6 minutes left, Do I need to know anything specific, something about your friends? If you feel like something is important to mention now is the time." Karthspire said.

• Brohoof 1

Maple approached Karthspire. "Nothing else of importance to report in except... Well, I have an Idea for a backup plan... but Jack would have to help me... he can't however so It'll just be discarded... I figured the core in my body... you know... if it were to rupture I bet that machine wouldn't survive but... I'm not gonna let it come to that unless Jack can get my soul out of this body. Sorry.... I'm rambling... Anyways... The rest of the forces are ready Karthspire."

• Brohoof 1

Karthspire thought for a moment, and then he responded.

"Well, I would like to hear your plan, and I do think Jack could help."

He gave a quick glance to Luna.

"He seems to be sleeping at the moment, but you could try to waking up, not sure if it is appropriate, but I doubt he would be capable of sleeping through a sandstorm." Karthspire mentioned.

"Basically I just overload this bodies core which would eventually cause it to detonate. Jack could remove my soul from the body before it blew up and it'd just be me giving up the Robotic body not really my whole self. I... am to get a new physical, not robotic one soon... But let's save that as a last resort alright..."

Luna nodded and nudged Jack awake "Jack things are about to get very serious. If you could get up for a little while then we need you to... Maple wants to run a plan by you, just in case."

• Brohoof 1

Karthspire nodded.

"Of course, you aren't exactly considering a simple plan, you are in theory saying that you want to blow yourself up to take thing a big war machine, normally that would sound rather extreme unless you would want to die, but you do have a reason for considering doing something like that." Karthspire admitted.

"Still that is not meant in a bad way, rather a heroic one if you ask me, but do not worry, that will be a final solution." He reassured her.

Jack shifted a bit until he opened his eyes and shifted his head a bit towards Maple's direction.

"I heard the plan, I was lucky to already be mildly awake when you told me of your plan, and I do have to say, that is a rather extreme last end solution Maple, Even though you are getting a new body soon, it still seems a bit hardcore that you are throwing away your robot body so willingly, even if it might not happen, still... the idea that you are even considering this, but then again i shouldn't be talking here, i have been similiar things in the past alot, even if they have failed, i still attempted them." Jack said.

"But i do have to ask you this first before I agree, how would i join you in this, going on foot is really out of the questions, and no offense here Maple, but if I would be sitting on your back i wouldn't feel very safe, you fly a bit too fast with those yet engines of yours, those things aren't really meant for passengers. I feel it is important to mention, i have already discussed the safety topic with Evelyn and she wouldn't be very happy if i end up getting hurt like that, especially from something that could have been prevented." Jack mentioned.

'And here i am talking about safety, yet back in my surviving days, i treated safety like it was just another thing would just flow along what I did.  I just hope they really think about a way to keep it safe, and i mean by everything in general, i can remember that time when i was shot in the chest and they where to focused on Fluttershy to notice that, and Festus being the hero that he is by literly *slapping* some sense in them, i cannot imagine how angry Luna would have been if she had seen me just bleeding there, she be furious without a doubt.' Jack thought.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"Yea... It's extreme... But it'll work should we need it." Maple repeated "And Jack to answer you question. Luna or Evelyn could fly you in range... But let's... hope it doesn't come to that... I want to help on the raid to save your sister... Plus I don't think Woody would like me if I did that..."

Luna chuckled "Don't worry Maple. For now, we can avoid this machine. Karthspire we should get ready... And soon."

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded

"I guess we will see what happens, if only it all turns alright." He said.

Karthspire held up a bit, mentioning for everyone to be quiet for a moment.

He stared into the distance, listening for any sounds, the mechanical stomping in the sand started to grow a bit louder.

"NOW!!" He yelled as he drew his pistol and started running straight ahead, into the coming sandstorm, everyone followed him in there.

It was a very strong wind, most would almost be blown off their feet by the sheer force of it, except for the ones who had a more stronger grip, in which the Dragons excelled.

Jack at one point got blown off Luna's back and got thrown a couple of meters into the direction the wind was blowing, his very lightweight was now proving to be his weak point.

But he was not the only one, others had problems with this too, but most would just lose their balance or at the very worst tumble back a 2 meters.

He managed to regain his balance at one point and planted his feet thoroughly into the sand, attempting to hold a grip on it.

'Where is everyone?' he thought

Deciding that it was not worth standing around while everyone else was moving, he decided to move forth as well, with alot of effort but managed bit by bit.

he then realised he might have gotten further away from the group.

'This is just great...' He thought with a growl.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Maple and Luna both noticed Jack fly off Luna went to get him but was defeated by the heavy winds... She could be blown away even into the enemies given how much air she caught, Maple on the other hoof, her metal body was unmoved by the winds so she flew over and covered Jack's face from the sandstorm "You ok? I saw you fly off..."

evelyn also noticed him fly off of Luna but was a  bit slower, Her wings were larger so harder to control in intense winds.

• Brohoof 1

"I am alright, it is just this one time I wish I wasn't so light weighted, barely eating really is at fault there." Jack replied.

The main group was still moving, but not at a fast pace, more trying to stay together rather than to take up the pace faster.

But Jack suddenly heard something.

"Hold it... I can hear something, it is feint, and with this sandstorm is hard to listen..." he said.   "LOOK OUT!!" He suddenly screamed as an infected suddenly jumped at her, it had not able to been detected due to the sandstorm, and it was not capable of seeing them through the normal means of eyes, however... it had found them in a rather known fashion, they had smelled Jack's blood, which was still there from where he had burned his the fur on his left hand and had reopened a bit during his training.

The infected jumped on Maple's back and started clawing at her plating, it was not having much success of breaching it, but that did not mean it was incapable, they where the unpredictable creature's after all.

Jack reacted fast and shot an magical blast at the creature, blowing it off her, however, after he did that, a infected slashed him across the shoulder, it then tackled him to the ground, but was both Jack and the infected where blown away by the wind, wich did work a bit in Jack's favor at that moment.

They where getting attacked from around 14 of them, who had been sent in the sandstorm as shock troopers, and scouts at the same time.

'Damn it, this is just great!' Jack thought.

He then jumped at the infected who had attacked him earlier and started slashing at it like a wildman.

Maple's claws flipped out of her hooves "Stay close to me... It's going to be hard for you to fight in these conditions... We can't risk you getting hurt by these things." Maple then slices one who dared get too close the slash was deep and merciless there was no getting up. "Do... You think You can use telepathy to get help? I can take them but I'd sustain a lot of damage." Maple spun and slashed one with her back hoof. "Might wanna hurry too."

• Brohoof 1