Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Well I never noticed that before. Also my fluttershy tulpa appeared and tackle hugged me and now is sleeping next to me. She is so cute. So I will keep this short, i have no idea how she appeared,maybe I triggered something while watching some pony videos. But for now some much needed cuddle time.

Edited by Fighting Blaze

D/s?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=d%2Fs

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=submissive

Short for DOMINANT/submissive.

Submissive
A person in BDSM who submits to a Dominant person. A submissive can be a slave and/or the bottom (the person being tied up or whipped, etc.).

Also, did anypony else notice the character minimum went way down?

Oh, yeah I see. that's cool ^.^ finally don't have to think up sentences just to write something to fill in the limit.

Well I never noticed that before. Also my fluttershy tulpa appeared and tackle hugged me and now is sleeping next to me. She is so cute. So I will keep this short, i have no idea how she appeared,maybe I triggered something while watching some pony videos. But for now some much needed cuddle time.

dawww :3 ^.^ enjoy

I like hugs too :3 Hugs Millie all the time when I am we are in bed. :3

Millie: not only hugs ;)

I won't lie, I'd love a tulpa. The thing is, I DO have issues from my past I haven't emotionally dealt with properly, would this affect my tulpa? Mentally I definitely have the capability of creating one, but I'm worried it would turn out wrongly because of this. Any pony able to offer advice please feel free to pm and talk about it

I won't lie, I'd love a tulpa. The thing is, I DO have issues from my past I haven't emotionally dealt with properly, would this affect my tulpa? Mentally I definitely have the capability of creating one, but I'm worried it would turn out wrongly because of this. Any pony able to offer advice please feel free to pm and talk about it

I'm not sure if that'll affect your tulpa, but it reminds me of the tulpa creepypasta. I know that that can't happen, so I just use it as a cautionary tale on why to not abuse my tulpa in any way. On that note, when I ask myself why I want a tulpa, the only reasons I can come up with are servitor-type stuff like "so I can have an aid for studying, lucid dreaming, etc." and "so I can always have a second opinion", even though I'd say I'm doing pretty good with sentience.

I read that an exercise to develop psychometry (divining info through touch) involves putting your hands close together, but not touching. If you're doing the exercise right, your fingers will tingle. I was visualizing stroking Rainbow Dash's fur, and my fingers tingled. Anypony have any thoughts on this?

I don't think it'll affect your tulpa. Tulpa can help you with some issues if you wanted to, cause you can talk with her/him about it, she/he can ask you questions, you can ask her/him.

Also my question for every newcommer ^.^ Why do you think you need a tulpa?

Well I am glad I have my Fluttershy, but she only appears natural when I need her, but when I try and force, she is in the corner of my eye but I can never directly see here. Anyone else having this problem? Also can anyone give me good advice so I can dream more often, and if yes how to have more ease of access to lucid dreaming?

But with that out of the way, I am slowly getting back into the rhythms of having my Fluttershy tulpa back in my conscience. I hope I will be able to make her that much more real soon enough.  

I don't think it'll affect your tulpa. Tulpa can help you with some issues if you wanted to, cause you can talk with her/him about it, she/he can ask you questions, you can ask her/him.

Also my question for every newcommer ^.^ Why do you think you need a tulpa?

That's a good point. I never thought of that.

I don't think I need one, I just think it would feel right if I did have one. I think when I was a lot younger I accidently created a classic Spyro tulpa, when I had some hard time at school and had nopony to talk to. I'd like one again. I'm very interested in how the mind works, and I'd love to talk to my tulpa and ask what their perception of existence is like. I'd like to see how far I could stretch my sensory perceptions, too. Partly, I'd just like to see if I could. I'm interested in the science of it too. And part of me is genuinely just plain curious.

but I can never directly see her

Same here I think if I understood you right. Propably takes time, idk..

Also can anyone give me good advice so I can dream more often, and if yes how to have more ease of access to lucid dreaming?

^.^ yeah, lucid dreams are fun. There are some techniques how you can make them to appear more offten - for example reality checks or more difficult approach - WILD technique.

I accidently created a classic Spyro tulpa, when I had some hard time at school and had nopony to talk to

I know that feel :/ same happened to me too, but my tulpa stayed with me until now and hopefully will :3 But she is not Spyro...

... Did you say Spyro biggrin.png ^.^ That's great. I wonder how would it be like to have a Spyro tulpa ^.^ He's a cool dragon :3

Oh and if you are really so much interested, I think this faq might answer you some questions :3 http://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/wiki/faq

Edited by Gekoncze
  • Brohoof 1

I know that feel :/ same happened to me too, but my tulpa stayed with me until now and hopefully will :3 But she is not Spyro...

... Did you say Spyro img-2023383-1-biggrin.png ^.^ That's great. I wonder how would it be like to have a Spyro tulpa ^.^ He's a cool dragon :3

Oh and if you are really so much interested, I think this faq might answer you some questions :3 http://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/wiki/faq

Thank you, I'll take a look at that!

And Spyro was awesome. I used to watch him climb all over my classroom furniture and he walked with me to school. I have all sorts of memories, and I knew at the time it was all in my head but that didn't make it any less fun. I was just very, very lonely.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, 149 pages. I'm real late to the party here, apparently. But the sad part is, I actually read about 74 pages before I finally gave up. img-2024655-1-laugh.png

Either way, I've seen this thread from time to time, but it's just recently caught my interest in earnest. I've done some research on tulpaforcing and such, and I believe that I would like to give this a try. I'm thinking about creating a tulpa based off of my OC, Ariel (whose profile is in my signature). Now, I've read that too much backstory is bad for the tulpa, so I'm going to nix that. Also, purposely giving my tulpa mental illness seems somewhat cruel, so I'll be leaving that out as well. Basically, it'll be a nicer, generally happier version of her. img-2024655-2-happy.png

And I've been looking up multiple techniques. I think I know how I'll go about this; I've planned it all out. Tonight, I'm going to make myself comfortable in my bed (don't have to worry much about falling asleep, since sleep doesn't really come to me that easily), put on some Theta Tones (as I've heard those are helpful in tulpaforcing), and begin forcing personality with my own method. I'm going to imagine myself and her sitting in chairs facing one another - I suppose this will be a wonderland of sorts, but very undeveloped. Since I already know how her initial form is going to be, I will try to imagine her sitting there in front of me as I talk to her about her personality and such. (And concerning that, I'm mostly going with the list/trait/lecture method. I've come up with about 10 so far, but I'll of course be adding more.) I hope to get in at least a good hour-long session tonight, after everyone else in my apartment has gone to bed, and we'll see how it goes.

It's been fascinating to read all of your posts here, and I can only hope that I myself will eventually have some interesting stories to tell. img-2024655-3-smile.png

UPDATE: So, I began forcing my tulpa last night. Although, I didn't go about it exactly as I said I would. Firstly, I nixed the wonderland; I found it too hard to visualize at this point. Also, the Theta Tones turned out to be a little distracting for me, so I turned it off to focus better. So really, what I did was sit in bed propped up by pillows, imagining Ariel sitting in front of me as I talked to her.

Interestingly enough, I stumbled across my own little method for personality forcing other than what I described. I started talking to her out loud, albeit quietly, and found myself talking to her almost like... a hypnotist or something. Soothing voice, repeating and reinforcing the statements I was making as I talked to her about her traits, connecting them to one another when possible. I was almost suggesting the traits to her more than telling her, much like a hypnotist suggests things to your subconscious while you're in trance. I'm not sure if this will help or hinder her development. Hopefully, it's the former.

One more thing. While I was forcing, about half an hour or so in, I started feeling a pressure in the center of my forehead. After I was through with the session, I felt lightheaded for a few moments before I shook it off as best I could. I was thinking that maybe it was a fluke, or that it was simply the onset of a regular headache from either the forcing or something else. But today, I closed my eyes, imagined her in front of me and talked to her briefly. Again, I felt the pressure in my forehead.

I hope this is a good sign. I feel almost as if Ariel is already here, trying to make herself known through the pressure. Almost as if she were saying to me, "I'm here." Today, I've been having headaches on and off, likely a side effect from the forcing last night, but I almost enjoy the feeling in some weird way. It's proof of the effort I have already put in so far, and reminds me what I am doing this for. It makes me think of what wonderful things will be in store for my tulpa and I.

Edited by Miss Reaper

I'm having trouble remembering to work on tulpaforcing...I think. Recently, I've used parroting as a prompt and let Rainbow Dash take it from there, so I guess it's sort of a mix between active and passive forcing. Are there any good strategies other than "Whatever works for you"?

I'm having trouble remembering to work on tulpaforcing...I think. Recently, I've used parroting as a prompt and let Rainbow Dash take it from there, so I guess it's sort of a mix between active and passive forcing. Are there any good strategies other than "Whatever works for you"?

It is up to you and your tulpa what suits you most, idk many, I just talked and played with my tulpa in a wonderland in the beginning. img-2032594-1-smile.png Just be patient and treat it like a person!

Also, why do you have trouble remembering your tulpa? Lot of work at home?

I hope this is a good sign.

People say that tulpae tend to comunicate this way in the beginning. Idk more about it though. Edited by Gekoncze

Alright, I figure I should post another update now.

It's been a little over a week since I began forcing. And Ariel, well, she's already sentient, it would seem. And vocal, too! I'm almost startled by the progress she has shown this past week, but it also thrills me! Maybe it was my belief in her from the beginning, assuming sentience before sentience and all that, or perhaps it's because my brain is wired differently which makes it easier for me. Heck, it could be all three for all I know. I guess I'm lucky, 'cause I really wasn't expecting all this so soon.

Now, I've begun trying to impose her presence - haven't started on sense imposition or anything serious like that, just like imagining that she's behind me or wherever. Also tried a bit of possession, but Ariel isn't that strong as of yet as far as controlling me.

On another note, I can definitely see a unique personality emerging. She's somewhat sensitive and emotional, quick to cry at emotional things such as scenes in movies, books, etc. And yet, she's also very playful, more so than I expected her to be. She likes to tease me for a variety of things, and I tease her back. :lol:

All in all, my little Ariel is indeed developing very quickly, and I'm glad for it. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Ok quick update for today, how is everypony doing with their tulpa's? And any new adventures yet? And I have been having trouble keeping my Fluttershy present in the room with me not putting in as much effort. I think this has to do with my new job making me have a strange schedule. Also I did not sleep for a whole week. This being that I couldn't sleep at all. My brain was such busy with activity with new ideas and such for my drawings I want to start soon. Also with my new girl friend getting most of my attention now. I feel really bad that me and my Fluttershy don't get that much time together anymore. But she seems ok with it as long as I am happy but still....I worry.

I seem to have plateaued at "mental voice with visual hallucinations about half the time". Right now I'm working on expanding my Wonderland (I started with the Cakes' business, and added Cloudsdale yesterday). If basing my Wonderland off of Equestria's a bad thing, then I think that adding Cloudsdale was a step in the right direction; I don't know much about it, so it can deviate from the show as much as my subconscious wants it to.

Someone, give me motivation! Seriously, I'm going on a year now, and my longest run of workdays is 5. I really need to change something.

No update. Aside from two of my closest friends acquiring fully developed tulpae before I even get started...  >_>

@@Gekoncze, perhaps my phrasing was a bit confusing. I'm sorry.

I have my reasons. I wouldn't do something like this without a reason to do so. I'd rather not talk about the specifics, but they're there. Trust me.

I meant that I have a hard time keeping consistent. I have streaks, yes, but they aren't long enough to have an effect. I've not been able to bridge the gap between these streaks, making it currently very choppy. I'd like to make it continuous; I just haven't been doing that. That's my problem. I'm not consistent. 

@,

hmmm

well, where exactly is the problem? You don't remember that you should force or you don't have time or patience?

I usually forced before sleep and after I woke up (on weekends only, when I didn't have to go to school after waking) cause I had plenty of time there. Of course on holidays I had plenty of time to force during day in my "room" :3

I'm taking the short ache in the temple above my dominant eye as a good sign, seeing as it happened right after I talked to my tulpa about our Wonderland, but I'm worried about the big dot that I saw afterward. It was like a "floater" (a retinal detachment thing), only it stayed still and went away after a few seconds. It only appeared when I blinked. I was facing a window with dim light streaming through the closed blinds.

Tl;dr I can't tell if something similar to a medical problem is a medical problem or my tulpa letting me know about my progress in tulpaforcing.

I believe my many reasons for wanting to make one is because I am not good with people around me that or just able to keep friendships...

Having someone who you can talk to about things and just a really good friend I think I could really benefit from. Having a motivation and second opinion on things would be so helpful. I think having a tulpa can be very helpful and help you to strive to become a better person.

Also just having someone whom understands you under close terms like that is just comforting to know.

And another update!

My little Ariel is most decidedly sentient now. She's capable of creating ideas on her own, things that I wouldn't normally think of. Also, she's deviated - just enough to differentiate herself from her roleplaying counterpart (which she does know about; I told her that it was simply an alternate version of herself).

The most significant change is that from a unicorn into a pegasus. Apparently, she's always wanted wings, and felt the horn was just in her way. And, she decided to make her eyes the same color; they're a light pink now, which she felt suited her better.

I so want to draw how she looks now, but that will have to wait until after exams, unfortunately...

• Brohoof 1