Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

"Thanks, guys, I guess I have been doing these things beyond my own realisation, I am not one who likes to brag out his accomplishments." Jack said with a smile.

'Do not worry, I am aware it is going to take time, but bit by bit, you could get over your fear, and even if you wouldn't get rid of it completely, we might at least be able to reduce it.

It all comes down to a combination of athletic practice and calming/muscle practice, which involves the calming of the mind, it might sound insufficient in words, but you are gonna be surprised by the outcome after we have done these practices a couple of times, the change is subtle and sometimes goes beyond your knowing, but it will be there.' Jack thought to her.

"I and Evelyn will be off training, tomorrow is going to be important." Jack said to everyone.

"Shall we?" Jack asked Evelyn.

• Brohoof 1

Luna relaxed "Woody. I know you aren't going but I think we should get some sleep."

Woody happed to yawn just before she said that "Yea... Sounds like the best Idea... Maple are you coming?"

This particular happening had occurred more than once before "Sure Bro." Even though Maple didn't need sleep it didn't mean she couldn't get something like it, but in this case Maple was doing it to comfort Woody.

The young dragonequus was such a talented spell caster because he has such Raw emotions which fuel his magic Maple needed to do certain things to keep said emotions in check. "Thanks, Maple!" He said to his sister.

"Lets go!" Evelyn said smiling a bit awkwardly knowing what they were about to do.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

"Alright, we first need to loosen your muscles before we can do the next step, we can do these multiple ways but I think the one you will most enjoy is acrobatic flight tricks, if you have any in mind, feel free to do so, what matters the most, in the end, is that your muscles will be loose enough so we can do the next step." Jack instructed her.

• Brohoof 1

Evelyn nodded and flew into the air Doing a few maneuvers, Loops, Spins and a few other simple moves as Jack instructed. After a few minutes Evelyn landed gently on the ground. "Alright. What do we do next..." Evelyn wasn't sure about this, She was trying not to think about the fear she'd have when she faced it again. Rather just focusing on something else. She thought about Woody and Maple and how well they get along, as well as the 'Royal Sisters'. It was helping her calm down a bit actually.

• Brohoof 1

He noticed Evelyn on trying to think to about something, and he realised what she was doing in a sense.

"I notice you are trying to divert your thoughts, a good method. But let me help you here, you seem like a person who has alot of determination, remember your fights in that tournament? I saw it there, which means you need a strong purpose and goal, so you can focus all of that determination and thoughts on that to draw strength and stand against your fear, what is your biggest wish, what do you feel like is the most important thing you have to do as of recently?" Jack asked her.

• Brohoof 1

Evelyn snapped out of thought "Well to me the most important thing for me to do recently is make sure you're ok. But as for my own dream..." She looked up into the stars "Well... you know that story right? The one about the weapon guarded by the spirit of the strongest of my kind... Well... I don't really care about the weapon but... I want to be as strong as them... Not to slay all the evils or anything like that but with the return of someone like that... We could reunite the Venomarians... Maybe even fix the planet. Nah that's going to far but you get my point." Evelyn set Jack down with her wings and laid on the ground on her back. "What about you."

• Brohoof 1

"Actually, despite not being able to fix the planet, reuniting the Vernomians is not an impossible thing to do if the most current disaster in the galaxy has been removed, from what I have seen Karthspire already has made significant progress in a way, he managed to save many lives of Vernomians and give them shelter. And your wish of becoming as strong of them is possible, but with standard means, someone's body will eventually reach its limit, and from what I am aware of, Uriel, Alenwe and Habriel had a big advantage over others because they were 3 beings separated from one godly person, this caused them to be born with crazy feats, but at same time, this allowed them to found the 3 races that are so well known." Jack said.

"There is one known way to reach a level similar to theirs, by becoming a student of one of them. Tough as of late this is pretty hard, Elenwe is dead, Uriel has transcended into a new being when he merged with the Vernomian ancient leader, tough becoming a student of him could be possible, and Habriel has been missing for thousands of years. But it is possible to still, Aliah is the example of this, he used to be just like us, but by unknown methods, he had reached the heights of unimaginable power. If there is anyone who could be a teacher to reach such powers, it is him, my father always to tell me that." He explained.

"But for me, it is following in my father's footsteps, he used to be a planetary ambassador and teacher, but I think made me idolize him the most his look at the way of life, he loved it in a way where he would not even hurt a butterfly, yet be able to defeat the dangers that threaten our very existance, his calm minded nature was what many knew him by. My dream would be to keep his legacy intact, and make sure all his work won't be forgotten, he was truly a hero, his visions have saved many lives, the most notable one with the vision of Valtrek's return if only most would have listened to him." Jack said as he looked up to the stars.

• Brohoof 1

"I know a lot about him already he was a legend after all. Still, you asked and that was it..." Evelyn said looking away from him "You didn't have to shoot it down like that you know. I know I wasn't born some godly being but I know I can be as strong as them. No matter how long it takes this is what I'm going to do no one, not even the 3 themselves are going to stop me from that. I don't need to learn from them I just need to keep doing what I have been, I am as strong as that... Ember, you call her, and she's the strongest dragon I've encountered yet... But I know I've got a long way to go before any respects me for more than just a soldier."

• Brohoof 1

"It is not someone's status that makes them strong whether it's being referred to a worshipped being or being born with unnatural advantages, it is someone's determination and devotion that makes them strong, and you have plenty of that." Jack said.

"Sometimes its best to-" he then, however, so decided to cut off his own sentence, thinking he wouldn't really be helping that way

Jack then was just silent, he just did not expect her sudden reaction

"I don't really think my opinion really matters at this point." He stated

"Well... You made it sound like I have to be near one of those godly figures to even dream of being as strong as them..." Evelyn sighed. "You, however, seem to have changed that thought... Still I can't achive my dream how I am now... I still need your help Jack... You know... To get over this fear of those strains... Sorry for snapping at you like that. Shows how professional I am..."

• Brohoof 1

"You are going to get far, I know you will. But I am going to help you get over your fear, but it is like I said, it is going to take time, and we would need to do these sessions regularly in order to make it work in the end." Jack said.

He then just couldn't really hide it any longer after those words.

"I am just... afraid, I am afraid of what is to come, having to await of my sister's fate, and being in constant suspense in the thoughts of my oldest friend being dead because I did not come to him sooner, and most of all, I am starting to lose myself to uncertainty, clinging to what remains of myself, not knowing if I should be like this or rather an automaton.."

Jack then started sobbing loudly on the ground.

Evelyn let Jack cry for a minute, It's what he needed right now after a little bit of that she put her talons on his head. "Don't worry Jack. Whatever the fate of your sister is... you can surpass it. If she's ok then That's awesome if she is. If... She isn't... Well then you need to avenge her don't give up and feel bad or mope and what not. Just keep going it's what she'd want after all." She smiled to him softly.

• Brohoof 1

"You are right, it is what she wanted, I must keep going." Jack said.

He seemed to have calmed down a bit, but he was still a bit shaken.

"This might be an absurd question but... Is it ok if I sleep with you tonight? I just feel bad, and tomorrow it is going to be hard." Jack asked

• Brohoof 1

"W... Well I mean I figured you'd want to sleep with your mom, Luna..." Evelyn said a bit nervous "Well... I mean I guess that's ok but if Luna gets mad it was you're idea."

Maple was laying down near Woody just watching over him. "Curse this body... I miss my old one..."

• Brohoof 1

"She wouldn't be mad, quite the contrary, all she cares about is that I am safe, and you have proven you are very capable of protecting me, from what I can remember Luna was almost unpersuasive when it came to someone else watching me, but with you she had not even a single doubt, especially after that tournament." Jack said with a smile.

"Besides, technically I do sleep with her at the same time in a sense, she is capable of visiting dreams of others, and she visits mine almost constantly. If by some very tiny chance she would get angry, i take full blame, i am the one who asked after all." He mentioned.

• Brohoof 1

"Yea you're right she's not gonna get mad. Though had a been probably anyone else... Well maybe also excluding Maple, She'd probably get mad," Evelyn theorized "But I am me so we don't have to worry about Luna." Interesting that SHe can dreamwalk while alseep... figured that needed you to be awake. She thought to herself. Not that it matters.

• Brohoof 1

"She only tends to get mad when it involves certain things happening with me. When Karthspire mentioned me going to into battle, Luna became angry, as in she was scolding him and giving him a deadly glare. It is a unique feeling, having a mother that actually stands up to defend me like that, my previous mother would rather kidnap me and experiment with DNA of different strains on me, only to kill me when i would become disposable." Jack said as he sat down.

Evelyn got up from laying on the ground. "Well, I'm glad you don't blame her for wanting to keep you safe..." She paused for a second "About what you said you were dreaming of... I could see that already in you but... Well, I mean since we're talking about things that we need to overcome... You need to have more faith in others not just to protect themselves but to help you as well... Seems like you feel you have to get everything done personally but that's not the case... Level with me... Do you really want to go on this mission? Or are you too scared about what happened to your sister and THAT is the reason you're going... to find out..." Evelyn didn't move much as she spoke genuinely meaning each word she said looking him in the eyes but not judgmentally.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was silent for a moment, but he had a worried look in his eyes.

"It is the second reason, I may volunteer for missions but I do not enjoy them, i...." It took Jack alot of effort to get the following words out of his mouth.

"I am afraid of what is going to happen to her... If she hasn't transformed yet she eventually will, and when that happens... My mentor told I would have to shoot her... Because when she does turn, she is no more, the creature will take full control, while she suffers for eternally, and i could never forgive myself i would let her suffer from such a fate, i had almost happened it to myself before. She wouldn't even die in such a transformation but instead be stuck, being suffocated in a bloated mess of flesh..." Jack almost threw up from having to tell those last details.

"No one deserves such a fate... But... I don't think I could bear to see her die either, she is family, but I can't let her suffer either..." He said with an enormous amount of worry and dread.

"Everyone would see me as a renegade and a merciless killer..."

"Then don't go... You don't have to be the one to do it. It can be someone else. I'm sure Maple would do it if she knew there was no bringing her back." Evelyn booped him in the nose. "That said If you still want to go I have no objections but I say this because I care for your safety and don't want you going into a fight because you think you have to." She smiled to him

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Jack smiled a bit as he suddenly got booped him on the nose.

"At one side it would be nice if somebody else did it but... It would just leave this bad feeling in me, it is similar to how Woody wanted to save his mom, In act of doing this, When I end up saving her, it will a reunion, but if she ends up dying... It will be a final goodbye, I would much rather be there when she goes then sit on the sidelines and hear the news afterwards. Thing is, before i never knew she existed, until during my imprisonment when i found out about her 2 years ago. I had disbanded my previous family name in order to become part of Luna's family, and it would just be unfair of me to not pay respects to my sister." Jack said.

"But i appreciate what you are saying, i really mean it. Do you perhaps want to go for a flight? I think we should get our minds off these things and enjoy the moment." Jack said with a smile.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"That... Does make a lot of sense... I guess you have your reasons... But if you get hurt I'm taking you out ok?" Evelyn's question was rhetorical it was up to her if they were fighting or not anyways. "Yea... We can go for a flight. Get on up there." She said moving her wings to assist him in getting in the saddle. "Whenever you're ready!"

• Brohoof 1

Jack gave her a fast both to both questions.

"Don't worry, I am alright with that." Jack said.

He then looked a bit around to the night sky as he had climbed on the saddle.

"It sure does look good during the night, and it also is a good thing that we are both able to see in the dark." Jack said with a smile.

"I am ready!" He said.

Evelyn took off rather quickly. After a small bit of flying Evelyn yawned. "Sorry still pretty tired you did wake me up in the middle of my sleep." Evelyn chucked "It's fine though I'm supposed to be there when you need me. No matter what. You like flying don't you?" She asked sarcastically to a degree "Too bad you can't do it on your own."

• Brohoof 1

"I do like it alot, and yeah, it is a shame i can't do it on my own. But at the same time, it wouldn't really matter much since my instincts and senses would not be in sync with my movements, it would cause me to crash into everything." Jack said with a smile.

"I guess it does make sense since i always used to climb the highest buildings and do crazy things, sometimes i need to get a certain amount of adrenaline before my body is statisfied, i wouldn't do it at those moments i would grow restless." Jack explained.