Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

"It was for you. I'll be ok without it." Jack noticed just how tired she was though. She hadn't been in combat but she still had been through a lot, a harsh argument, a bullet getting taken out of deep in her side, and she had made this. "Please, go ahead and use it, I'll eventually get home and get a good rest but for now I'll be fine." She said reassuring him before walking over near the bed itself and falling asleep.

------------------------------

Festus had hit the ground again "I was so close that time..." He looked up and saw a horrible sight, Infected surrounding him, they saw him becuase he had been outside durin the day and his bronze colored scales were bright in the sun "Uh, Oh..."

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded.

As was lying down on it, he was still lost in thought.

'Just why am i feeling so weird... I don't even know what i am feeling, perhaps it could be a fever? Still, it just doesn't feel right.' he thought with concern as he closed his eyes.

• Brohoof 1

Festus growled and drew his sword there were so many of them at least these were just the normal ones. He stood, his back against the wall facing them and sliced any that got close. "Well... I guess this is it for me... I... shouldn't have come out here by myself, He felt something different though, something had just changed. He looked at himself to see what it was and he saw it, a second spine had grown into his wing... "It must have been when I was in pain during those flight trails," He was correct on his assumption, he threw his sword into the wall behind him jumped and grabbed it jumped off it and grabbed a high ledge. "Only one chance here..." He said to himself. "Make it count." He lept as far as he could and started moving his wings he wasn't getting height but he wasn't falling as quickly as normal. "I... Yes!" He cheered as he 'flew ' around a bit.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was steering a bit in his sleep until he shot awake again after 39 minutes from a nightmare.

'Again these nightmares... This is getting out of hand, i almost feel like i should start avoiding sleep all over again because I am almost unable to at this point.' he thought.

'I gotta give Fluttershy credit for her creation tough, its alot better than sleeping on rocks or these concrete floors.' he thought.

As he walked downstairs he just looked outside one of the broken windows for a second.

'Have i outgrown the proper way to live a normal life or is it just impossible for me? I just don't know much of these standards, other then fighting, getting hurt, fighting getting hurt, it seems like its all i am good for, because i don't know any better. But then again.. What else can be done these days? Just look at what is transpiring everywhere.' he tought to himself, just not knowing what to do.

• Brohoof 1

Festus ran into the base, his smile beamed into the other room that Jack had been in. "Jack! Jack where are you?!" He said

Ember grabbed him "He's in there sleeping." She told him "Best yo-"

Festus ran into the room "Jack!" He said seeing he was awake. "Look!" he opened his wings and turned around showing that he now had at least one spine, it wasn't fully grown in but it was enough for him to use his wings now.

• Brohoof 1

Jack looked with utter surprise.

"Wow, just when did that happen? I thought such things would take a very long time, or is it diffren't with dragons?" Jack said with surprise.

"But I am happy for you either way! So you are able to fly now, or does it still take some time?"

• Brohoof 1

"I think it started when I used the blue flame down in the tunnel... I said I felt weird, that was because of the discomfort in my back and That's what was causing it." Festus explained "I can't fly yet but I can almost stagnate perfectly in the air not going up or down... Then again I guess that is flying!" He laughed. "I'd say now they're about half grown in!"

Ember walked past him and Looked at them "Well I'll be... You did it, kid." Ember said winking at him.

• Brohoof 1

"Indeed you did, perhaps you should get some rest though, I think we should be moving out soon, so now might be the best time to." Jack advised.

Jack knew all too well he should do the same, but he did not feel like it, feeling too scared to try the entire routine again.

"Come to think of it, I should probably start training myself, I cannot become sloppy while we are still in these areas." he said to himself.

'Ok, perhaps I am not getting sloppy from what I have been doing recently, but it never hurts to train either way.' he thought as he walked outside for a bit.

'Going to be a tough call how i am going to train myself, its something i have to think about first.'

• Brohoof 1

"Possibly but Jack..." Festus paused "You were in the same bad situation I was in and Fluttershy said you didn't get much rest last time you slept anyways."

Celestia looked in their "Fluttershy's plan was not just that bed Jack try again, if not for her, then for yourself."

Ember was blocking the entryway so Jack didn't exactly have a choice anyway.

-----------------------------

Luna was worried now, seeing Jack wake so soon, she couldn't even enter his dream in time.

"Don't worry sister. We'll get this to work." Celestia said over the radio

• Brohoof 1

Jack sighed.

"Fine, tough i don't feel very comfortable with trying to sleep on this planet, energies are more sinister then some tend to believe." Jack said as he laid down.

As he closed his eyes, he was just hoping for the best to happen.

• Brohoof 1

Jack, In his dreams, was about to be attacked by another nightmare. But this time Luna was ready and shielded Jack from it. "Hello, Jack. It's great to see you in person." Luna sid inside her magic bubble "Much better than over that radio thing." She smiled

------------------------------------------------------

After a bit of him laying there Ember moved away from the door, "If he wakes again the plan failed." She explain "You need a bit of sleep Fes..." she turned and he was already sleeping peacefully, leaning against a wall.

• Brohoof 1

Jack blinked, he could not believe what he was seeing.

"Luna? You are really in my dream from all the way over here?" He said with utter surprise.

He however shook himself out of that as he hugged her greatly.

"I tought i would never see you again.." he said with a bit of tears.

• Brohoof 1

"Dreams are a lot closer together in the general concept of the universe." Luna said hugging him back "But I'm glad I get to see you again. When you wake thank Fluttershy too, This was her Idea and I hate that I didn't come up with it." She laughed. "I know you can make it back to Equestria Jack, you've yet to let me down thus far." She smiled "So much has happened here... I'm not sure If I'm glad you missed it but I know I missed seeing you around."

• Brohoof 1

"I missed having you around too, things just have been very dangerous, and despite we are managing to hold our own against most dangerous, it is getting worse at every turn, I just hope Woody creates that gateway soon. If the enemy finds us on this planet then we are dead for sure, they will send down everything on us."

Indeed they will.

Jack ignored the random voice in his head.

"I just hope with all my heart that i can return soon, having to be in these ravaged planets again is just becoming to much for me." He said.

• Brohoof 1

Luna picked up Jack in the hug and smiled at him "You'll make it back, Nothing will separate that dragonequus from his mother nor you. I have no doubt that you all will be able to hold out for that long but for now, you're in the world of your dreams. You have full control over everything here, push out all of that bad though so I can put this shield down." She said trying to encourage him.

----------------------------------------------

Fluttershy had woken a few hours later from a rather good rest. "I see it worked..." She said looking at Jack.

Celestia had been watching over the trio as they slept. She looked at Fluttershy and nodded "It has, Good job Fluttershy. Also, that snake seems to have liked to you it slept with you." She said noticing it was awake too.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was trying to focus, it was in fact working, or so it seemed, as the nightmare outside was starting to vanish, except for some rather big parts that stayed behind.

He was trying, but it was not working, almost like something was interfering.

"Um Luna, is this normal? Because everything else seems to vanish, except for those things.." Jack said a bit uncertain.

• Brohoof 1

"No... It's not... Normally you should have complete control over dreams... I know what causes this... Jack is there something in your conscious? Any sort of odd, voices?" She asked. "This is similar to when Nightmare Moon started to form. It was a part of my own mind I couldn't get rid of..."

• Brohoof 1

Jack was thinking deeply.

"Yes, i do, i actually do hear voices, when near dark energies, those voices seem to increase to crazy amounts, but i occasionally have this other voice, but it just somethimes appears, with just a few words and it is just gone. I never really tried to pay any mind to it as i tought it was just from some form of denial or something." Jack said, a bit afraid.

• Brohoof 1

Luna looked worried now, "This can mean a number of things, It could even really be nothing... Didn't you say your former master died and you carried his spirit with you in a knife for a long time?" Luna asked him examining the remaining nightmare. "If so that could be the cause of it... Denial" She used some of her magic on it trying to pull it apart. 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, in fact, after that soul transfer with Maple, it should, in fact, be still in it. But... do you think that has to do with the voices?" Jack asked curiously.

When Luna started using her magic on it, the remaining parts itself were actually resisting, like it did not wanted to be removed.

• Brohoof 1

"While I do believe that could be the case, This is something... Special..." Luna said, "Almost like it's trying to take over your mind and in doing so your body, again similar to the way Nightmare Moon did against me... Jack you need to forgive yourself for these things, You're not responsible for everything in the universe." Luna used a magical projectile and fired it at the nightmare.

• Brohoof 1

"But how can i forgive myself, i am partly responsible for things being set into motion, and if i let it go, i am going to let down all those who have died for me!" Jack said with panic. "If I do nothing, they are going to be left behind as well, their deaths will become pointless.."

The nightmare itself seemed to stagger a bit in trying to exist, while it was driving by Jack's emotions, something else was holding it together.

• Brohoof 1

Luna observed it carefully. "I can't come to a conclusion on what this is, All I can tell you are that someone or something else is in your head... Regardless you are not responsible for the events set in motion and have probably saved countless lives as you did with Equestria. I know that not all wounds heal with time but you've done so much for the universe expecting a huge change yet you're on person Jack..." Luna felt like she was getting Removed from the dream. "I must go now, You're waking up."

• Brohoof 1

Jack suddenly woke up, he had a bit of a throbbing feeling in the back of his head.

'I just don't know what was holding that nightmare together, I tried to so hard but... Could it really be another person? But who?' Jack thought with dismay

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy had woken Jack up, "I'm sorry to wake you so quickly but everyone wants to continue moving because the infected are gone right now so this is our only chance." She looked around for a second..." She smiled "Did you enjoy that sleep? Were you out for several hours? Did... I do good with the surprise?"

• Brohoof 1