Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kirin stallions

Steve Piranha

Sounds of Silence is one of my top episodes. After rewatching it a few days ago, I’ve noticed a lack of stallions among the kirins. Every single kirin possessed the basic pony shape of mares. Autumn Blaze mentions a dude in her song, so there may be stallions.

An in-universe explanation would be that stallions look effeminate, but we’ve only seen girls speak. The technical explanations would be to save time, as it could have been complicated to adapt the kirin anatomy with stallions and had to cut corners by removing eyelashes what may be stallions :huh:

• Brohoof 4

1268444994_PaulPeoplesKirin.thumb.png.984630a71de00c97bea050e513945988.png

Pay no attention to the character in my avatar. :laugh:

I'm sure that Kirin stallions do exist and that it's just difficult to tell because of their body shape. 

300?cb=20181002021756

Dude in the middle there looks like a dude to me and Autumn Blaze says "boys" in her song too. 

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Dude in the middle there looks like a dude to me and Autumn Blaze says "boys" in her song too. 

Exactly. Both fact I’ve taken notice, but mainly because boys as a rule, barring Rarity without her fake eyelashes, don’t have them. Another example would be Rumble, who kept his fillyish looks even with Vincent Tong being his new voice

4 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I'm sure that Kirin stallions do exist and that it's just difficult to tell because of their body shape. 

But makes you wonder why don’t they have the stallion body shape. My theory would be mainly the scales on their front, which wouldn’t be the first instance of cutting corners due to Flash’s limitations

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

This seems to show off the male kirins. Just scroll down through 'em. :-P

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies/Kirin

As suspected, it's all based if they have eyelashes or not. Now that I notice, there seems to be an absence of divine dragon foals as well, supporting my theory of cutting corners due to the scales and possibly the manes as well

• 9 months later...
15 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, it’s official. Divine dragon horse dudes are indeed the ones without eyelashes :mlp_icwudt:

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/10/how-to-sex-kirin.html

2171980.jpeg

It was a very common fan theory, so its nothing ground breaking but cool that he addressed it. I actually like it that the females and males are not too different(other then the celestial one).

Everybody knows that eyelashes are the sex organs of cartoons. If it doesn't have eyelashes it's a dude. That said, there's some Kirin stallions in the episode. We even hear one sing when they recovered their voices. They just look effeminate.