Ok so we know that G5 is being animated by Boulder Media

Plonkett

Ok so we know that G5 is being animated by Boulder Media  

6 users have voted

1. 1. How should G5 be animated?

• Puppet rigged
    • Hand drawn

(edited)

Since G5 will be animated by Boulder Media using the Toon Boom Harmony software (just like Rainbow Road Trip), how would you like to see the show animated? Would you like it to be puppet rigged just like the movie and Rainbow Road Trip, or would you like it to hand drawn, Disney style? I'd personally like it to be hand drawn, but obviously puppet rigging is faster and more convenient for the animators.

Edited by vgmaster9

(edited)

Hand drawn animation is dead, even Disney has abandoned it in favor of computer animation. Though you can argue that they still technically draw the characters by hand on the computer and make rough sketches by hand on paper, no cartoon is hand drawn Disney style anymore. This is a pointless speculation topic due to there being nothing to speculate, we know without any shadow of a doubt that it's going to be animated on a computer. :maud: 

I went with puppet rigging. If it's easier for them, fine by me, since I don't really care how they do it so long as it doesn't hurt my eyes. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Ignore the first paragraph, I was confused.

4 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Hand drawn animation is dead, even Disney has abandoned it in favor of computer animation. Though you can argue that they still technically draw the characters by hand on the computer and make rough sketches by hand on paper, no cartoon is hand drawn Disney style anymore. This is a pointless speculation topic due to there being nothing to speculate, we know without any shadow of a doubt that it's going to be animated on a computer. :maud: 

Where have you been? Almost all hand drawn animation these days are done one computer. Just because it's hand drawn doesn't mean it's on paper, there's a thing called drawing tablets you know.

19 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

Where have you been? Almost all hand drawn animation these days are done one computer. Just because it's hand drawn doesn't mean it's on paper, there's a thing called drawing tablets you know.

On 6/20/2019 at 1:31 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Though you can argue that they still technically draw the characters by hand on the computer

Dude, I draw on a drawing tablet. Don't flip the script on me here and try to make me look stupid. You clearly said "hand drawn Disney style" when Disney has not made a hand drawn film since Winnie the Pooh, which was in fact, traditionally animated, meaning no computer animation was involved (with the exception of digital ink and paint done on the drawings). Not trying to say that you're stupid, and I admittedly got confused. However, don't blame people for getting confused when it's your responsibility to word these topics appropriately.    

• 9 months later...

I don't know anymore. It will be a long time until G5 comes out. By then, they might get a cheaper animation company to do the work!

But Pony Life, who animates it? That's an interesting question!

• 3 months later...