Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Tails of Equestria discussion

Brony Number 42

Let's talk about the official Tails of Equestria rpg. Are you playing it? What is your impression? What house rules do you use?

I have all the material so far and I will update you as I get into it.

Edited by Totally Spicy BronyNumber 2A
  • Brohoof 1

So I played the first adventure and read the next one. There are some good and bad things about the game.

First the good.

It sticks to the theme. The adventure teaches you about solving problems and thinking about possibilities.

It stats the world, somewhat. Along with the supplements, it stats all of the main characters.

The bad.

Too simple. I understand that it is a game for young players, but I wish there was an "advanced" version. I think the target age is too narrow. Kids who are too young don't play rpgs, and older kids would need more substance.

For example, there really aren't rules on how to do anything. You have 3 stats and some skills, and everything is resolved with that. But what about skills on all the things a pony might do in his job? Can any pony operate heavy machinery?

There also isn't a big list of items, and no weight. As a player of D&D I like equipment. I plan to use the D&D rules for this game.

Of course fighting is discouraged. The problem is it is inevitable. If a diamond dog threatens you and demands money, I believe it is wrong to give in. The ponies live in a dangerous world. There will be times where they have to use violence. I will add weapons to the game but I will say that characters get knocked out.

That's what I have so far.

• Brohoof 1