Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SPBBL - Serious Pony Brewers Beer Lounge

PinkieShadow

3 minutes ago, Artemis said:

@Divine plywood's post got me thinking. Sierra Nevada has an enormous brewery in Ashville, NC. Anybody who lives around there should check it out. I drove down there from Virginia for the tour and it was amazing. The hop room smells simply divine :-D

I literally work right next to a huge brewery - all commerical stuff of course, but the entire area has a rather characteristic hoppy odour to it..

• Brohoof 2

I can't seem to find enough time to even visit in my local brewery as often as I would like, not to mention flying to States... But one can always dream :mlp_icwudt: 

Along with Sierra Nevada and many, many other breweries, Stone's brewery/hop farm/restaurant in Escondido, CA is definitely on my bucket list!

11 minutes ago, Divine plywood said:

I can't seem to find enough time to even visit in my local brewery as often as I would like, not to mention flying to States... But one can always dream :mlp_icwudt: 

Along with Sierra Nevada and many, many other breweries, Stone's brewery/hop farm/restaurant in Escondido, CA is definitely on my bucket list!

Sierra Nevada has been on my bucket list for quite some time! 

Luckily for me the area I live has loads of breweries so theres always opportunities to visit them haha

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

*sets a fresh cider in front of Cypher*

Sorry about the dust, it should settle soon.

It is in the nature of dust to be rearranged rather than removed, but I can deal. Sometimes it is just good to find someplace quiet to relax )

16 minutes ago, Cypherhoof said:

It is in the nature of dust to be rearranged rather than removed, but I can deal. Sometimes it is just good to find someplace quiet to relax )

Very true.  I couldn't agree more.

6 minutes ago, Divine plywood said:

G' evening y'all ! How are you fine folks doing tonight?

Doing okay, I suppose.   How are you?

8 minutes ago, Divine plywood said:

Well. it's weekend, I just made myself a large portion of hot chocolate and I'm wearing my favorite woolen pullover first time this autumn.

I would say that things are working out for me quite well ^_^

Sounds awesome.  I'm currently contemplating dinner options prior to going shopping.

Just now, Longhaul said:

Sounds awesome.  I'm currently contemplating dinner options prior to going shopping.

I tend to find there are two paths - one of deciding what you are going to cook, then visiting multiple shops to find the ingredients, and the other visiting a convenient shop to see what ingredients are available, and then deciding what you could cook from those :)

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Cypherhoof said:

I tend to find there are two paths - one of deciding what you are going to cook, then visiting multiple shops to find the ingredients, and the other visiting a convenient shop to see what ingredients are available, and then deciding what you could cook from those :)

Just now, Divine plywood said:

What did you have in mind? Do you have any favorite 'go to' -recipes?

Saturdays are my 'no cook' days, so I'm figuring out where to go, most likely getting takeout on the way home from grocery shopping.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Longhaul said:

Saturdays are my 'no cook' days, so I'm figuring out where to go, most likely getting takeout on the way home from grocery shopping.

Depends on how "non cook" you want it to be I guess - when I can't be bothered to actually make something, but don't want takeout, I usually get ready-to-cook ovenables from the chilled asle - say chicken kievs, tagliatelle carbonara, and garlic bread, which DO require cooking, but the entire effort is "remove from outer packaging, place in oven, wait" :)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cypherhoof said:

Depends on how "non cook" you want it to be I guess - when I can't be bothered to actually make something, but don't want takeout, I usually get ready-to-cook ovenables from the chilled asle - say chicken kievs, tagliatelle carbonara, and garlic bread, which DO require cooking, but the entire effort is "remove from outer packaging, place in oven, wait" :)

I do a big meal on Sundays, so this is my 'let someone else do it, I'm saving my energy and staying out of the kitchen' day. 

(It's a working title.)

There's some options on the way home, just figuring out which one to stop at is the issue.

• 1 month later...

Good evening y'all, it's once again time to try bump this thread ^_^

Hopefully you had a wonderful Halloween! Though I absolutely despise said holiday, there's one good thing of it: pumpkin beer! Importers make sure that markets and liquor stores are packet of it for the rest of the years :mlp_icwudt:

21 hours ago, Divine plywood said:

Good evening y'all, it's once again time to try bump this thread ^_^

Hopefully you had a wonderful Halloween! Though I absolutely despise said holiday, there's one good thing of it: pumpkin beer! Importers make sure that markets and liquor stores are packet of it for the rest of the years :mlp_icwudt:

Does seem to have gone quiet in the absence of @Longhaul ...

Not a great fan of pumpkin anything, I am afraid (we didn't even get them in this country until recently, using turnips instead for halloween lanterns) - besides, AJ would tell you cider is the ultimate alcoholic drink (although I do like a good single malt)

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Longhaul!

*hugs the other gray pony - or should that be grey? :D

We have missed you; how goes the story writing?

*Hugs*

The writing is done.  I'm fresh out of inspiration.  How have you been?