Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Trailer

PinkiePie97

I enjoyed this one a little better than the last one, but I do have to disagree with the comments that the airship looks better. I guess marginally better is technically better, but the textures and the physics of the falling columns feel ... off. I have a feeling that with some elements I am going to be harder than I am with the series (animation and music), and some I am going to be more forgiving (repetitive characterization and story elements from the show). 

The Rarity scene cracked me up. :D

• Brohoof 3

This trailer is a lot better than the first one for sure, but...am I the only one who's hype is diminishing the closer the film gets closer to release? Don't ask me why, because I have no idea. I am just not feeling anywhere near as much excitement as I was when the film was first announced. The film could potentially surprise me to no end, but for now, I am not exactly feeling the hype. Maybe that is my own personal problems.

Also, Tempest is shaping up to be...uhhh, really boring. :| Maybe Storm King can steal the show. Here's to hoping my feelings change before the film comes out.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Kyoshi said:

This trailer is a lot better than the first one for sure, but...am I the only one who's hype is diminishing the closer the film gets closer to release? Don't ask me why, because I have no idea. I am just not feeling anywhere near as much excitement as I was when the film was first announced. The film could potentially surprise me to no end, but for now, I am not exactly feeling the hype. Maybe that is my own personal problems.

I'm not really feeling it either right now, but I think it might be that my excitement is directed more at a Powerpuff Girls special airing this Sunday. I'm sure I'll be more into the MLP movie again once that passes.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Don't get me wrong I thought the trailers were good but, I'm not really a fan of Meghan McCarthy's 2 Part episodes so,

I'm worried that the movie will be like those only 30 or so minutes longer. 

I also have a feeling I'll be wrong & everything will be okie, dokey, loki! :)

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

This trailer is a lot better than the first one for sure, but...am I the only one who's hype is diminishing the closer the film gets closer to release? 

While I am not one of those, your feelings are understandable. As we get closer and we see more I would say it was inevitable some hype would diminish from fans. Admittedly I'm used to this from other fandoms & all, but still, that might be a good thing in the end. Best not to be too hyped then disappointed in it sometimes. :)

• Brohoof 2

Just now, PinkiePie97 said:

I'm not really feeling it either right now, but I think it might be that my excitement is directed more at a Powerpuff Girls special airing this Sunday. I'm sure I'll be more into the MLP movie again once that passes.

That makes sense. This actually sounds like what I think might be my problem. There are at least 3 or 4 games, mainly Forza 7, that are coming out that I am really excited for and it could be that my hype levels are being towards them and the Xbox One X, rather than the movie. I think my excitement will increase shortly before the movie goes live, I just wish I didn't feel so...out of the loop right now. :c My depression and anxieties might also be a factor, but that's nothing new. I want to feel only happiness and joy when it comes to this franchise ya know?

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Don't get me wrong I thought the trailers were good but, I'm not really a fan of Meghan McCarthy's 2 Part episodes so,

I'm worried that the movie will be like those only 30 or so minutes longer. 

I also have a feeling I'll be wrong & everything will be okie, dokey, loki!

This makes me think of my worry for the seaponies thing. I really don't like that aspect of the movie already but I might be worrying way too much. I am so weird. :|

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Kyoshi said:

This makes me think of my worry for the seaponies thing. I really don't like that aspect of the movie already but I might be worrying way too much. I am so weird. :|

You like ponies, right?

I'm sure there will be something about the movie that you'll end up liking even if it's as simple as seeing the Mane 6 on the big screen. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

You like ponies, right?

I'm sure there will be something about the movie that you'll end up liking even if it's as simple as seeing the Mane 6 on the big screen. :squee:

I hope it doesn't sound like I am trying to be harsh on the film already because I actually don't have any major expectations, considering the movie is going to be a stand-alone thing. I guess I am really hoping that the movie will be good. I worry over the stupidest things to the point where I am not sure what is worrying me exactly. :blink: Even Twilight would be confused at me.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Even Twilight would be confused at me.

Twilight would be confused by all of us. ^_^

I think it's best to look on the bright side,

at least Hasbro has enough faith in MLP:FiM that they're willing to try this movie thing a second time when

other generations of MLP didn't even get that honor.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

considering the movie is going to be a stand-alone thing.

?

If you mean stand alone like a self contained story, kinda. If you mean the film isn't canon, elements of the film are going to be in Season 8. Other than that, I haven't heard anything suggesting that it's not canon. 

10 minutes ago, Jeric said:

?

If you mean stand alone like a self contained story, kinda. If you mean the film isn't canon, elements of the film are going to be in Season 8. Other than that, I haven't heard anything suggesting that it's not canon. 

Self-contained is what I meant. My wording ability is shit.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Self-contained is what I meant. My wording ability is shit.

No worries. I just saw some earlier references that questioned whether the film was official canon so I was curious if I missed something that McCarthy or someone mentioned. 

• Brohoof 1

Haha "I HATE epic adventures!"

Have to agree with Kyoshi that Tempest seems kind of boring from what we've seen - just WAY too serious. Overall, this is a nice trailer, though and I'm still looking forward to the movie.

capper's voice just doesn't really seem to fit; his lines just felt incredibly jarring to me.

Cool looking bit of animation of the storm king there, animation really is good for this movie; and Rarity's line, while kind of bad sounding on paper, actually works with Tabitha's incredible delivery.

Still no Fluttershy or AJ lines or, well, ANYTHING in these trailers, makes me worry that those two are gong to basically get the shaft in actual roles in the movie. (Since I know that the way fluttershy originally was supposed to showcase honesty in the script was them meeting some Mud trolls after the pirates, and that got scrapped). The fact that AJ and fluttershy generally seem to sell less toys than the big three (Twi, PInkie, RD) also makes me worry that corporate demands might have snubbed those 2 for screentime/importance.

On 9/12/2017 at 2:03 PM, RulesofRarity said:
  Hide contents

So it turns out that Tempest Shadow will probably imprison the Alicorn princesses, bar Twilight as we can see Celestia turned to stone at 0:07.

Yeah, I'm thinking that the orb we see her buck off-camera as it zooms in on her face afterwards, full of malice, disgust, and hatred, contains some sort of portable version of the Cockatrice's stare that Storm King acquired to help Tempest incapacitate the Princesses to make it easier to acquire their magic for the Staff of Sacanas.

• Brohoof 2

I think it did a decent job and the animation and CGI effects look a lot more polished and finished. And at least (in the few seconds), we see how the princess's and ponies will be taken prisoner.

But overall, they definitely did a good job on focusing on the action, music, comedy, drama, and over development for the Mane 6, Tempest, Capper, pirates, and Skystar, with each moment they were given in the trailer.

So overall, I believe the trailer did what it had to and did it great!

I'm excited! I want to see it right now...

The way I see it, yes, I can be critical of it, but I can also just relax and have fun. Save the critical stuff after the show.

Season 7 has received a lot of criticism, but as I am going though it now - I think it's great! There are probably 5 or 6 episodes that I won't watch again, none of them are in season 7 so far...

So be positive!

• Brohoof 3

On 9/14/2017 at 7:48 PM, Skytower said:

Darn.  Celestia and Luna aren't going to do a thing in this movie are they?

To be fair I really wasn't expecting much from them or Cadence too begin with. When you have 7 main character, plus around 6 or so new characters there is only so much time you can devote to other characters. As important as the princesses are to the lore of the world, you can't devote enough time for them and be fair to the more important characters to the show; unfortunately.