Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I have to say I'm pretty surprised at some of the stories in this thread. It's not even 2 months old and a few of you claim to have more or less fully tulpae already. :blink: Dedication is clearly the way. ~

I'm not in doubt that it would be awesome if I managed to get this working, but I still have trouble imagining how I would talk to something only I can see without it looking rather, uh, suspicious.

Get a bluetooth in your ear, pretend you're talking on phone, problem solved. Or you can talk in your head.

Get a bluetooth in your ear, pretend you're talking on phone, problem solved. Or you can talk in your head.

Even using a bluetooth would be sort of awkward, I believe. Talking in my head shall be the solution. Will there be any adverse effects from this, though? It probably won't feel like I'm actually talking to something if I'm just thinking the words.

Even using a bluetooth would be sort of awkward, I believe. Talking in my head shall be the solution. Will there be any adverse effects from this, though? It probably won't feel like I'm actually talking to something if I'm just thinking the words.

There shouldn't be any real noticeable change in your behavior. What you should do, though, is talk as if your tulpa is already completed. (So you have to have an idea of what your tulpa is like before you start) Verbal narrating (talking aloud) is the best method. Dedicate an empty space to be the place where your Tulpa will be and talk to it. It slowly, but surely, begin to form.

I've researched tulpas and I definitely want one :3 who wouldn't want a REAL life pony? :wub: And how does one make a tulpa?

Research the guides provided at the first post and start from there. Make sure that if you want to base a tulpa off of a show character that it isn't constrained to the show in any way.

(edited)

There shouldn't be any real noticeable change in your behavior. What you should do, though, is talk as if your tulpa is already completed. (So you have to have an idea of what your tulpa is like before you start) Verbal narrating (talking aloud) is the best method. Dedicate an empty space to be the place where your Tulpa will be and talk to it. It slowly, but surely, begin to form.

I'm still pretty confused. D: D'you think it'll be possible to create a complete tulpa from the basic personality and visualization as well as the narrating all mentally? And as for narrating, do you think there'll be any problems with having a language other than English? I personally hate my own language and would very much prefer to communicate in English, but I'm not too sure if my subconscious knows that.

Fede-lasse might be able to relate to this problem considering we're both Danish, but for all I know he might just love them soft consonants.

Edited by Shaoni

(edited)

There wont be any negative effects coming from talking in your head, just that tulpas seem to like it more when you talking to them out loud. It can also theoretically help with auditory hallucinations(actually hearing your tulpa)when s/he becomes vocal.

And as for language, your tulpa can speak any language you speak, wether it be from English to Mandarin, so talk any language you prefer. Heck, I talk in English even in my head rather than my native language Finnish.

Edited by Nikodemos

There wont be any negative effects coming from talking in your head, just that tulpas seem to like it more when you talking to them out loud. It can also theoretically help with auditory hallucinations(actually hearing your tulpa)when s/he becomes vocal.

And as for language, your tulpa can speak any language you speak, wether it be from English to Mandarin, so talk any language you prefer. Heck, I talk in English even in my head rather than my native language Finnish.

Oh, I figured, and I don't believe it'll be a problem when communicating mentally, but for vocal communication wouldn't it be natural for a manifestation of your subconscious to speak in the language it knows best? What I'm saying probably doesn't make sense, so if it doesn't nevermind. :P

Oh, I figured, and I don't believe it'll be a problem when communicating mentally, but for vocal communication wouldn't it be natural for a manifestation of your subconscious to speak in the language it knows best? What I'm saying probably doesn't make sense, so if it doesn't nevermind. :P

It's the same thing out loud too. I could speak a mix of English, Finnish and even Swedish out loud to Dante, and he'd still understand. So no worries about language.

It's the same thing out loud too. I could speak a mix of English, Finnish and even Swedish out loud to Dante, and he'd still understand. So no worries about language.

Ah, I see. I guess I should start making a list of traits for now... I'm gonna try listening to Fede's super special ultra tones to see if it makes it easier to do the actual tulpaforcing.

• Brohoof 1

I'm surprised that this is possible, but I'm guessing it would take a ton of hard work to create a being entirely existing within the realm of your mind.

The real question though is........Is this considered "Insanity"? This has the possibility to become a huge psychological/ethical debate.

I feel like if one created a tulpa then it would be a slippery slope to start interacting more with imaginary things then real things, and then if one extrapolated the idea, you could stop interacting with the world altogether and be, to everyone else, in a coma-like state forever.

Howeeeveer, if one could control it and still keep interacting with the real world "normally", it'd be fine. For example I have voices in my head that discuss each opinion I could have of a topic, forming my thought process and helping me deal with which side I choose on a topic.

Ah, I see. I guess I should start making a list of traits for now... I'm gonna try listening to Fede's super special ultra tones to see if it makes it easier to do the actual tulpaforcing.

Here's my opinion on Fede's tones:

Just replace "snake juice" with "Fede's tones," and "drink" with "listen"

The more you know

Wordswordswords

I'm suddenly scared that tulpae are in fact hallucinations created from listening to Fede's hypnotic tones, and eventually he will use them to take over the world.

But okay, I'll listen to them.

• Brohoof 1

I'm surprised that this is possible, but I'm guessing it would take a ton of hard work to create a being entirely existing within the realm of your mind.

The real question though is........Is this considered "Insanity"? This has the possibility to become a huge psychological/ethical debate.

I feel like if one created a tulpa then it would be a slippery slope to start interacting more with imaginary things then real things, and then if one extrapolated the idea, you could stop interacting with the world altogether and be, to everyone else, in a coma-like state forever.

Howeeeveer, if one could control it and still keep interacting with the real world "normally", it'd be fine. For example I have voices in my head that discuss each opinion I could have of a topic, forming my thought process and helping me deal with which side I choose on a topic.

To counter your question about insanity, can you define me what sane is then? From my viewpoint, being insane would mean having a skewed moral compass, no sense of right or wrong etc. It is really debatable to define sanity and insanity clearly, but having a tulpa doesn't count as insanity for me. I mean, it's cool and all to have a tulpa that knows your every thought, but it's not a replacement for your real life.

And falling in to a coma-like state for interacting too little with the real world? That'd be like falling in to a coma by daydreaming or sleeping too much, not really plausible.

A tulpa is a hallucination that is an extension of your subconscious, imposed into the reality around you. It is merely adding something to the world to interact with, not changing it, so it shouldn't be the cause of any insanity. Probably the most insane you could appear to be would be talking audibly to the Tulpa in the presence of others, which of course, you would want to avoid.

Probably the most insane you could appear to be would be talking audibly to the Tulpa in the presence of others, which of course, you would want to avoid.

Unless, of course, you're just too dang cool to care.

But really, yeah, try not to do that. :P I usually try to talk to my tulpa aloud as much as I can, even if it's a whisper. Otherwise, in your head is fine. Things just may take a little longer.

But making a Pinkie Tulpa..... there's not telling what it can do!

to be honest I've tried this before, even before I knew the name of it xD

I'll try and give it a go again...... Pinkie here I come!

You have to talk to it constantly or else it will go away forever. Now, you can spend several hours not talking to it once it is done. The longer you have it, the longer you have to ignore it to kill it. But they often wonder off on their own apparently.

NOTE: I have only researched, no forcing has begun due to an overloaded schedule.

Reply number 500, baby! Anyway, this can be easily produced through narcotics. Haha. So although Princess Luna is my favorite pony, I would actually produce a Rainbow Dash just for her personality.

Also, it is very possible to produce a tulpa at will...in five seconds. I just thought about producing a Rainbow Dash, and "Boom!", Rainbow Dash is flying around the room, telling me to get off the computer and go outside. She just flew outside as I typed this. Now she's calling me outside. I'm ignoring her. Now she's calling me boring. Anyway, if anybody wants to know how I did it, you can ask. It literally took me five seconds to produce her, and now I am kind of scared. Though I feel my mind is strong enough to handle this.

• Brohoof 1

Reply number 500, baby! Anyway, this can be easily produced through narcotics. Haha. So although Princess Luna is my favorite pony, I would actually produce a Rainbow Dash just for her personality.

Also, it is very possible to produce a tulpa at will...in five seconds. I just thought about producing a Rainbow Dash, and "Boom!", Rainbow Dash is flying around the room, telling me to get off the computer and go outside. She just flew outside as I typed this. Now she's calling me outside. I'm ignoring her. Now she's calling me boring. Anyway, if anybody wants to know how I did it, you can ask. It literally took me five seconds to produce her, and now I am kind of scared. Though I feel my mind is strong enough to handle this.

Yes, forcing a hallucination is easy. Now try adding your subconscious into that and getting a real, educated conversation going. That takes time.

Yes, forcing a hallucination is easy. Now try adding your subconscious into that and getting a real, educated conversation going. That takes time.

No, it is kind of happening right now. Rainbow Dash keeps bugging me, and I'm speaking to it telepathically to "let it go.". Now she's wondering why I've produced her in the first place. I am laughing out loud, and she's shouting "Why are you laughing." She's actually grabbing my hands. I can feel her hooves on my hands, trying to drag them away from the keypad.

No, it is kind of happening right now. Rainbow Dash keeps bugging me, and I'm speaking to it telepathically to "let it go.". Now she's wondering why I've produced her in the first place. I am laughing out loud, and she's shouting "Why are you laughing." She's actually grabbing my hands. I can feel her hooves on my hands, trying to drag them away from the keypad.

You're hilarious. I'm not sure if that's an attempt at a joke, but it looks an awful lot like a trolling attempt to me, so yeah. That talks for itself.

(edited)

You're hilarious. I'm not sure if that's an attempt at a joke, but it looks an awful lot like a trolling attempt to me, so yeah. That talks for itself.

Well, you can believe whatever you want. I am just stating that it is completely possible, and although one can come up with a method that is probably also legitimate because it takes 1-3 months does not mean that it cannot take five seconds. Maybe I had a talent for it all along. Who knows? I just know that Rainbow Dash is staring me down right now for not budging. Oh, she just flew away with a "huff".

Edited by MallaJong1

Well, you can believe whatever you want. I am just stating that is completely possible, and although one can come up with a method that probably also legitimate because it takes 1-3 months does not mean that it cannot take five seconds. Maybe I had a talent for it all along. Who knows? I just know that Rainbow Dash is staring me down right now for not budging. Oh, she just flew away with a "huff".

Yeah, that's awesome, and it would be cool if that was actually the case, but the point of this thread is to discuss an existing phenomenon. Sure it's possible that you've produced a pastel colored horse from your nostrils in 10 seconds flat, you're a medical miracle, but you're making it quite obvious you don't actually believe something like this is possible.

I would obviously never believe it if anyone claimed it was a spiritual thing, since spiritual stuff doesn't exist. However, the concept of a thought form is entirely logical and not at all based on magic and such.

If you've got any actual arguments for thinking what you think, I'll discuss that any day. However, edgy comments like the ones you just posted are obviously just here to spawn attention (hence my use of the term troll), and I'm not going to take the bait and continue this argument if that's all you've got.

So yeah. Sorry for any typos or nonsensical shit in my post, it's 5 AM why the hell am I awake