Sweetie drops theory

Uranium-235

Celestia had agents use the mirror pool so they could be everywhere, but, some mistakes were made in communications.

I literally saw this tonight while watching with my friends (first time for them - they are huge fans of G1). I was pointing out bonbon, and noticed this. Looked on the internet, could not find any reference to it. I'm assuming Celestia had the internet scrubbed due to the dire nature of people finding out about this...

or it was an error by the animators

either could be true, but i'm going with the former

bonbonbonbon.png

• Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, Uranium-235 said:

Celestia had agents use the mirror pool so they could be everywhere, but, some mistakes were made in communications.

I literally saw this tonight while watching with my friends (first time for them - they are huge fans of G1). I was pointing out bonbon, and noticed this. Looked on the internet, could not find any reference to it. I'm assuming Celestia had the internet scrubbed due to the dire nature of people finding out about this...

or it was an error by the animators

either could be true, but i'm going with the former

bonbonbonbon.png

In which episode was this?

• Brohoof 1

D7BFD833-A178-4E5B-9394-C55595D14920.png.b0ffd693257d1047a0a94b720d93d932.png

Thank you to the amazing @Kyoshi for making me this amazing signature! 

Go ask me anything at my Ask A Pony thread!

https://mlpforums.com/topic/177567-ask-nature-tune/

That's just the animators being lazy and using the same ponies over and over for the crowd scenes, hoping that no one would notice.

"The Show Stoppers" probably has the most glaring example of this. There are five Lyras in the crowd, but I guess Bon Bon (her again!), Minuette and a few others have also been to the mirror pool!

mlpcrowd.png.1baaa7e919df7a5c7921ae77cecc31d3.png

• Brohoof 3

1643623560_tacodidrasignature(bysparklefan1234).gif.c9b58495d983ed4ff485d6fb7d43d298.gif

Signature by @Sparklefan1234

6 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

Bon Bon is also a time traveler. :blink: Here you can see her with Lyra, Minuette and Derpy (all adults) watching a performance featuring filly Cheerilee, with costumes by Rarity who is still a blank flank!

They’re also in the audience when Twilight sees Celestia at the Summer Sun Celebration.

6DBE3F05-FCB2-4615-B230-B3EEE6198587.jpeg.9a4fb14d7afcb182b7c3e0959f2c122c.jpeg

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, ShootingStar159 said:

They’re also in the audience when Twilight sees Celestia at the Summer Sun Celebration.

6DBE3F05-FCB2-4615-B230-B3EEE6198587.jpeg.9a4fb14d7afcb182b7c3e0959f2c122c.jpeg

4 hours ago, Tacodidra said:

That's just the animators being lazy and using the same ponies over and over for the crowd scenes, hoping that no one would notice.

"The Show Stoppers" probably has the most glaring example of this. There are five Lyras in the crowd, but I guess Bon Bon (her again!), Minuette and a few others have also been to the mirror pool!

mlpcrowd.png.1baaa7e919df7a5c7921ae77cecc31d3.png

I think be bigger question might be how did lyra and minuette change races? they went from unipon to earthpon to unipon again

• Brohoof 1

post-15132-0-19586800-1427239759.jpg

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat

Fun idea, but that would also raise the question of the numerous other characters repeated in early season backgrounds, which, alas, cannot all have such workable explanations. I would probably read a fanfiction about this, though. 

On 12/31/2017 at 3:27 PM, sweetolebob18 said:

They're secretly Changelings -spies for Queen Chrysalis

That's my in-universe headcannon for the constant duplicates we see in the first few seasons. It stopped happening as much with later seasons so I like to think that this was Chrysalis doing recon prior to her invasion in Canterlot. 

Obviously the real world reason is that it was a time saver for the animation team to use duplicate characters. 

• Brohoof 1

On 31-12-2017 at 7:15 PM, KrazyDashie said:

I think be bigger question might be how did lyra and minuette change races? they went from unipon to earthpon to unipon again

Maybe it aren't them then, but just ponies who look quite similar. :nom:

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

!Feel Free To Talk And Walk Where Ever You Like On This Forum!

• 2 weeks later...