Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

list of everything to watch

clown4u

hi hi! i really wanna get into mlp again and i was wondering, since im a bit out of the loop right now, whats everything i should watch? the entire friendship is magic show, obviously, but what are all of the eg specials? im not sure how many there are, and all of the other movies and extra stuff. also, do in what order should i watch it, like, the show first and then movies? or some movies and then parts of the show? i need help :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

You should go by order of release since it's pretty chronological from my understanding, but I'm also a bit behind myself. I'm pretty sure you stop after season 7 to watch the MLP Movie though, before continuing with the last two seasons. Plus there's a Christmas special to fit in, and I have no idea where the shorts go. The MLP Wiki would probably be a good source to check out on all of the content.

• Brohoof 3

@clown4u

I will be moving your thread to Show Discussion as it is discussing FIM directly. I'd recommend taking a look at the MLP Wiki to see all the episodes, shorts, EQG specials, and more. I'd also recommend watching by order of release. You don't wanna miss anything! :kirin:

• Brohoof 2

@clown4u here's a rather rough list i put together (with the help of the wiki), best of luck

1. season 1
  2. season 2
  3. season 3
  4. equestria girls
  5. season 4
  6. equestria girls rainbow rocks prequel shorts (music to my ears, guitar centered, hamstocalypse now, pinkie on the one, player piano, a case for the bass, shake your tail, perfect day for fun)
  7. equestria girls rainbow rocks
  8. equestria girls rainbow rocks encore shorts (life is a runway, my past is not today, friendship through the ages)
  9. season 5
  10. equestria girls friendship games prequel shorts (the science of magic, pinkie spy, all's fair in love & friendship games, photo finished, a banner day)
  11. equestria girls friendship games
  12. season 6 
  13. my little pony baby flurry heart's heartfelt scrapbook shorts (the royal wedding, foal sitting 101, all about alicorns, cutie mark magic, saving the crystal empire, hearth's warming eve, nightmare night, equestria: land of harmony, the crystalling, the magic of friendship)
  14. equestria girls legend of everfree
  15. my little pony rarity's peek behind the boutique (fashion do's and don'ts, fashion vs. function, customer critiques)
  16. season 7
  17. equestria girls specials (dance magic, movie magic, mirror magic)
  18. equestria girls summertime shorts (make up shake up, a photo booth story, raise this roof, steps of pep, mad twience, monday blues, pet project, subs rock, shake things up!, the art of friendship, the canterlot movie club, leaping off the page, get the show on the road, epic fails, coinky-dink world, good vibes)
  19. my little pony the movie
  20. equestria girls forgotten friendship
  21. equestria girls better together (season 1) (school of rock, a fine line, pinkie sitting, queen of clubs, overpowered, the finals countdown, star crossed, my little shop of horrors, display of affection, a little birdie told me, super squad goals, road trippin, x marks the spot, aww... baby turtles, lost and found, too hot to handle, unsolved selfie mysteries, the salty sails, blue crushed, turf war, friendship math, the last day of school, outtakes, pinkie pie: snack psychic, five to nine, so much more to me, the other side)
  22. equestria girls choose your own ending (season 1) (best trends forever, fluttershy's butterflies, text support, stressed in show, driving miss shimmer, rarity investigates: the case of the bedazzled boot, all the world's off stage, constructive criticism, opening night, happily ever after party)
  23. season 8
  24. equestria girls rollercoaster of friendship
  25. my little pony the best gift ever
  26. my little pony the best gift ever shorts (triple pony dare ya, the great escape room, mystery voice)
  27. equestria girls springbreakdown
  28. equestria girls sunset's backstage pass
  29. equestria girls better together (season 2) (reboxing with spike!, diy with applejack, the craft of cookies, street magic with trixie!, sic skateboard, street chic, game stream, best in show: the pre-show, best in show: the victory lap, schedule swap, twilight under the stars, five stars, fomo, i'm on a yacht, run to break free, camping must-haves, festival filters, how to backstage, festival looks, five lines you need to stand in, let it rain, do it for the ponygram, find the magic, cheer you on)
  30. my little pony shorts (rarity's biggest fan, ail-icorn, teacher of the month, starlight the hypnotist, sundae sundae sundae)
  31. my little pony: rainbow roadtrip
  32. season 9
  33. equestria girls choose your own ending (season 2) (wake-up!, the last drop, inclement leather, lost and pound, accountibilibuddies, the road less scheduled, sock it to me, tip toppings, costume conundrum)
  34. equestria girls holidays unwrapped (airs tomorrow)
  • Brohoof 6

28 minutes ago, Zero said:
  • season 8
  • equestria girls rollercoaster of friendship
  • the best gift ever
  • equestria girls springbreakdown
  • equestria girls sunset's backstage pass
  • equestria girls better together (season 2) (reboxing with spike!, diy with applejack, the craft of cookies, street magic with trixie!, sic skateboard, street chic, game stream, best in show: the pre-show, best in show: the victory lap, schedule swap, twilight under the stars, five stars, fomo, i'm on a yacht, run to break free, camping must-haves, festival filters, how to backstage, festival looks, five lines you need to stand in, let it rain, do it for the ponygram, find the magic, cheer you on)
  • season 9

There are also the shorts for the show, like starlight the hypnotist, but yeah pretty much what you wrote.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

There are also the shorts for the show, like starlight the hypnotist, but yeah pretty much what you wrote.

good point, went ahead and edited those into my posts 

I'd also recommend you to watch the EQG series, especially the shorts. I think they are more true to the spirit of the show. You're missing a lot if you only watch the movies and not the shorts.

And also there are the IDW comics series which I barely scratched the surface.

There was also an MLP special short where Celestia teaches students about magic at school.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

The list by @Zero has almost everything. There is also the Fundamentals of Magic series of five shorts – not something you absolutely need to see, but still fun. :) And a series of CGI shorts called Equestria Girls Minis – those are pretty pointless, though, and less than four minutes of content combined.

• Brohoof 5

The My Little Pony wiki at fandom.com has good lists for Friendship is Magic here and Equestria Girls here. There's also a whole slew of web promos, including Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook and Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique among others, which can be found in the wiki's commercials category. Those are pretty inessential but they're there if you're interested.  

I'll be an ass and say watch Season 1-5 and S7 and call it a day. There are bits of S8 that are worth watching though, and the Movie is pretty good.