Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any idea what Rainbow meant by this?

Nyactis Mewcis Catlum

EDIT: This is what's said after the line, by the way -

Scootaloo: Why?
Rainbow Dash: Ugh! It's just my parents and I have a delicate relationship. I love them very much, and we're really close, but there's a reason I didn't tell them I'm a Wonderbolt! They can be a little bit... embarrassing.
Scootaloo: Huh? Really?
Rainbow Dash: Yeah, really! And now you've invited a whole lot of crazy into my life!
Scootaloo: What's wrong with a little support?

So I was combing through some MLP: FiM episodes for the sake of the other thread that I started, and I stumbled upon this strange line:

Rainbow Dash: Yeah. You should've warned me that you were bringing my parents! Or talked to Twilight or something! Not just shown up!

Now, I remember thinking it was a little odd when I first watched the episode, but I entirely forgot about it until just now.

Why Twilight? :huh: It's oddly specific. Anyone have any idea what she means by this? Why would Scootaloo talk to Twilight about...her parents?

And no, context doesn't make this any clearer:

Rainbow Dash: Okay, yeah! Uh, great practice! I'll, uh, eh, catch up with you guys in a minute!
Fleetfoot: Sir, you really raised a great flyer!
Bow Hothoof: Oh, no! [straining] Tears... welling up again!
Rainbow Dash: Dad!
Bow Hothoof: [continues sobbing]
[camera flashes]
Rainbow Dash: Could you give us a sec?
Scootaloo: Is something wrong?
Edited by Wolfhog
  • Brohoof 1

I would assume it is because she is a

5abdc9102092f_flat800x800075f_u1.thumb.jpg.8790f115f5bb66fb62456e3e9e8f2c07.jpg

And Rainbow feels she would have all the answers and give the best course of action.

Twilight probably would have told Scoots to do the exact same thing she did.. because Scoots is pretty darn smart herself and made the best decision based upon the knowledge she had.

Twilight is basically the master of preperations. Telling her first would have given Rainbow a better and more proper place to meet rather than at the very place she is training at. Twilight could have talked with them first, contacted Rainbow and arranged a less awkward get-together. Instead, as Rainbow said, they showed up with no warning giving her no chance to prepare or even be done with her Wonderbolt stuff for the day.

• Brohoof 1