The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

5 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Fail point.  I'm not even so old as to sleep that early yet. 

I'll get that old one day. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Hey everypony how's it going? It's me, Markiplier and today, lol no no, I'm just kidding comrades ^_^ But really how are you guys doing? I just got back from canoeing down the Cannon River with my mom, it was pretty fun, went smoothly and we didn't flip over! Yay! We went out for lunch after and I got this big-ass malt, it was SUPER good, highly recommend you all go out to Nick's Diner now and get yourselves some of their malts, it's totally worth it :D

But now I'm feeling pretty worn out, I've been gone like all day :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, King of Canterlot said:

Hey everypony how's it going? It's me, Markiplier and today, lol no no, I'm just kidding comrades ^_^ But really how are you guys doing? I just got back from canoeing down the Cannon River with my mom, it was pretty fun, went smoothly and we didn't flip over! Yay! We went out for lunch after and I got this big-ass malt, it was SUPER good, highly recommend you all go out to Nick's Diner now and get yourselves some of their malts, it's totally worth it :D

Very glad you had a good day. :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Longhaul said:

Very glad you had a good day. :)

Thanks! It was fun, I feel like with myself working a lot and mom always gone at school it seems like we never can just like, hang out with each other, so I'm happy we were able to do something different and spend some time together puttering around town afterwards, Cannon Falls has a pretty cute downtown, lots of little shops and such to go into :fluttershy:

Just now, King of Canterlot said:

Thanks! It was fun, I feel like with myself working a lot and mom always gone at school it seems like we never can just like, hang out with each other, so I'm happy we were able to do something different and spend some time together puttering around town afterwards, Cannon Falls has a pretty cute downtown, lots of little shops and such to go into :fluttershy:

I used to like going there when I lived in Minnesota.  There, and Pine Island were nice places to visit.

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

Hey Longhaul. How are you doing?

I've ... been better, currently waiting for repair guy to come look at the car.

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked

Well, now that that's all done and dusted, how are we all? :mlp_smug:

25 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Glad you had a good time, buddy!

Also...

25 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Markiplier

Spoiler

Image result for e meme

Come on, surely you were expecting this from me of all people. :D

• Brohoof 2

Just now, SnekEater said:

Well, now that that's all done and dusted, how are we all? :mlp_smug:

Glad you had a good time, buddy!

Also...

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for e meme

Come on, surely you were expecting this from me of all people. :D

Actually I'm not surprised at all, it's just like you to bring a meme into everything, I guess I kinda walked right into that one though, I completely forgot about that meme :laugh:

Hope you also had a good day comrade, I did, I'm gonna shower later, I feel all sticky from the sun-screen :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

I’m sorry to hear that. What’s wrong with the car? :ooh:

Just finished with the service tech.  Luckily, just the battery.  This heat wave was the death blow for it.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Longhaul said:

Just finished with the service tech.  Luckily, just the battery.  This heat wave was the death blow for it.

Yeah, the heatwave recently has been terrible. The rain here for me has made the air just super humid.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Yeah, the heatwave recently has been terrible. The rain here for me has made the air just super humid.

Got up to 110 here over the weekend, with more hundred-plus for the rest of this week.

It was a little hard starting yesterday, and leaving work last night I needed to jumpstart.  Today, it was same as last night. We're getting a new battery installed.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Longhaul said:

Got up to 110 here over the weekend, with more hundred-plus for the rest of this week.

It was a little hard starting yesterday, and leaving work last night I needed to jumpstart.  Today, it was same as last night. We're getting a new battery installed.

Did the heat kill the battery or was it humidity for you? I could see water destroying the battery but then again 110 outside is pretty awful.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Did the heat kill the battery or was it humidity for you? I could see water destroying the battery but then again 110 outside is pretty awful.

It's relatively dry (31% humidity as of now), plus the battery looked to be the original one from the factory, so heat and most likely age were the culprits.

Just now, Longhaul said:

It's relatively dry (31% humidity as of now), plus the battery looked to be the original one from the factory, so heat and most likely age were the culprits.

How old was the car anyways? I'm guessing it's probably from the early to mid-2000's.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

How old was the car anyways? I'm guessing it's probably from the early to mid-2000's.

2013.  I bought it used, had it a little over a year now.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Longhaul said:

2013.  I bought it used, had it a little over a year now.

Huh... That's interesting. I'm driving a car from 2009 and the battery is from the original and still works pretty nicely. Oh well, I'm glad you are getting it fixed.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

That’s good at least. Batteries are easy to replace. We had a big heat wave here a few weeks ago. But now we’re on day 4 of rain. 

• Brohoof 3

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Huh... That's interesting. I'm driving a car from 2009 and the battery is from the original and still works pretty nicely. Oh well, I'm glad you are getting it fixed.

Extreme heat and cold can shorten the life of a car battery.  When I lived in Minnesota, with the harsh winters, a mechanic friend suggested replacing every two years.  

Just now, Brobot said:

BEEP BEEP (yo guys how it hanging in the lounge?)

Howdy!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Longhaul said:

Extreme heat and cold can shorten the life of a car battery.  When I lived in Minnesota, with the harsh winters, a mechanic friend suggested replacing every two years.  

Howdy!

Aye. I see. I was wrong at the first, the battery in my car was probably replaced 3-4 years ago. Either way....

• Brohoof 2