Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Conception of Megan Williams

Steve Piranha

Probably the same reason Spike Witwicky exists, they wanted that human character kids could relate too

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Anyone has information about the creation, conception, or anything other than what was shown in the series about Megan Williams?

I imagine that she and her siblings were conceived in the usual mammalian fashion - it's the ponies they hung out with that are of more dubious origin.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:04 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Anyone has information about the creation, conception, or anything other than what was shown in the series about Megan Williams?

Hm. How do I put this....well, when a mommy human and a daddy human love each other very much...

This is an interesting topic to me, as I have a passion for animation in general.

I couldn't find much with a medium amount of research. There IS an image - as someone posted on the comments on the G1 wiki - from the original 85 writers' guide showing Megan and her siblings were there from the very start. (link)

But on a related tangent, it was generally par for the course in that era to have humans involved in some way to make cartoons more relatable to the audience. The Care Bears (which came out just before G1) had the various kids they helped, the Smurfs had Gargamel (at least), and so on.

It would take some time until it was normal to go without a human intermediary. Heck, LPS had humans up until A World of Our Own in 2018.