Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia wants to turn Equestria into a militia. Do you support it?

KillerKingBakudan

On 3/4/2018 at 8:24 PM, Prospekt said:

Sounds too militaristic to me. Not to mention it sounds like Celestia would basically be enslaving the entire nation. I would just expand the Royal Guard instead, with multiple branches (ex: army, navy, pegasus air force, special forces, etc.). No mandatory service that puts blind nationalism and petty tribalism above each individual pony's dignity and personal beliefs about the use of violence.

So no, I would not support such a change. Sounds like Celestia's way of becoming an outright tyrant in her own right.

Eh, sounds like an old good conscription service, which is like still been enforced in a few countries. And it's not really an enslavement, nationalism yes, but not an enslavement. The position would be treated with a certain level of respect, and as a bonus who wouldn't like a colt in a uniform.

Edited by Rebellious Rainbow

Every time I saw an episode where they were attacked and struggled, I always thought how effective it would be to have a militia/army. Magic is generally most effective for combat, but it has been rendered useless in some episodes. If they created a militia with weapons, they would have a good backup to magic in terms of magic. Even something like a bow would easily incapacitate an enemy. If they have the technology to create things like trains and gramophones, they should be able to develop weapons such as firearms, These can't be drained of their power like magic and they are effective. I wouldn't be in favour of a draft, but would for a voluntary militia. If they want to defend their nation or whatever Equestria is, let them do it.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2018-03-05 at 1:09 AM, KillerKingBakudan said:

To be fair, the plan wouldn't involve instituting a draft. Just saying. No person or pony would want to be put on active duty against their will, so of course everyone would be against that.

But in a world with magic stealing centaurs, specters and menacing changelings, I don't think they would object to at least being given sufficient knowledge on how to protect themselves from evil creatures and dark magic, and not having to rely on the same six ponies bearing elements of harmony to save them every time.

Even if you looked at our society in general, if you asked anybody if they'd want to be a soldier, a lot of people would say no. But they'd more than likely still want the benefits that come with being a badass. Nobody wants to feel vulnerable.

Sentry Dash My Little Portal - Rainbow DashPony Rainbow Dash Derpy Hooves Portal Twilight Sparkle PNG, Clipart,  Equestria, Fictional Character, Horse, Internet Meme, http://my-little-portal.weebly.com/uploads/2/1/9/4/21940782/6997593_orig.pngRainbow Dash ( My Little Portal) by Law44444 on DeviantArthow about creating Robotic Super Soldier to fight alongside equestria against  any dark magic threat. how about a Upgraded Robotic Life Support suit for rainbow dash and the rest of equestria

and probably more Robotic Super Soldier Rainbow dash. mlp portal cheap onlineMy Little Portal - Rainbow Dash Audition - YouTube

Edited by Scootaloo9074090