Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

Luna looked half-hearted half broken at Karthspire "That's not the way I feel we should do it... But since you seem to know him better than I do."

Maple declined further. "Ever since I messed up... I... All I wanted was to fix every mistake without Jacks involvement but he just..." Maple paused when Evelyn stood, chest out in a sort of intimidating or commanding pose.

"As much as I'd love to agree with you sir... there are a number of reasons why I don't," Evelyn said angrily "Firstly I delved a few times into Jacks mind... Trying to understand these ponies a bit better. Maple has done some really stupid things... But even so, She still did it all not just for herself, her brother or even our home. Maple did those things because she was trying to fix her mistakes to try to make Jack not feel as bad. Secondly, Maple didn't cause that attack until that... Word was mentioned and she didn't even say it. Lastly, I'm tired of that, 'He was in the demon realm' crap." Evelyn slammed her front legs down "If this was as bad of a problem as you say it is then he wouldn't be in combat WHERE HE COULD BE PULLED BACK INTO IT. So you've got a choice... Pull Jack out of combat or I kill him before he kills himself! Because let me tell you that's the only result of any more conflict! Don't move... Only speak."

Luna and Celestia where speechless, in fact they just had no idea how to react and waht to say. Luna redied a bit "Don't touch him..."

Maple even looked at her with a rather scared look confused on why she would do that... Her task was to keep Jack safe but now she was the threat.

The door opened quietly. Fests saw Jack in quite a bad condition. He quickly took him out of the room while everyone's attention was on Evelyn "Are you ok?" He said setting him down looking him in the eyes.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Karthspire looked at her with a serious expression, but from the inside, he couldn't help but feel pride at her sudden behaviour.

"Alright, you got my attention. I do admit, my last part was the wrong call, something I said in a blind confidence, however..." Karthspire suddenly started walking up to Evelyn, challenging her intimidation.

"There is something you are forgetting, how will Jack respond to this? Will you prevent him from going to Cyril? If you do that, he will leave all of you and never come back, not only would he be forced to leave behind those who he used to live with, their people who gave up their lives so he could live on, Do you want to know what will happen to him? He will fight, attacking place after place without rest, on a never-ending quest of Vendetta. If you don't believe me, you could go ahead and ask his mentor, because this very fate thing has happened to himself. Do you want that to happen to Jack? I allow him to fight because he will never find balance otherwise, it is a ying-yang effect, one side wants to fight and the other side wants peace. And even when he does fight, do you really believe i would send him on the front lines facing off against our enemies like a war veteran? No, neither would i do that to those who can't or don't want it, i don't force him to fight, i *give* him a choice on whether he wants to fight or not." Karthspire said looking her deep in the eyes.

"Don't forget, he used to fight in his very childhood, surviving against all odds, he may want to live in peace in the end, but on his personality there is a burning desire to make a change, to fight for our very survival, at heart he is a resistance fighter, and he claims himself to be one, you can tell him things he can't do, but you can never change someone's feelings at heart." He said.

Jack, however, was unable to speak, only some mutterings, but he seemed to getting close of waking up, as he was steering alot.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

Luna intervened "Why... That's not a yin and yang! If he just goes and Fight and Fights He'll never get peace like that. He needs to learn that he can do more than just fight. I agree with Evelyn here... He needs to be kept safe for now at least... This is his sister... and if she's threatened he's gonna do something drastic... It's just a risk we can't take."

Maple stood up quickly she knew she had to say something here"Princess... You trained me to have my own feelings and I can't let you keep Jack away from the fight!... Karthspire is right here. This is his fight! Not ours! Let him save his sister then we can chat about keeping him safe... Keeping us from him isn't going to help his emotions but keeping him away from this fight will break him!" Maple looked

Evelyn instantly objected "NO! It'll break him more when he finds out what happened to her!"

Maple snapped back instantly "We don't even know what happened to her!"

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

"I think what would be a good idea for us to wait for Jack to wake up, we might get a better conclusion what is the right decision if we hear his own say in this, granted that there is the chance he will say something we won't approve off, it will give us a better insight on what he makes of the situation." Karthspire proposed.

"I think that might be the best solution because things are still rather tense, with our coming mission." He mentioned.

-----------------------------------------------

It was about 5 minutes later that Jack woke up, he had a surprised look in his face when he had been expecting Evelyn or Maple, but instead saw Festus, someone who he had wanted to see since a pretty long time.

"Festus? Is it really you? Am i not dreaming?" Jack asked, a bit confused about regaining control of his body again.

• Brohoof 1

Maple smiled "Yea. That sounds the best... I mean why should we get the final say in the matter." 

Evelyn also smiled "Yea... Leaving it to him... But... Nah nevermind... I just hope he's ok..."

------------------------------------------

Festus hugged him with slight tears in his eyes. "Oh thank goodness." He said "I thought you died... I thought... Oh..." He was practically speechless he was so happy

• Brohoof 1

"Alot of things seem to happen to me, but i am alright, or at least i think, i don't know how this happened in the first place." Jack said.

"I am really glad to see you to, i missed seeing you and Ember." Jack said as he hugged him back.

• Brohoof 1

"Sorry training been really, really hard. Ember wants to make me her heir to the dragon throne and I need to be a lot more skilled for that... But I'm glad to see you too! It's been a long time hasn't it... Do I look any stronger?" Festus didn't look much different besides his scales turned a brighter bronze than before

• Brohoof 1

"You have a pretty strong change in appearance, your scales are brighter than before, but I think you really have become alot stronger! You know, could i perhaps train with guys sometime? I really need to get physically stronger again." Jack asked him with a smile.

• Brohoof 1

"Yea you can one time! I'll talk to... Oh hey, I've got a team attack for us if you wanna go try it out but you do need to use a heavier weapon for it... The new sword I wield is good for it!" He smiled at Jack. "You wanna go try it now? Or are you busy with... Whatever in there?"

• Brohoof 1

"Actually, we could try it now if you want, it sounds pretty cool! Tough I first have to great them, they must be worried sick about me." Jack said to Festus.

He stood up and walked to the others who were in the discussion.

"Hey everyone, what is up?" Jack asked with a smile to everyone.

• Brohoof 1

"Alright, I'll go in too." Festus said as ge followed him in.

The tension in the room could be felt... Hay, It could probably cut with a knife. Despite that Maple smiled to Jack, "Jack... Do you... Want to go to the center later...

"It's not going to be pleasant... Danger around every corner..." Evelyn added. "Very good chance of you dying... and never seeing your sister again..."

• Brohoof 1

Jack smile faltered as he saw the tensity in the room, but he did not exactly know why they where so tense, even the questions of Evelyn and Maple did not really give it away for him.

"Well, I have to go, if I don't then I will never find out, and when she goes... I want to be there, because if i don't want kind of brother would i be? If i can be a better brother then i was before everything happened, then i must take that chance." Jack said.

"Besides, I will have to go to Cyril eventually, that is going to be alot more dangerous than this, alot." Jack added, trying to be reassuring, but didn't really did a good job there.

• Brohoof 1

Maple took a deep breath and appalled at what she was about to say. "I've been doing some thinking Jack... About Cyril... Luna, Evelyn and I have been really talking about it... And while we may not like telling you this and you may not like it as well... The center is a good idea... but..."

"Son... I just don't think you should go to Cyril... You've been in so much peril it's been affecting your mind... You say it's because of your years in the... other realm... but I simply don't believe it anymore... 3 breakdowns in less than a week... and before hoof you were perfectly fine... Then you got taken... and now... You're just not the same..."

Evelyn didn't look like she truly believed that but She didn't say anything. Nor did she try to hide her thought.

Festus looked at them "Why not? It's dangerous sure but we can help him..."

Luna glanced at the dragon "It is much bigger than you think..." She said to him "Let the adults talk here... Jack needs to make a choice..."

Festus snapped "Oh really! I've grown much closer to him as a friend than you have as a mother! What would you know!" Festus Grabbed jack by the arm and dragged him out of the room. Muttering to himself "Stupid adults... Thinking they know what they're talking about all the time..."

Maple was stunned for a second then she and Luna both followed Festus out into the hall Maple shouted at him "What are you doing!"

"Taking him seriously... Something none of you can do properly..." Festus roared, a small puff of fire coming from his breath.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

'HAH! This one gets it!' The voice said, referring to Festus.

'And then Luna's claim about the daemon realm, that is one is going to bite her back hard soon, very very hard. But she is partly right, you are not the same anymore, you are starting to become one of us, even Karthspire cannot help but smile behind that poker face of him. This a good step Jack, This is the first step to uncovering who you really are.' The voice said.

Jack was not saying anything back to Luna and Maple, he was only giving them a short stare that clearly said *You disappointed me*

He let Festus drag him along, he was glad he was there for him, Festus was someone that had always believed him.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

After a while, Maple and Luna both stopped following. Mostly because they felt like Jack didn't want to see them. "Well, Luna... We really messed up this time... We tend to do that a lot huh?"

"Yes... Maybe it;s best we give him some space." Luna replied to her. "That does mean he's going to Cyril... we can try this again after Cyril but he DOES have every right to go there..." Luna turned back into the room with Evelyn and the others "He's going to Cyril... That said... So will Maple and I, at least will be too. As for you, sister, You probably need to go home... Equestria is fine with just you there but I'm not sure how good Cadence is doing as a leader."

"No... I lost you once." Celestia said to her "I'm not letting you get stranded on another planet again. I'm going... I'm sure cadence can handle the situation back in Equestria. I have more important things to look after than my kingdom."

------------------------

"UGH! WHY DO ADULTS THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING!" Festus Roared loudly once He and Jack were in the Room Festus was staying in, by himself, "I'd like for once adults to even CONSIDER my opinion and not only that but to know YOU can fight... THEY CAN FIGHT! AND VALTREK'S NOT JUST GONNA BE LIKE 'Welp Jack's not fighting anymore. Best forget all my plans and not go after him again.' NO THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN JUST MAKES YOU AN EASY TARGET." If Festus was a fully grown dragon then he would've probably burned the whole room down in his anger

• Brohoof 1

Jack recoiled a bit back, but it was not because of fear, it was because of admiration.

He waited a bit until he had calmed down

"You speak the very truth here Festus, It is something I have been wanting to tell everyone for a long time, but I could never find the words." Jack said.

"Even with their entire discussion going, I am still going to save my sister, I need to get stronger, stronger then I was ever before."

"Shall we perhaps meet up with Ember? I was hoping we could still train some more, we still got plenty of time left before we end up going." Jack asked.

• Brohoof 1

"Why bother... Ember probably thinks the same thing... It really does seem like everyone wants to see you, ya know, not in combat. It's so... stupid... Why do they feel they can make OUR choices for us... Actually..." HE picked up his gear that he had set down by the door. "Ember is a bit more reasonable, which is why I like her as a leader, She leads more as a hero than an adult. Let's go!" He held the door open for him jack

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"There is no one more reasonable then Ember when it comes to this Festus, From what I know she encourages people to get stronger, isn't that how she encouraged you to get stronger? Anyway, I always seem to be comfortable around you and Ember in general, especially in the battlefield, you remember that time when we were trying to escape that slave center? The 3 of us were working together perfectly." Jack said with a smile.

"But you are right with the *everyone doesn't want me to see in combat* part, I think it has to do because of my overall status, it all has to do with my father and my bloodline, something that i personally just don't like in general, some may absolutely love all the attention, but for me it only serves as a liability, since lots of individuals want to capture me, and either hold me for ransom or use my powers as a tool for progression." He said.

"Come think of it... I haven't heard anything about my old mother, I know for a fact she would not waste any more time in Equestria since I was the only real reason she came there in the first place, i do remember tough how Ember managed to hold her own against one of the most experienced and deadly assassin's to ever exist. If we compare our entire group, Ember is the only one who seems to be capable of defeating her, Ember just seems to have a special sense against these type of opponents, and then for the fact that those with 4 legs just aren't capable of producing enough flexibility when it comes to the attack phase that my mother uses, it's just to darn fast. Or at least i think, i mean, with 4 legs you would have to constantly change your rotation of your body against such a fast and dodging opponent, what i always like think is that quadruples have a more stable stance but Bipeds have a better flexibility, when you start take to take these things into account when working in a varied team, you can take advantage of one's body build in order to get an good advantage againts your opponent, i think that is pretty overlooked by many if i have to admit, but then again... I am looking way to deep into this.." Jack said to Festus as they where walking.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 1

" I personally thought it was because your youth but they seem to have no problem with me fighting it's just you... I think you hit the nail right on the head." Festus sighed "Well whatever... I think they need to involve you in a conversation rather than just drop an important choice on you... Ugh that's why I don't like those equestrians sometimes they talk about friendship and all that but look at the way they treat you... You should just TELL THEM these things. Feelings will get hurt but in the long run, it will be so worth it to you..."

• Brohoof 1

"I wish it where so easy for me Festus, I have already tried to tell them things countless of times, the only way I sometimes can get a proper point across is that I have to explode in their faces with anger before they stop questioning me, but even then they question the legitimacy like I am some sort of convict... But you want to know the even worse part? They don't admire or even care for anything that isn't their own culture or origin, you would not even hear anyone of them say things like, *We could learn something from them!* or *Please teach us something!*."

"I admire their culture and devotion to a great length, but do you know how they respond when I tell them about my culture? They look at me like I am sort of crazy person, those very reactions make it clear that they think insignificant to anyone who isn't from Equestria, they might deny it, because they don't want to be confronted with the fact that they are not so *friendship* dedicated as they make out to be, I am pretty sure that friendship involves not looking down upon the other person, but they sure are doing a bad job considering from their reactions.." Jack said, his emotion reaching a similar state to how Festus was a few minutes ago.

"I even heard Luna whine about how they the pony race is being underestimated and considered not strong enough, well..." Jack said

His anger started to rise even further.

"MABY THEY WOULDN'T BE UNDERESTIMATED IF THEY EVEN BOTHERED TO SHOW US ANY ADMIRATION BACK, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO JUSTIFY EVERY MISTAKE THEY MAKE, DO THEY THINK THEY ARE SOME SORT OF MASTER RACE?! WE ADMITTED OUR MISTAKES AND PAID THE PRICE, YET THEY DARE TO DISAPPROVE OF THE THINGS WE DO, WHILE THEY LET THEIR OWN PEOPLE DIE BECAUSE THEY THINK THEIR OWN SOLUTIONS ARE SUPERIOR WHILE ALL THE OTHER SOLUTIONS THEY DON'T LIKE ARE TABOO!!" Jack roared with an immense build up anger, Festus knew he was referring to the ponies, but it was also obvious that Jack was venting out his anger, something that has been bothering him for very long.

"I have tried everything to help them, warn them, make sure they would live on, and yet... They presume I would want to live among them while they don't even care about all the lives that are being destroyed while they still have a proper world. I mourn their deaths, and yet these ponies don't even seem to care about the billions of lives that are being murdered from not only my race but every other race out there, if they did care, they would show grief, they would show sadness, but NO! They are like *Just let them die, we don't even know them*. And of course telling them this would be useless since they would once again try to defend themselves. As long as it doesn't include them, they have the AUDACITY to look down at others and judge them!!" Jack roared as he slammed both his fist straight into the stone pavement, it caused a small crack, but it caused his hands to bleed terribly.

He sat there on the ground looking down, tears dropping on the ground.

• Brohoof 1

"O... K." Festus said Putting his arms on his shoulders. "I know that some of them are bad but... They... Aren't like that for the most part... They do care. That's why Maple, Luna, Woody, and Windphaser are all here. To help us fix the problem, not only that but Woody got half-blinded and refused to go home to be here. Maple and Woody are going to Cyril with you as am I. Ember hasn't been doing anything to you... good or bad... But she probably should've hung around you more but I digress here..." He was one of his claws. "Everyone makes mistakes but the equestrians MIGHT think they're right even they aren't but that's a general thing..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evelyn also put her word in without saying anything where she was 'Actually jack both Luna and Celestia have acknowledged their problems as well I asked them about these things myself. Luna and how she's overprotective and Celestia with her lack of take-charge attitude both of them. Something else the meeting resumed you aren't the topic anymore and Maple wants to apologize so I'd stay where you are if you want it. If not then just start walking again.'

• Brohoof 1

Jack looked at the ground still.

"Perhaps I went too far there.. But what they said.. I told them things, they keep telling about their things, their memories, their loved ones, i even MOURNED for them. But what do i get in return? I tell them about my things, my past, the ones i loved, but how do they respond? They give me these empty stares and try to avoid the subject altogether, like I am not word it, like anything i tell about it is not even relevant, where is their morality? Are they devoid of it? Countless out there are dying, yet they have not yet shed a single tear for anyone who is not part of our current group, what if one of my friends were to die? They would not care, they wouldn't even mourn, that is the problem, how can they be so cold? That is one thing i will never understand." Jack said with a mix of anger and sadness.

"Even some of the coldest killers in my race are capable of mourning, feeling sadness, and they are alot more brutal than these ponies, so why... Or is everyone going to avoid this subject altogether as well? Because I have the feeling that will the case when no one dares to admit it.."

"Next time when my sister ends up dying, they will be acting again like it is not even bad in the slighest, like they always do... Unless it is someone among us that is dead... I wan't an answer for this.. If they won't answer it... I will never speak to them again, i swear it upon my life, because i CARE about the living." Jack said

But to Evelyn's question, he did not move, but he was still throbbing with anger, not as much as before, but it was still there....

• Brohoof 1

"I know they look bad but they care... They really do care... I know because a pony did save my life once or twice on this adventure here. You have been saved too plus many others. Though I see your suspicion I mean... Yea... Woody and Maple, they could be expressing more concern about Fluttershy... that's their mother after all... Woody was ready to get himself killed to save your sister ya know... Maple talked him out of it for his own safety..."

"Hey Jack..." Maple said as she approached she heard what he said and had a sad look her ears perked down, and her eyes not focused on him... Festus growled ar her as she did "I know now isn't the best time to talk about it.... but you were right. We don't care about anyone else... I'm sorry... I wanted to fulfill my promise to Luna... I was... I was going about it wrong though... I need to want to protect everyone the way I want to protect my homeland... You were right... Now please... Get angry since you were right this whole time and I just pushed it all away... Please... I don't want your mercy."

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

Jack said nothing for a few moments until he then responded.

"You finally told the thing that I have been wanting to hear for 5 months Maple... I respect you for that, I really do." Jack said, not looking at her.

"But I don't have a reason to lash out at you, I now know the truth. For all this time I thought there was a hope, that there would be at least one planet where it at least care for others, to see the light and do what is right, but I realise that Equestria doesn't care for the outside races, but does so that it will remain standing in the end while everyone else perished.. You don't know how much it hurts to feel so betrayed, for months I tought all of you actually cared at first, but my suspicions were getting truer as the time went on..."

"Do you know what is the worst part Maple? Many of us are still fighting to this very day, instead of all trying to flee and hide among the further sectors, we instead decided to remain ad stand our ground, buying time at the same time so many other races could evacuate while we had to pay the price because others did not care for us. And now it is this all over again." Jack said, he was talking a rather cold but calm tone at the same time, which gave a disturbing edge to it.

He then looked at Maple, his face revealing a mixture of sorrow and a scowl.

"How can I live among those who will happily leave my own race to rot and die like that? I can't, you want to know why I sometimes discard my death as nothing? Because then I will meet those who at least do care, those who I truly felt at home with, i would be with them again... That is what means to be one of us, many may look down upon us... but if there is one thing we take in stride, it is that we will all die with our honour intact."

He then suddenly stood up.

"I am leaving, i am going to handle things my own way from now on, like i have always done, atleast my mentor was the one who spurred me on to fight on, the very person that some of you accused, i won't forget those accusations, because i am the only friend he has got." Jack said, giving Maple one final glance, before walking away.

"So... that's it?" Ember interrupted angrily walking in between him and was he was going... "Well, Ya know what. I don't appreciate 'Touchy Feely' stuff! I'll tell you what you need to do!" She said pointing her sword at Jack. "First off stop moping, it's not good for anything and you ARE NOT Leaving THAT IS FINAL, We're trying our best here but Karthspire won't let us leave to defend this place from the impending DOOM upon this place so we are not selfish... Just following orders... Not only that but Maple here decided your sister was more important than her mother! AND YOU SECONDLY TELL us what to do, Don't ask you need to assert yourself if you want us to get better. If someone acts tough YOU ACT TOUGHER! I know that's hard but you want to be heard? THEN MAKE THEM LISTEN!" She then turns to Maple "AND YOU BETTER LISTEN TO HIM HE KNOWS WAY MORE ABOUT OTHER'S PROBLEMS THAN WE DO. I SHOULD'VE SAID THIS LONG AGO TO ALL OF YOU PONIES... AND YOU ALL CALL DRAGONS GREEDY!"

Luna stepped around the corner "We ponies are trying and now that I know that... I'm going to make sure we do better from here... But right now Jack we have a goal... don't abandon your sister because of our mistakes... AT least let us help you save her... Then we'll let you go off on your own if you still want... But what you told me... Back in Equestria was that you wanted a family right? Well, Family helps each other through problems... No matter what they may be. Please... Don't leave me Jack..." Luna started to cry a bit, "This is exactly what I wanted... to... prevent."

Maple looked down at the look "Yea... We all messed up huh. Please... Jack... Don't do this... If you leave I'm going home and telling Caerson to tear apart my body... I won't need it because of Equestria... This Planet... Cyril... EVERYTHING will be doomed... You told me everything hinges on you and now... I really am starting to believe it...

• Brohoof 1