Spike lets Garble get eaten

Dragulia

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would feel pretty disgusted. I won't say bullies don't deserve to get it stuck to them at times, but letting them be killed gruesomely while you do nothing but smile about it is pretty damn sociopathic in and of itself if not outright psychopathic.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Dragulia said:

Garble got stuck in a nest full of hungry hatching Rocs and begged for Spike to save him, but Spike turns away, smiles, and let's him get eaten

I would feel that Spike is a sadistic lunatic, letting someone die just because you may not like them is NOT an excuse to let them die when you could have jumped in and saved them, sure Garble isn't the most well-liked dragon, but does he deserve to die? No, and letting him die as he pleads for help is honesty just cold-hearted :mustache:  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

I would feel that Spike is a sadistic lunatic, letting someone die just because you may not like them is NOT an excuse to let them die when you could have jumped in and saved them, sure Garble isn't the most well-liked dragon, but does he deserve to die? No, and letting him die as he pleads for help is honesty just cold-hearted :mustache:  

Good to see more people like you. My experiment worked, I'm glade to see people actual do know the meaning of the show, rather then most people on devianart and derpibooure...seriously, look at the people who comment on it. Some want Spike to punch the members of the Mane 6, not kidding. So I decided to see if people here would hold their morals, even though we are talking about fictional and fake characters, it's nice to see fans actually do follow the morals.

id say this topic has served its purpose. Glad this isn't derpibooru(that site needs to be taken down)

Edited by Dragulia

(edited)

I'd feel pretty freaked out and get scared, this is a kids' show after all. :sealed: Granted, Lion King did a similar thing, but Scar did kill Mufasa. And all Garble did was call Spike names, challenge to a couple of fights and make fun of them. I'm not saying that his actions are right or tolerable in any way, but I think that would be a little too extreme. I don't think Spike would do such a thing either, he's the Friendly Ambassador of the Dragons' Land, Spike would make his all his effort to change Garble into a better dragon. Nopony/one/creature deserves anything like, let's say, being eaten alive. :sunny: 

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Dragulia said:

I feel the best way to change him, is to show why he's a sociopath(he tried to kill Spike many times) is, well I've seen Molt Down and from what I heard...

Reveal hidden contents

Spike: Your a pathetic creep!

Garble: Did you ever think that when your pointing at me, your really pointing at yourself?

(Spike confused)

Garble: At least you had a loving family...sigh...Okay, so it's my eighth birthday and I'm starting to Molt, I was so excited, cause that meant I would soon gain my wings, but instead of a party, my parents suddenly, almost predictably, grab me and toss me out of the cave right into a sling tail and then that animal shoots me face first into tar, infront of a bunch of laughing dragons!! 

Spike: I... didn't know.

I'm not actually sure if Garble's actually at the murdering stage yet. It's been a while, but from what I remember in the show, he just tries to hurt Spike and gets carried away. Again, as we've learned from Ember, hurting other dragons to prove you're the best is very commonplace for them. I have a feeling if Garble actually KILLED another dragon, he'd be very disturbed by it. 

That's interesting, but a bit too similar to Diamond Tiara. I think changing the angle from just bad parents to being the product of an entire culture would being a fresh spin.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

I'd feel pretty freaked out and get scared, this is a kids' show after all. :sealed: Granted, Lion King did a similar thing, but Scar did kill Mufasa. And all Garble did was call Spike names, challenge to a couple of fights and make fun of them. I'm not saying that his actions are right or tolerable in any way, but I think that would be a little too extreme. I don't think Spike would do such a thing either, he's the Friendly Ambassador of the Dragons' Land, Spike would make his all his effort to change Garble into a better dragon.

Good to see more like you. 

15 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I'm not actually sure if Garble's actually at the murdering stage yet. It's been a while, but from what I remember in the show, he just tries to hurt Spike and gets carried away. Again, as we've learned from Ember, hurting other dragons to prove you're the best is very commonplace for them. I have a feeling if Garble actually KILLED another dragon, he'd be very disturbed by it. 

That's interesting, but a bit too similar to Diamond Tiara. I think changing the angle from just bad parents to being the product of an entire culture would being a fresh spin.

Spoiler

Actually, I had the idea that in Father knows Beast, it's actually Garble's father, who intends to make him the son he never had, an extra bit of spite for Garble, to show that not only did he feel hurt by his parents kicking him out, not only was he also made fun of and reveals he was trying to toughen Spike up(that is something that would make sense) but his dad is the real driving force of his bullying.

Garble's Dad: You'll be like the son, I never had.

Garble: (annoyed) I'm your son, Dad! 

Garble's Dad: See that's my problem.

Spike and Garble teaming up and standing up to him would be a great way to redeem him, and in a way turn him into a sorta big bro figure, you know I'm sure he'll still have his attitude, and occasional tease, but..in a way he'd become like Steve from Trollhunters, a violent bully who became a good guy and became best friends with a small, weak and bullied kid, even helps him conquer the gym.

It would be a way to show Dragon parent attempting to defy Ember's progress.

15 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

And your right, in fact, wasn't it considered weak to have friends in Dragon Culture. 

Garble being redeemed and showing that he was only a product of cruel parents, and ones who don't love him would show a lot including how parents(save for Torch) are cruel, strict traditionalists. And why Spike has it made, compared to other dragons, as he was not born to a culture darwanisim.

Edited by Dragulia
  • Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked