Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 6, Series Finale Discussion

SharpWit

It's been a long journey but finally we've reached the end. The answer to who shall finally sit on the Iron Throne and the fate of Westeros shall be determined. We've seen the fury of ice, but what of the wrath of fire? What did you think of this episode? What did you think of this season overall, and the series as a whole?

But most importantly of all, will George R.R. Martin ever finish "Winds of Winter" :P

game-of-thrones-finale-daenerys-1557946534.thumb.jpg.791c286cf5cff2d233885e76683cf477.jpg

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Prometheus said:

That was probably one of the worst finales I've ever seen tbh.

It was far from perfect, but I actually shed a few tears as Tyrion cleared the bricks from his siblings and they played a sad variation of the Rains of Castamere, and enjoyed the episode for the most part up until they came to the Council of High Lords. Everything there on left me unsatisfied, with exception to Jon being reunited with Ghost.

• Brohoof 1

Although I enjoyed the season for what it was, I felt it could have been something a lot more. However, it would have needed a couple more seasons to make it so. Personally, I would have loved to have seen the Night King and his army of the dead to have caused more carnage. Let Winterfell fall with everyone fleeing for their lives only to find themselves either scattered, or trapped between Cersei and the dead. Everyone suddenly caught up in a three way struggle. Daenerys slowly losing her mind as she tries to defeat Cersei while also dealing with the army of the dead. Cersei desperate to stop Daenerys but also caught off guard after underestimating how things played out with the army of the dead. The Night King and his army of the dead spreading more and more throughout Westeros while Bran uses his abilities to find out what the Night King is truly after and how to stop him. It would have been great to have seen Theon or Jaime travel with him throughout the chaos.

I could go on and on about what I would love to have seen. :laugh:

Anyway. I'm really glad Ser Davos Seaworth, Tyrion and Tormund made it to the end. I'm still sad about Varys and Edd though.

One of my favourite parts of the whole season:

Spoiler

Don't ever change, Tormund. Don't ever change... :laugh:

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, SharpWit said:

It was far from perfect, but I actually shed a few tears as Tyrion cleared the bricks from his siblings and they played a sad variation of the Rains of Castamere, and enjoyed the episode for the most part up until they came to the Council of High Lords. Everything there on left me unsatisfied, with exception to Jon being reunited with Ghost.

I agree. The scene where Tyrion finds Jaime & Cersei's bodies was in my opinion the big emotional payoff of the episode, you genuinely felt sorry for Tyrion and all he had lost during his service to Daenerys, you even felt sorry for Jaime & Cersei. Maybe I'm alone here, but I felt absolutely nothing when Jon killed Daenerys. It was just too sudden, and of course, didn't help that she had just massacred the entire population of King's Landing without mercy.

Oh absolutely, man. The part with the Council of High Lords was where the entire episode went downhill. From Edmure Tully & Sam being humiliated for no good reason, and choosing Bran of all people to be the King mixed in with some awkward attempts at humour, it was just awful imo. Still no clue why they chose Bran, if anything Gendry had the best claim to the throne out of all of them. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm glad Jon & Ghost got reunited, he's a good boi. 

10 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Anyway. I'm really glad Ser Davos Seaworth, Tyrion and Tormund made it to the end. I'm still sad about Varys and Edd though.

One of my favourite parts of the whole season:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't ever change, Tormund. Don't ever change... :laugh:

Davos & Tormund were brilliant, love those guys. :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Prometheus said:

Maybe I'm alone here, but I felt absolutely nothing when Jon killed Daenerys. It was just too sudden, and of course, didn't help that she had just massacred the entire population of King's Landing without mercy.

The one thing I really would have changed in that scene would be to somehow have him use Long Claw instead of some small dagger. Use a meaningful weapon for a meaningful act!

• Brohoof 1