Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ALERT: Maradice Isle needs tileset artists to stay alive!

bulldozerman185

I never thought I would be coming on here to report this, but this situation is beginning to get out of hand.

I'm beginning to think it may not be possible to continue Maradice Isle's development any further due to a lack of tileset artists to work on the game environments.

I handled the tilesets just fine by myself when the game was still in it's early stages of development, but now that we're in Equestria itself, I just can't do it anymore. I don't even know how to begin working on Ponyville, the next stop on the list for the main party to visit.

I hate to say it, but if I can't find anyone to help work on the tilesets, I may ultimately end up canceling the game altogether. And NOBODY will win when that happens.

If your familiar with RPG Maker VX Ace and firmly believe you can help out with the tilesets, get in touch with me ASAP. I've tried my best to do this, and I simply lack the skill to do so. I need help to get these tilesets made, and I REALLY don't want to throw away all the wonderful work that's been accomplished here.

Equality Shrine.PNG

BTW, are you using RPG Maker VX/Ace for your game?  Because I can edit the game itself and use the tile sets I found on DeviantArt.com for your background.  Can you send me your work in progress via email?  My Gmail is tgir279@gmail.com.  Thanks!!  :-D

Sigh... it appears as if we have another problem to deal with: Our wonderful composer, who has handled the games soundtrack up to this point, has recently enlisted in the military, meaning she can no longer work on the soundtrack. Guess it's back to using the remastered Golden Sun soundtrack for awhile. Not that I'm complaining; That soundtrack RULES!!

Say, SparkleSan, I sent you an email at the address above. Did you ever get it?

I hate to say it, but at this point in development, I simply can't just send the Work-In-progress to just anyone. Simply because the games filesize is so big, it would take WAY to long to do that. I have another solution that's in that email. I would appreciate it if you could check it and reply back as soon as possible.

9 hours ago, bulldozerman185 said:

Say, SparkleSan, I sent you an email at the address above. Did you ever get it?

I hate to say it, but at this point in development, I simply can't just send the Work-In-progress to just anyone. Simply because the games filesize is so big, it would take WAY to long to do that. I have another solution that's in that email. I would appreciate it if you could check it and reply back as soon as possible.

I didn't see it in my gmail.  Please help.

I got the message I had written out here:

"It gives me great pleasure that somebody out there wishes to help out with Maradice Isle and help keep it alive. However, there is one big problem: The game files are VEEEEERY big, and it could take a full week between uploading it, waiting for you to edit it, and then send it back to me.

The better option by far would be to send you the base's that are used to create the tilesets, and you can put all the necessary sprites into them. After that, I can directly import them into the game over the current ones. It'll be much less time consuming then SLOWLY uploading the work-in-progress twice in a row just to update the tilesets ( how do you even GET those, anyway? ).

Also, I STRONGLY suggest joining our development Discord channel, where we're all pitching around ideas and staying in contact to work on the game. I have the code right here: "VabKgSC" Please note that once you join, you'll need to manually be added to the "Supporters" role before you can see or post messages. This is to help keep spam and bots out of the channel.

Let me know what you think ASAP. Thanks!"

I can send the bases for all the tilesets here.

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, bulldozerman185 said:

I got the message I had written out here:

"It gives me great pleasure that somebody out there wishes to help out with Maradice Isle and help keep it alive. However, there is one big problem: The game files are VEEEEERY big, and it could take a full week between uploading it, waiting for you to edit it, and then send it back to me.

The better option by far would be to send you the base's that are used to create the tilesets, and you can put all the necessary sprites into them. After that, I can directly import them into the game over the current ones. It'll be much less time consuming then SLOWLY uploading the work-in-progress twice in a row just to update the tilesets ( how do you even GET those, anyway? ).

Also, I STRONGLY suggest joining our development Discord channel, where we're all pitching around ideas and staying in contact to work on the game. I have the code right here: "VabKgSC" Please note that once you join, you'll need to manually be added to the "Supporters" role before you can see or post messages. This is to help keep spam and bots out of the channel.

Let me know what you think ASAP. Thanks!"

I can send the bases for all the tilesets here.

Awesome!!  I can find a tutorial on how to make tile sets and see what I can come up with.B):-D

• Brohoof 1

Fantastic. I got the tileset bases right here.

The base Lower_Tileset is used for the ground sprites.
base Staits_Tileset is used for anything involving stairs.
base Wall_Tileset is used for walls, as well as the roofs of said walls. This is the one used to make all the houses in the game.
And lastly the Blank Tileset is used for all those other sprites used for everything from doors, plants, scenery, background objects, and the like. Up to 3 of these can be used per map, in combination with the other 3 tileset types ( much more then RPG Maker 2003 ).

I doubt you'll have any trouble getting them to work. So have at it and good luck!

Base Lower_Tileset.png

Base Stairs_Tileset.png

Base Wall_Tileset.png

Blank Tileset.png

• Brohoof 2

How's it looking so far? And I forgot to mention earlier, but are you only doing the Ponyville sprites, or will you be doing all the tilesets for the locations in that game? I do want to be able to include famous areas like Canterlot and the like.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey again. Hope all is going well with those tilesets. I understand things have probably been a little chaotic lately, for both of us. I've been taking the time off to polish up some of the games content, such as balancing the gameplay a little.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, StormyVenture said:

Awesome!!  I'll take a look at these later today and see what I can come up with.  ;)

That's excellent. While this has been going on, I've been able to spend some time fine-tuning the gameplay, mainly with balancing the game out.

I got a few complains from players saying that Spark, one of the Thunder spells, was too overpowered, since it could utterly demolish the bosses and if used on the player by enemies, could quickly lead to some cheap deaths. Especially on Lava Mountain.

Now that magic spells are no longer able to critical, and Spark itself having been nerfed, all those issues should be fixed. Hopefully that'll make the game more enjoyable.