Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

"Sorry, I've got nothing... Perhaps one of the equestrians will? They're coming here... one of their own got hurt as well I think they'll be able to take care of her though." Evelyn said. She moved over to Jack "You'll be ok... I know it..."

Windphaser approached Karthspire. "Running is a worse plan... Once we get to the center and get in they'll wait outside it for us... That said I have an Idea. We split our forces. That way they'll do the same, however, at that same time we prep our forces. One of the squads fights and that is the one the giant mech doesn't follow... What do you think?"

• Brohoof 1

"You make a fair point there, it could potentially work, but some problems need to be fixed here, we would need to plan on when we would do this split up, right now it would be too risky, as the squad that will fight, it will end up getting too far behind while the others would already be traveling further, and turning back midway won't work either...   And then we have the other thing." Karthspire said as he mentioned with his head to Jack.

"We have got 2 wounded, I can guarantee everyone here that they won't be fairing good when another battle happens, that war machine aside, they can attack us with so many possibilities and so many ways to ambush or surprise attack us, no matter how much the wounded will be protected, you just can't guarantee someone's safety when they are on the battlefield.."

"I suggest that if we follow this plan, we create a 3rd group as well, which should consist of those who can move fast but are able to carry the wounded at the same time.  We have the first group fight back againts our enemies, while the second one tries to lead the War machine away from the first group, and then the 3rd group travels towards the Conversion center, but at the same time tries to avoid our enemies with fast movement and hiding, because when you wounded among you, you would prefer to avoid conflict, that way you could atleast prevent them from getting hurt even further." Karthspire said.

"While we are still working out that first part, we atleast got a follow up on that, Alright people,  if any of you prefer to be placed in a specific group, now is your time to say it, but do keep in mind that we will be following the way of what works out best, now... Any preferred placements?" Karthspire asked everyone.

Jack blinked a few times, but his vision was still a little blurry, mostly due to exhaustion.

"I really hope so, it really does hurt.." Jack admitted.

"Well, it's logical that it hurts, your ribcage has suffered a good amount of damage to its structure, a good deal of your tissue has been destroyed and you are bleeding from the inside. Not only that, but that wound on your shoulder seemed to have gotten swollen, it had been left untreated for too long... Did no one pay any notice to that? Dear me..." The medic said as he started opening up Jack's bullet wound a bit better to get a good look at it, which caused Jack to scream in pain for a moment.

"Karthspire... Sir, I can lead one of the groups if you trust me enough with it. I'm a rather good leader. I'm also cool under pressure as you might've noticed... But the choice is yours... The other equestrians should arrive here soon as well. However, If I was you I'd only have one Equestrian leader if any." Windphaser suggested he didn't have a lot of experience but he knew how these things went. "I'm ready for whatever you need of me sir."

Evelyn watched nervously "B... be careful. No need to hurt him if we can avoid it." Evelyn looked concerned at Jack, She'd been caring for him a lot, He'd really grown on her

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

Karthspire thought for a moment and then responded.

"Your suggestion seems like a good idea, though I do personally think if we have 2 leaders that will lead a group just to be sure, this is for a good reason, should something happen to one of the leaders, the other can take over right away, where with one leading figure the group would be thrown into disarray without a leading figure who can keep the situation under control. I would rather do the following, you will lead the first group, but someone else will be aiding you in the leading part, her name is Therisha, She is quite skilled when it comes to leading fast-paced attacks, whether it is hit and run attacks or the need for fast remobilisation. And she can read the terrain like a book, meaning she knows where the cover is best, or which type of soldier has a better advantage at a given position." Karthspire said to him.

"Tough now we will have to wait for the others of your group since they are not part of my army but still aid us, I think it is only proper that they also are given a chance in which group they would like to be placed. Tough i might have to choose for one of them if said person wants to join in a group where or she won't fit in well."

"If the others arrive, could you explain to them what i have told everyone here? I will be busy asking where everyone would want to be placed." Karthspire asked Windphaser.

He then started talking to some of the soldiers individually, waiting for the other Equestrians to arrive.

"Sorry, sorry, but i am afraid i can't be more carefull then this, i will have to open up the wound more, and i don't have access to any machines, i have no magic, or any pain killers for that matter, i can only promise i will try as carefull as i can, but this is not exactly easy when i have to work with what i currently have instead of being back in the city, where we have all kinds of tools and even some equipment that could help me with this situation." The medic admitted.

"Please make it fast, even if you to tear me open completely, please do it fast..." Jack said weakly.

"Sounds like a plan... I'll make sure they know." Windphaser said. He drew his katana, the energy coming off it like lightning He levitated a whetstone to it sharpening the edge. "They'll be back soon... So for now... We wait."

Evelyn still watched worried "Quick and painless... Hopefully... I wish I could make it hurtles- Actually Jack just talks to me ok? About something... Anything you can think of." She said moving closer to him.

• Brohoof 1

Jack thought for a moment, as he did not know what to talk about specifically.

"Well, i actually wanted to give you something soon, but i am not sure when is the right time, since we will be busy soon, i can't imagine-" Jack gritted his teeth at the sudden pain that was starting to arise in his wound, but he tried to fight againts the pain.

"I can't imagine what will happen ahead, we are in a tight, and i am not even sure how we will go through all of this." Jack admitted.

The other Equestrians arrived back and Windphaser approched them, Telling them the plan that he and Karth agreed on Celestia noded "Very well... Wehere ever all of us are needed we are ready to assist."

Luna nodded too horn glowing "Running does only work for so long. We may have losses true but this is our only way out."

Ember and Festus went over by themselves. "You ok Ember? That's a lot of damage."

"I'll heal... It's ok..." Ember said standing on her own. "We need to help as much as we can here. It's not good as is."

"Yea... You're right Ember. I'll do my best you can count on it." Festus said "Make sure to get those checked as well... I'm scared..."

"What do you aspire to become Jack?" Evelyn said trying to make conversation, it tended to help ease the pain if you didn't focus on it. "You wanted to be a hero right?"

"A hero, I never really wanted to become a hero, all I wanted was to give others a better future, whether I would be considered a hero or not really struck me as something important to myself, I never cared much for such fame or attention, all I desire is to stay near those who I hold hear, and at the same time help out those who I are in need of that help, that has always been my primary objective."

"But then... I get conflicted because I do alot of things, but then come moments... Where I don't want to die... I am not sure if I should see that as a weakness or not, it really does hinder me in a way, but at the same time, it doesn't... I don't really know what to make of it." Jack admitted.

The medic was looking inside the wound after he had opened a bit, and then deeply frowned.

"Oh boy, this doesn't look good... We will have to open you up in the area where your upper torso is located, the bullet has gone even deeper and had shifted over time. But it will be Risky because this means you could bleed out and die when i do this, we are talking about something very deep... So deep that by the time I get the bullet out, you would already be dead, which really isn't an option, but then again i don't see any other way..." The medic mentioned after he had been looking thoroughly at the wound.

Luna walked away from the others and hurried into the tend "Jack! Gosh, that bullet... Is... Is there a way I can do anything? I remember my sister removing a bullet with magic... Maybe I could do that? I mean if you think It'll help any... Please just let me help, anything I can do please..."

Evelyn looked at her, "I don't know Luna... I just don't... Jack that dream sounds lovely. I bet you're proud of something like that!"

• Brohoof 1

"She did? Hmmm, well, to be fairly honest here I can't really know for certain if it would be a good idea. Thing is, I don't know anything about magic, I haven't seen anyone use it to heal others beforehand, I am a field medic, not a full-fledged doctor that performs operations and surgery. I guess you could give it a try if you truly believe it might work, you are the parent here after all." The medic admitted to Luna

"Tough to be safe, you might want to ask your sister on how she did it, or perhaps even let her do it, your son could die if something goes wrong, this is not something lightly that we are talking about it, we are technically trying to do something that only a surgeon would do."

"If it is worth the risk, I am taking it, it will become worse if I will keep it there." Jack said "Tough you are right about Evelyn, it is what tends to keep me going in difficult times." Jack said to Evelyn with a smile or atleast the best smile he could muster because of how he was feeling.

"I witnessed it work. I know I can do it... I'll need time... But I know I can do it, with a bit of help keeping him conscious, That way I'mknow I'm not killing him." Luna sighed "However I don't know...  I just, It's really risky. Jack is this what you want? I want to know you want this too..."

Maple was outside looking out at the sand but she knew something different now. She looked around for Karthspire and approached him "Orders, sir..."

• Brohoof 1

"Yes I want this Luna, I have seen enough wounds like these in my life to know how bad it will end if that bullet won't be removed, please, do it, at all cost. Even if it is going to hurt alot" Jack told her.

Karthspire was a bit lost in thought until Maple spoke to him.

"Hm? Oh, right, i presume Windphaser had already told all of you about our plan, so i was wondering if all of you had decided in wich groups you wanted to be placed, but do keep in mind, we might have to shift some places if it means it could increase our survival." He told her.

Luna nodded "Very well I will do my best to make this not hurt." Luna walked up to him and focused trying to locate the bullet in his body and she did, She eventually did and focused on it lifting it slowly not making a lot of progress, but progress at that. "Is... Is it working?" She couldn't tell if it was doing anything but she continued to attempt it anyways.

"Well... I wanted to be a part of the one that is moving the giant machine away... It's where I feel I belong. I'll make sure everyone gets out... I mean it... Everyone, Even me. No risky stuff this time. On that, I swear my honor." Maple said to Karthspire with a bow. "If you think I'm better else where so be it... I'm ready for orders."

• Brohoof 1

"I can't say for sure, I can't look inside his body, you might have to base it on where you think it is." The medic suggested.

"You are getting there Luna, but not that far, I can only feel it hit certain spots on my body, but I can't say for sure." Jack admitted.

He was shifting around uncomfortably, the feeling of a metal object moving around his body was really starting to panic him.

It was then that the moving bullet hit one of the broken of his ribs, and what followed was bad, a stream of pain surged throughout his entire body, it hurt so much that he didn't scream out, but rather was lying on the ground with his pupils becoming very small, his eyes wide open. He seemed to be in some sort of shock, which was caused when the magic moving bullet hit one of his broken ribs, which send out a signal to his brain that had like a panic effect.

Karthspire was impressed by Maple's response, it was something he would only ever expect from one of his own more disciplined soldiers.

"Your intention is admirable and full of courage i must say, not to mention you are really formal. Tough i will have to mention that this will the hardest and most dangerous out of the other 2 groups, as everyone in that group would need to be capable of defending themselves again situations that you can't push back. Which involves lots of teamwork and swift mobilization. I do believe your words, considering what you had to endure today, i would not even dare to doubt your words about this.  I have yet to decide who will be leading the second group, so once i have come to the decision who it will be, you will be informed." Karthspire said to her.

"Wich means you are in, though that does lead me to a question, you have been talking about this Kiran alot, how do you know about that?" Karthspire asked her curiously.

Luna started to use more pressure on the bullet, it would hurt more but be out of there quicker, "Just... Relax... Being tense will make it get stuck some more... I'm making progress I can tell... Just relax and this will be over before you know it." Luna looked worried but determined. "Just trust me."

"Kiran? Jack told him about me... I've been chatting with him for a while. It's why I'm doing this. Just... I know that I'm ready for this challenge sir... Never been more ready. Though... I wanna ask... how did YOU know about Kiran? Did you know him back when he was... In a body?" Maple asked intrigued 

• Brohoof 1

"Kiran? Yes, I have known him back then, in fact, most of us who served back then knew him as well. Since we are more of an army that isn't limited by highly trained soldiers only, but also contains mercenaries, survivors, civilians, anyone who wants to bring the fight to our enemies in a more united fashion, i guess we classify ourselves as a massive resistance group rather than an official military at this point, which has always been my style."

"He was known as a rather distant and self-reliant individual, he tried to do everything himself, and would only come to ask for aid when he truly needed it, but even then, the most he would ask was things like equipment, bombs, even time he asked for this type of ammunition that they use in tank cannons."

"Tough as known as he may be, the opinions of others about him where mixed, some would call him a traitor and a selfish renegade for the way he tends to act, choosing logic over someone's emotions if need be, which is not something that has always sit well in situations.    But others would call him a hero, his methods of infiltrating behind enemy lines and infiltrating conversion centres was unmatched to anyone we knew.  The only times he did allow others to join him is if he asked for it specifically, but was very sceptical of the help he would get, rather focusing on someone's role and outstanding attributes in which that person would excel at, rather than someone's character or skill overall, only wanting to work alongside the best."

"Tough at one poin't he got captured, nobody knew how, some say he did it voluntarily to accomplish one of his other crazy plans, but that was around 28 years ago.  His return has good and bad sides to it, he is an excellent individual when it comes to warfare and overall operations in battle.  But the bad side is his overall character, he has a serious hatred againts military command structure, given his past, should he meet up with those he had met before during his military services, you can expect it could come to bloodshed. Well, except for some individuals." Karthspire told her.

"If you are around him, i suggest you stay on his good side, he is  very strong when it comes to the matter of doing things, but he is very weak when it comes to the emotion, because i can bet during his imprisonment he did not manage to stay sane entirely and escape unscathed, that is what i can say about him from what i know." Karthspire told her.

Jack nodded, his skin tingling from the feeling, he was still a bit panicking but it was apparant he was trying with all he had to try and keep it under control.

"Evelyn, could you hold my hand? I need to something to pressure, do you think you could handle that if i?" Jack asked Evelyn, as he needed it to cast away the tensing feeling that was constantly swelling up inside him.

"Yes he's told me about that, however in the terms of what you mentioned with the emotions... I don't really notice what you're talking about. Hehe, I think me and Kiran will get along quite well the way you talk about him Sounds a lot like myself but me... I'm quite a bit worse at controlling my thoughts..." Maple said looking down at herself "I'm lucky I have the greatest people behind me... I can't fail them now." Maple had a lot of resolve in her now, She was ready to fight once again, Her eyes didn't give it off but her tone, and the ways she helps herself did.

Luna continued her work "I'm getting... Somewhere... Just hold on." Luna was doing her best and it was paying off.

Evelyn held out her claw "Go for it. I doubt you could hurt me" She said with a chuckle "You know what... I DARE you to!"

• Brohoof 1

"You have seen one side of him, I guess it will be up to you to judge whether you will like his other side as well, mixed opinions like I said, I personally do think he is a pretty good man, perhaps a bit to self-willed, but nothing that would bother me." Karthspire said as he started lighting a cigar.

"I do see that you are full of determination, so if you feel like doing something, i have a task you could do. We are lacking a bit of patrol around our area, do you think you could fill in for one of those patrols right now? I thought it would be a good idea since you don't really tire because of your machine body, so if you are up for the task, it is up to you." Karthspire asked her.

Jack smiled and started to squeeze Evelyn's claw as hard as he could, while it was taking all his effort, he really wasn't getting close to making it feel tight around her claw, especially since he was already rather exhausted. But her method was working perfectly as Jack was now actively doing something that didn't require much willpower, but rather with focusing his growing tension straight into the squeezing of her claw.

The bullet itself was getting close to coming out, but it would require a bit of a larger opening, which might require making a bigger opening, but it with alot of luck, that might not even be necessary at all, it would all require on luck and concentration.

"Of course. I don't mind Karthspire... Let me know where you need me and I won't mind at all!" Maple was eager to help in any way she could. Plus she wanted a fight she was a pony of war and battle is something she constantly craved.

Windphaser walked up "I'm going with her. I wanna make sure that everything's alright... If you don't mind sir." He said with a salute.

"See kid?" Evelyn said to Jack barely even feeling his grip. "This is practically nothing to me." She said with a chuckle as she stood there, Worried but she was trying to stay positive trying to cheer up the others in vein.

Luna was focusing on trying to get the bullet out, she stopped "I... I can't get it out of that hole..." She sounded upset, and defeated "I'm sorry Jack...

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

"Of course, having 4 eyes is better than 2." Karthspire said with a nod to both Maple and Windphaser.

"If you 2 could patrol around the south side of this rock, we can't be to careful now."

"Tough I might suggest you are careful with using up too much of your energy when the sun rises we are moving again, and you will be needing all your energy when you start leading that group." Karthspire gave Windphaser a fast reminder since he knew how stressful leading could be when you were tired.

Jack laughed a bit, as well as his grip on her claw, was loosening until he let it go.

He then heard what was Luna saying, and he had a bit of a worried look on his face, but not because she couldn't get the bullet out.

"Luna... I know you want to do this for me, but why haven't you asked if Celestia helped you? If the 2 of you work together it should go easily. If you are feeling bad because you couldn't do it alone, don't be, because i don't judge you on what you are capable of, but who you are, you are my mother, how could i think bad of you?" Jack told Luna with a smile.

"We are going to get this solved.."

He then turned his head.

"Could get anyone Celestia real quick? I would normally do it myself but I am not really in a position of doing it right now.." He said

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Maple left the two to prepare her gear she needed just some basic stuff and ammo for her back-mounted machine gun.

"Of course. I'm aware of that Karthspire." Windphaser added planting his sword into the ground. "I'm also aware Ms. Maple here cannot tire as well so I'm simply to assist her rather than be the main force here but I needed some time to examine her style... I may need her on my team since we'll need those with a lot of talent. I'm sure you understand what I mean... I also do want to be sure she's safe out there too."

Luna stood up "I'm... Really sorry Jack... I thought this would be something I could handle... I'll go find Celestia and bring her back here... You just relax for a bit... I'd hate for that to go back down into you and me start over again." Luna hurried outside and went to find Celestia she did after a bit. "Sister..." Luna chocked on her own words she was going to say to her. She'd nevre liked asking for help... especially from Celestia...

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

"I can understand your intention, but it doesn't work out well that way, Maple had specifically asked me to be placed in the second group, she still has that personal thing regarding that Warmachine and all, it wouldn't be fair of me to put her into another group now, I would be taking away her motivation like that, which is a bad thing to do. But.. if you really feel like you must have her in your group, it might be best if you ask her first, i am not really fond of the thing myself since then we won't have her type of durability, which is crucial in the second group.  That is all i can say on this matter Windphaser, i tend to stimulate others to fight for a good cause." Karthspire told him.

"I am sorry that i cannot talk any further, i have much to discuss with others now, we need to prepare alot in such a short amount of time, i think you can understand what is at risk tomorrow, so I cannot make any mistakes. Just start the patrol whenever you feel like." Karthspire said to him, he then went over to talk with some of the other individual soldiers, asking what groups they would like to be placed.

Jack looked at Luna heading towards Celestia.

"Evelyn, please be honest here, do you think i will be okay? At sunrise things are going to be very dangerous, not to mention i am not even sure how everything will be handled. Because i know i won't get really far with the state i am in right now..." Jack asked her.

"Oh... Yea that makes sense..." Windphaser said with a nod "Yea I understand. Don't worry. I'll figure other things out. But I do desire to see her fight... I wanna know for future use.. You know?" Windphaser said with a bit of an upset sigh. He put his sword away. Bowing to Karthspire and leaving him as he was thinking how to rework his tactics now that he didn't have her. Windphaser could use the troops but Maple was a backbone. She had a lot of skill and it was a lot lost to his group

Celesita smiled "Don't worry I understand... Lead me to what's happening and I'll do what I can." After that Luna Lead the way to where Jack was when Celestia walked in she looked at Jack. "Very well... I'll see what I can do..." Celestia examined his body with magic... It felt tingly.

"Of course I do... You're super strong!" Evelyn said with a soft smile trying to calm him down "I mean... You've made it this far."

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

"You worry too much, have some more trust in us because I am going to be highly disappointed if you are only going to focus on what she can do and leave me to be forgotten, I am your partner in duty, am I not?" A voice said behind Windphaser, which sounded a little disappointed but also a bit optimistic.

Behind Windphaser sat an elegant Raukan, having a light orange fur and with light green eyes. She was wearing a bandolier, as well as some sort of necklace around her neck.

"The name is Therisha, I have heard you where part Raukan yourself, and since we are going to be partners, I can guess it is only proper we introduce ourselves? Nice to meet your Acquaintance, Desert Warrior Windphaser." She said as she walked over to him and offered a handshake

Jack smiled at Evelyn's answer.

"I guess you do have a point there, luck would never have been enough to have me make it this far."

He, however, flinched a bit when he felt Celestia's magic without expecting it beforehand as he hadn't heard her approach, but it didn't bother him.

"Wouldn't it perhaps be best if Celestia does the part with getting out the bullet while Luna does the part of using her magic to make sure my body won't react badly to the procedure? I know that i suffered a bit of a shock when we tried it before." Jack suggested but he then also remembered something.   

"Could i also perhaps squeeze your claw again? it did work good last time." He asked Evelyn.

"Tough i admit it does feel weird that i end up planning this yet i am the one that is wounded and needs to be patched up, i guess that is what i am good?" Jack said silently to himself with a chuckle. 

"Just call me Wind... Or Windphaser... No need for the formal title." He held out his hoof to Therisha "Mind me asking... What kinda gear do you plan on using when we move out? I need to strategize..." The half-Raukan pony examined the Full-Blooded, Raukan careful studying their build just wondering how they prefer to fight.

Celestia and Luna both nodded in agreement with him "Don't worry... I'll make sure I make it as painless as I can." Celestia told him relaxed and she nodded to Luna.

"Yes, This shouldn't hurt as much as me doing it alone..." Luna cast a spell on him, as the spell enveloped him he felt relief wash over him it was just the magic she was using to help him.

Evelyn chuckled "Sure think Jack" She smiled when he chuckled, even in pain he made light of the situation

• Brohoof 1