Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Venomous, The Hot Anime Guy Obsessed User, Something And You Will Be Much Wiser For It

Venomous

11 minutes ago, Veil said:

When you were in vet school did you learn anything about taking care of exotic animals?

Sure did! I was in a class that strictly taught exotic animal medical/general care.

Just now, Veil said:

How common is to find vets that specialize in exotic animals/ pets would you guess?

Most veterinarians and veterinary technicians specialize in the treatment of dogs & cats (at least in the United States of America). Those that specialize in exotic animal care are not incredibly common. They certainly exist but you're more likely to have to drive further to see an exotic clinic than you would for a dog and cat clinic. Some clinics that mainly see cats and dogs will also see guinea pigs or rabbits, however.

11 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Most veterinarians and veterinary technicians specialize in the treatment of dogs & cats (at least in the United States of America). Those that specialize in exotic animal care are not incredibly common. They certainly exist but you're more likely to have to drive further to see an exotic clinic than you would for a dog and cat clinic. Some clinics that mainly see cats and dogs will also see guinea pigs or rabbits, however.

I think I understand how it works. You'd basically either have to bring the animal yourself or if it's a large animal call and have them come take a look. Calling a vet to travel would be expensive of course.

24 minutes ago, Veil said:

I think I understand how it works. You'd basically either have to bring the animal yourself or if it's a large animal call and have them come take a look. Calling a vet to travel would be expensive of course.

Large animals (horses, cows, sheep, etc.) can be brought to clinics that accept them. That is actually more expensive than having a large animal vet come out to see them. This is why most basic surgical procedures, like castrations or horn removals, on these animals takes place at the location they live.

1 hour ago, Veil said:

What if it's a large cat like a tiger?

Zoos have their own special team of veterinarians that are trained to deal with exotic, wild animals. If the tiger is living in a sanctuary, the runner(s) of said sanctuary has ties with qualified veterinarians. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Why do you like wolves?

I have always loved having a dog as a companion. Wolves are just so cool and lovely creatures. I suppose I am just fascinated with them. Even som they aren’t my favorite animal. That title goes to the zebra ~

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Weird question time:

"Which of your husbando's would you be for Halloween if you had the chance?" 

I think that dressing up as Grimsley would be fun! Very sleek ~

Grimsley 10.png

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

He looks cool! 

Is Grimsley a wizard? 

He is actually from the Pokémon franchise! He was introduced in In Pokémon Black/White as an Elite Four member.

2 minutes ago, The Demon said:

Hi Venny.

How do you think you would look cosplaying as Applejack?

IMO, I think you would look really amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

I have seen some awesome cosplays of MLP:FiM characters. I think I could pull off an Applejack :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

He is actually from the Pokémon franchise! He was introduced in In Pokémon Black/White as an Elite Four member.

Oh. My bad. :muffins:

Is that why he wears that nifty robe? 

2 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

I have seen some awesome cosplays of MLP:FiM characters. I think I could pull off an Applejack :mlp_smug:

I think so too.

I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Oh. My bad. :muffins:

Is that why he wears that nifty robe? 

Well he first looked like this...

Grimsley 8.jpg

And then he changed his look in In Pokémon Sun/Moon and in Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon...

Grimsley 11.jpg

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Well he first looked like this...

Grimsley 8.jpg

So he went from looking like  a vampire...

5 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

And then he changed his look in In Pokémon Sun/Moon and in Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon...

Grimsley 11.jpg

To looking sort of like a humanized Black-Crowned Night-Heron? 

70693001-480px.jpg

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

So he went from looking like  a vampire...

To looking sort of like a humanized Black-Crowned Night-Heron? 

70693001-480px.jpg

Grimsley has great tastes.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

That is a nice looking bird, don't you think?

giphy.gif :please:

And you have great taste in movies :pinkie:

193793AA-CF21-430A-A9E2-2BF6245958C6.gif

• Brohoof 1