Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think that dating a bestfriend is a "hit or miss" type of thing?

AlicornSpell

I dated one of my best female friends before, but it didn't end up working out between us. And after we broke up, we weren't friends with each other anymore.

To me, if you date a bestfriend, you are risking losing them as a bestfriend if you end up breaking up with them. I have seen it happens a lot of times. So I personally wouldn't recommend dating one of your bestfriend if you are not willing to risk losing them as a bestfriend.

I however have seen some people who dated someone that was a bestfriend to them before they started dating them, and it worked out for them. So that's why I think it's a hit or miss type of thing.

However I still think that becoming friends with someone, and then start dating them, and then have them become your bestfriend is the best way to be in a romantic relationship with someone that you would consider your bestfriend.

Edited by AlicornSpell

Just now, AlicornSpell said:

I dated one of my best female friends before, but it didn't end up working out between us. And after we broke up, we weren't friends with each other anymore.

That's sad. I guess it is down to why you broke up - I have stayed friends with my exes, and indeed had previously dated (and broke up with) my current special somepony...