food What was the last food you ate?

Member Berry

Sausage & fried egg bap with tea at The Jubilee Park Cafe (pronounced 'jubbly', apparently, according to a local) in Woodhall Spa. :D

The sausage was like a burger patty, never seen that before, and there was two of them,

This was followed by a plain spongecake muffin with a chocolate creme filling, and another mug of tea.

-

SuperNom.jpg.d208bb830eb2d426907d1e16ec26d7ef.jpg

I attempted three eggs, all sunny side up. Each one ended up burnt and stuck to the pan. I kept trying again an making the same exact mistakes over and over. It was a farce, like watching a Marx Brothers movie! I never did end up with a good egg, just some bits and pieces scraped off the pan. I'm normally pretty good at making eggs, but I was so distracted I couldn't have spelled my own name correctly, let alone make eggs. 

So my last food was fragmented eggs, if that counts.  :mlp_confused:

• Sad 1
  • Excited 1

Chinese stir fry, two diced pork sausages, chopped onion, courgette & red pepper, fried in olive oil, Blue Dragon Chow Mein sauce, soft noodles...

IMG_6341.jpg.614a471fe187825062112411defa835d.jpg

-

Followed by Bramley apple & blackcurrant pie with strawberry ripple ice cream.

-

SuperNom.jpg.847feeaa189d6b4b8d907a1d26ff8799.jpg

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Tropical Melody said:

Chinese stir fry, two diced pork sausages, chopped onion, courgette & red pepper, fried in olive oil, Blue Dragon Chow Mein sauce, soft noodles...

IMG_6341.jpg.614a471fe187825062112411defa835d.jpg

-

Followed by Bramley apple & blackcurrant pie with strawberry ripple ice cream.

-

SuperNom.jpg.847feeaa189d6b4b8d907a1d26ff8799.jpg

That looks absolutely blissful :wau:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

Yesterday's Sunday lunch was half a pork pie, roasted potato, parsnips & carrots, mashed potato, steamed brocolli & green beans, Bisto gravy with added garam masala...

-

IMG_6342.jpg.37aca3eee5dac50b743716fdc8e0fdf9.jpg

-

SuperNom.jpg.ba63932db3aa2e6eb70ab73460161fe9.jpg

-

Evening was Brie cheese with wholemeal bread, with sliced tomato & cucumber on the side, followed by apple pie.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 2

(edited)

Further to the crusty rolls question, my cunning plan was to do home-bake baquettes - margerine spread, Red Leicester, Gloucester & Cheddar cheeses, Branston pickle.....

-

IMG_6343.jpg.aa9b846e9317e4372a58589d0df365f7.jpg

-

OMG I've missed this so much!

Edited by Tropical Melody
Typos
  • Brohoof 1

Nothing fancy. 

Just a cup of noodles sauteed in garlic mayo sauce and musrad seasoning broth, topped with a fried egg with garlic cheddar cayne pepper seasoning. 

IMG_20240911_191523_837.jpg

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

Yesterday brunch was a fry-up at The Langrick Station cafe, egg bacon sausage baked beans & tinned tomatoes, with toast, and tea.

Evening was reheated take-out sag aloo & pilau rice, with an onion bhaji & a vegetable samosa.

• Brohoof 1