Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Why is it that Movie is leaving some part out? (compared to figures, IOS game, and books references)

TBD

So I was a bit upset with the how the movie is not covering everything than it should have. The books, figures, and the IOS game basically cover the hole in the movie. A movie itself should be something everyone  (fan or not) to understand and enjoyed. I found out that some parts that weren't explained in the movie were explained in other sources. Meaning if you were to watch the movie you would only get about 70% out of what is going on. Its basically telling us to look up other sources to understand the movie 100%. So I was wonder why would they do that? I thought it's leave a heavy damage to the script and the movie overall. Especially when you're not a mlp fan who couldn't care less in looking up other sources to get the whole picture.

Example:

-Ever wonder what happen to Capper and the Parrot Crew when Tempest knocked down the ship?

According to the MLP IOS game, it explained that they ended back in the Klugeton town after the crush. Captain Celeano than paid the debt Capper has to own to  Verko. Then Verko himself forbid them to leave. So Capper and Captain Celeano cause a riot in the town and left the town to meet the other. 

-Backstory?

The prequel Comic, said it all.

-What will  Tempest do next now that she is not longer serving the Storm King?

In the book "The great Princess caper," shows how grubber want to be like Tempest and try to be the best sidekick for her. so a little more side story for him. At the end Tempest befriended with Grubber and allow him to be her sidekick Thus they both left equestria to spread the words that the Storm king was defeated and about friendship. 

-Epic battle false advertisement??

Tempest-Shadow-Twilight-Sparkle-Fan-Series-Hascon.jpg

why is this not in the movie?? I was looking forward to this and yet I didn't get any. So what's up with that?? I assumed it just a toy advertisement but this is a huge disappointment. I was hoping before Twilight was capture she would at least put up a fight with Tempest and then surrender. 

Also I was told in the Art book of MLP movie, there was scene with a epic battle between Storm king, and yet none in the movie. Did Hasbro just decided to change their mind and turn this movie into a more "kid-friendly" movie? I mean  a small battle wouldn't hurt anyone, take Tierk vs Twilight for example. 

so why do you think they do this? having multiple sources that explained things and false advertise things that weren't not in the movie?

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

More often than not, the script for a movie will get butchered to accommodate the budget or maximum run time. So things that are depicted in other sources that include the toys, games and books don't add up with the final cut even though they were meant to. It's a shame really. Had they kept all those plot points intact, the movie would have been MUCH more enjoyable.

• Brohoof 2

They probably left out some stuff so people would buy the comics and books, and download the app and buy all of the micro-transactions so they could understand everything better. I didn't realise they had left some backstory out until yesterday. I knew the prequel comic existed, but I didn't think I had to buy it to get more of the movie's plot. Now I want to buy it, so their marketing is working on me. :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 3