The Affairs of the Vatican

Whiteshade

Questions About the Vatican  

14 users have voted

1. 1. Is the Vatican corrupt?

• Yes
    • No
    • That awkwardly worded middle choice for undecided people
  2. 2. How much influence does the Vatican have, in your opinion?

• Too Much
    • Not Enough
    • Perfect
  3. 3. Does the Vatican aptly represent Catholics?

• Yes
    • Nein
    • Wut apltyl meen?

Hi, I am Whiteshade, and I hate intros. Let's get to the topic already...

Paolo Gabriele just got arrested

In the likely scenario where you ignore forget to click the link, here is a rundown:

Guy got arrested because he was spai. And about a million other things. Now click the link and read it, you lazy pony!

Anyways, I think this is:

The classic power struggle. In a sense, its ridiculously complex, and in another sense, its very simple. As for the Vatican itself, you can guess my position on that.

Also I made a poll, for all you vote whores democratic idealists. The votes are private, so no one will care if you vote the wrong way against the majority. If there is loaded wording within the poll itself, just rage point it out and I will check it.

By the way, mods will be swarming this thread, due to some stuff, and then something, then something else. Get those tongues civil or get them cut.

So, you are free to share your inevitably perfect and absolutely correct, to like, an absolute degree, because its absolute, opinions, by posting and taking the poll, or just take the poll if you don't like the crowd.

(edited)

Is the Vatican corrupt?

>yes

How much influence does the Vatican have?

>Too much

Does the Vatican aptly represent Catholics?

>yes Posted Image

Edited by Marshmallow

The Vatican is pretty corrupt, actually, I think anonymous had a field day with them in one of their attacks, getting into their private radio network, etc

This is a pretty hefty topic, where it would be pretty impossible for most people to be unbiased in their reasoning. If I thought it was worth my time, because of my beliefs, I would do what I could to research the topic more and see the other side of the story. The New York Times isn't exactly friendly to the Catholic Church, after all.

But there are other people who won't hear of any kind of defense the Catholic Church has against particular actions, always willing to believe the negative and the conspiracies, even if they aren't true.

There's probably some middle-ground where bias isn't much of an issue, but in my experience, the people who fall into that category tend to be mainline Protestant or Orthodox Christians who don't hate Catholics, and not very many of those people are vocal on the Internet. It's usually one extreme or the other.

But to be fair: it is illegal to steal mail. The arrest seems to be fair and just, whether or not there is "conspiracy" going on inside the Vatican.

I'm not Catholic, I'm Wesleyan, so yes I do disapprove of the amount of wealth stored at Vatican City. However it's really not my biggest problem right now.

I'm not getting involved in this thread.

Posted Image

^ Heed the words of a wise man.

You are a guy right?