Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoilers visible in notifications now

CypherHoof

This isn't a tag or prefix filter for notifications and there never was. You just need to do what I do and not click on notifications. Related issue (but not a bug) is that the spoiler prefix won't show in some of the content blocks on then index. 

What you are seeing is a notification for a status update reaction that basically lists the entire status update since you posted in it. 

The issue is not avoiding clicking on spoilers  - the issue is that the spoiler text is right there in the notification text, so unless I avoid even LOOKING at notifications, it's going to be visible without any further action from me.

8 hours ago, Cypherlicious definitely-not-meme said:

The issue is not avoiding clicking on spoilers  - the issue is that the spoiler text is right there in the notification text, so unless I avoid even LOOKING at notifications, it's going to be visible without any further action from me.

No. That isn't quite accurate. When a person you follow posts a status update you get a notification that says "Jeric posted a status update". It gives you nothing about the actual content .... unless you actually reply.

You only see the status update's text in your notifications if you actually took action within that specific status update. So basically, don't engage and you'll be fine. This isn't a bug. 

In terms of formatting annoyance, Notification messages won't display the markup you put within the WYSIWYG editor (Spoiler, emotes, etc). That isn't a feature of the forum. 

I agree with @Cypherlicious definitely-not-meme. I once posted a status update that comments on a new released movie, but hid it under "spoilers." One of my friends replied, "Thanks for hiding the spoiler for me." But by replying to my status update, he automatically subscribed to it, causing him to get notifications whenever someone brohoofs his reply. The notification does not hide the spoiler, so if my friends checks his notification, then he got screwed. I felt really bad for him. Yes, he could have not replied to my status update to avoid the problem, but it's not his fault that he didn't know that the notifications work like that. 

• Brohoof 2

Okay, I was a little confused at first because I'm not using 'status' often enough to get this issue, but now I see it. You're right, spoilered text should not be appearing in the notification itself.

This needs to be added to the ever-growing development list. I honestly don't know if we'll ever reach it, as we don't have much in the way of development resources to devote to that list. :(

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

Okay, I was a little confused at first because I'm not using 'status' often enough to get this issue, but now I see it. You're right, spoilered text should not be appearing in the notification itself.

This needs to be added to the ever-growing development list. I honestly don't know if we'll ever reach it, as we don't have much in the way of development resources to devote to that list. :(

I can't remember if there is a separate pallet for status update toolbars and post toolbars. If so you should be able to double click to remove the spoiler button from the status update editor tools as a workaround. 

8 hours ago, Jeric said:

I can't remember if there is a separate pallet for status update toolbars and post toolbars. If so you should be able to double click to remove the spoiler button from the status update editor tools as a workaround. 

Unfortunately, no. There's just 'Small', 'Medium', and 'Large', which supposedly have something to do with screen size. That was one of the 'improvements' with IP.B 4.x, was making it so there was only one editor, rather than the several independent ones they had with IP.B 3.x