Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM Complete Music Analysis - Yay or Nay?

Senn555

As if I don't have enough on my plate already.

This idea popped into my head a couple of days ago - yet I've been feeling really out of it lately (not motivated to do anything beyond my part-time paper delivery job); thus, I haven't so much as started on it.

I'd love to tackle a complete music analysis with in-depth notes that covers each and every single song and cue in the series - yes, that would include all instrumental/background music. I'd like to do this primarily for any people and crew involved in putting together an FiM soundtrack, to make their job a little bit easier, and also to decide musical arrangement/sequencing on CD. There's a lot of reused and recycled underscore in the show - it wasn't so evident in season one, but I'm REALLY noticing it a lot as season two progresses.

It would look like something similar to this:

http://filmscoremont...71736&archive=0

La-La Land Records mentioned that they were in talks with Hasbro in a recent post (SOURCE: click). The process appears to be very slow - it could take many more months, if not years, before FiM sees its music released on CD. In the meantime, I'd like to throw something together to help them out - though my own project would take a number of weeks to do. (I'd have to comb through 35 episodes and counting!)

What do y'all think?

Now that I've posted this, I'd better start on it tomorrow and stop being lazy.

Sounds amazing! If you're up for the weeks of work and you know you'll enjoy and have blast doing this, go right ahead! I'm all for this and would love to see the results!

It would be cool to see the analysis and could help in the development of future eps soundtrack by recognizing the work of the show's musical team, another words yay. Edited by 83awsm

Would it include properly cleaned rips of every single musical cue? If so, then "double yay". :D

At this point, I'm very strongly going to say no. Not in the short term, anyhow - doing that would take far longer than writing up the analysis itself would - and it would take months, maybe years, to rip every single musical piece. I might throw in the cues that have already been ripped thus far, though.

It would be cool to see the analysis and could help in the development of future eps soundtrack by recognizing the work of the show's musical team, another words yay.

I don't expect my written analysis to have that kind of an impact on the show, unfortunately. Most of season 2's post-production work has already been completed by this point, and the show's staff is already starting voice recording work on season 3.

Edited by Senn555