Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Dragons Bodily Fire Functions Question

rybird

(edited)

I recently re-watched S7 E15, "Triple Threat" . Ember is shown to breathe fire (expected since she's a dragon), but is also shown to sneeze fire as well as burp fire.

The same with Spike. He burps fire in S8 E11 "Molt Down" 

And it made me immediately think of a very funny, embarrassing, (and somewhat irreverent) possibility about them.  Do they fart fire too ? (I understand this question may come across extremely immature and juvenile LOL).  

Edited by rybird
Forgot to add a few sentences

I really really wasn't expecting that,,,

rainbow_dash_laughing_by_yanoda-d4t6e11.png.a729054db649ad1ae0a5b928df2a1be4.png

The answer is no but I would go so far as to say they'd light pretty easily. From my understanding, dragons either produce a pyrophoric liquid (meaning it catches fire upon contact with air)below 130 degrees Fahrenheit) that they spray from glands, similar to how a spitting cobra uses it's venom, or they have special bacteria that produces hydrogen and methane from digestion and is stored in gas bladders. These gases being lighter than air aid in a dragon's flight as it reduces weight, and they serve as fuel for the dragon's fire. The hydrogen mixes with oxygen from the air over a layer of platinum on the dragon's teeth which acts as a catalyst thus igniting the gases. The platinum is obtained by chewing on mineral deposits that contain it and they coat teeth in the back. This could partially explain their want for treasure platinum is a rare earth metal often used in jewelry. Another source for fire could be any naturally occurring flammable gas or liguid which the dragon ignites by passing it over sparks made in a special pouch containing something along the lines of flint and steel which produce sparks when the two strike. Flammable components could very well be expelled from the rear, but with no source for ignition there won't be any fire.

@SharpWit Did you watch that docufiction special “Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real”? I watched it back when I was in middle school, and it had a lot of similar theories on how Dragons would work biologically if they existed.

9 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

@SharpWit Did you watch that docufiction special “Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real”? I watched it back when I was in middle school, and it had a lot of similar theories on how Dragons would work biologically if they existed.

Maybe,,, :squee:

I also read a few dragonology books. I had a phase, lol.