Which pony design do you like the most and why?

starrymiss

I've always loved Candy Apple's and Misty Fly's color palette. Not sure why but something about both have just always appealed to me. And I love Candy's mane style! 

latest?cb=20150506040330

202-2023716_cheezedoodle96-bedroom-eyes-

Another honorable mention would be Night Glider...

340?cb=20150410101400

• Brohoof 2

Midnight Snack is one of my favorite designs. 

blo.thumb.png.5262a476db712ea469de49cc79498ef2.png

In fact many of the Las Pegasus and the Friendship school background ponies have great designs. 

From the main cast I would say Twilight. I like her contrasts.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

I really like Fresh Coat's design a lot.

She's so so so underrated and it's a shame we didn't get to see more of her. ;-;

da66vx3-f0282cd0-9fb9-4b27-94a2-1f41fc5e7b11.thumb.png.e1a30330f5cfaff526167c12412d8cf9.png

• Brohoof 1

Even though I do love all of the pony designs from FiM, but the one that stood out the most was Rainbow Dash.

rainbow_dash___epic_stance_by_mrlolcats17_d556ary-fullview.thumb.png.3e511b3ee48ff71c9ca2b2dd3e9bdca8.png

Sure, the character was based off of a previous generation, but Dash was the most unique pony there is. Instead of being a 'darling' fashionista who loves rainbows 24/7, Dash was brash, bold, daring, fast, cool, and expressive.

Lauren Faust loved Firefly from G1 back in the day, so she revamped Dash as a pegasus who just love to fly fast and no danger gets in her way.

Dash's design stood out me was due to her spikey colorful mane. I love the colors of her mane because of how vibrant and colorful it was. Having spikes on her hair gives her that extra touch that she isn't like any other pony character in the entire lot.

That's why Dash stood out to me.

I'll put Derpy Hooves a close second.

Derpy_Hooves.png.5545ad54b25ae12023044f23d710b0dc.png

Derpy stood out to me due to her body color and mane color were not like any other ponies. Sure, her design was like every other pony characters in the background, but very in the show that featured a mare has a gray body color. She's the most unique and refreshing character in the whole show. She may start out as an animation error, but she grew to become them most recognizable characters in the fandom and FiM itself.

• Brohoof 2

I've loved Lyra's design since the day I first saw her. She has such a unique and beautiful color scheme compared to any other pony in the show, and her manestyle is adorable too. Best pony now and forever! :wub:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/82/5e/83/825e833583c219708dbb79e76bb95b53.png

• Brohoof 4

Fluttershy is definitely my favorite pony altogether, including her design. She's just soooo cute and adorable!:squee: I like her more subtle colors and long smooth swooping mane/tail. Her eye shape and color is pretty too.

Fluttershysitsm.jpg.53ce7992981cd5a7575e5accdac13a5d.jpg

In terms of just aesthetics and art design, there's a few other ponies in the show that I particularly like a lot too.

Rarity is a close second out of the mane 6. I like her mane color contrast and styling along with her eyes too.

raritycocomnhttnsm.jpg.5eb54382899141371b4c153fe5d05f5f.jpg

Other ponies in the show that I can't leave out::(

• Coco Pommel- She's just adorable all around. :eager:

mlpdesignssm.jpg.1f75a3360d46a9c01bd8004d9ff9b77b.jpg

• Fleur de Lis- I've always just liked her pleasant color scheme and taller slender design.
  • Sweetie Belle- Out of the CMC, I just think she's the most adorable.
  • Cadence- At first, I didn't really care much for her, but I've come to really like her design. I like her taller more slender body type, long multi-color swirling mane, and two-toned gradient wings. I actually bought a Funko figure of her and it's my favorite one.
  • Lyra- I've always liked her color palette, especially her striking eyes. "I really like her mane" too. :laugh:
  • Chrysalis- I've just always loved her design all around. A cool yet dark and gangly looking villain character. The shredded look and holes are awesome too.
  • Luna- I just really like her color palette and design overall.
  • Autumn Blaze/Kirin in general- I think they're adorable.  I'm so glad that they even bothered to add their more intricate (and dynamic) design so late into the series.

lunapaperbreezesm.jpg

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy - because she’s adorable 

rainbow dash - I’ve always liked rainbow things so this is a big yes from me

and then Derpy, how can anyone not like them?

• Brohoof 2