Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Irate Gamer is back

Sparkleberry

And i will say. To people who say he ripped off AVGN.

First of all. AVGN published a private email by Irate Gamer on his site. I just consider AVGN and everything about it to be complete jerks. Its why i legit hate AVGN and i have zero respect for the guy. And also another thing

I doubt he was the first one who made the whole ("being angry on cam thing") for ref. Look up the 1997 vid footage of a guy beating up a computer. Which was uploaded in 2006 on youtube.. 2 days before AVGN uploaded his on youtube (probably to see if it got him popular.)

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bad-day

AVGN is simply Apple company of youtube. I just find him to be a jerk. Irate Gamer i consider the rejected microsoft worker. Atleast i know i get the stuff and doesnt try to make it more than it is. But missed Irate Gamer! Cant wait to see his reviews again

Edited by Sparkleberry
  • Brohoof 1

Everyone knows AVGN did not invent the "angry review", he just popularized it. Like it or not, that is a feat. Hating him just for posting an e-mail is ridiculous and I actually did my research to find out that it was a nice e-mail that James (or Mike) only posted because IG didn't reply to him in time. His fans would never have given him more hate for that if they didn't already dislike him and it's not James' job to police his fans. Though I've never cared for IG's content and don't watch AVGN anywhere near as much as I used to, let old drama die. 

• Brohoof 2

Irate Gamer is only well known nowadays because he is a plagiarizing hack

Many times it's damn near word for word

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Megas said:

Irate Gamer is only well known nowadays because he is a plagiarizing hack

Many times it's damn near word for word

He said himself that few of his earlier episodes might have accidentally had similarities (Irate Gamer said it, which is why he tried sending email to kind of get clarity in it. And yeah... his email got published public on the website) Oh wow... destroyed lol. I think 3 episodes i saw had him feeling alike. After that he found more of a goofy style on his own. I just think AVGN is a crappy person is all. Just like Apple company is with sweatshop workers. Zero respect for either.

1 hour ago, Bas said:

No idea who the guy is, and you don't need to explain much either, but why should he be bad for doing the same thing another guy does?

What was the content of the mail?

Cant find screenshot of it. But according to this source. Here is the content of that email

" "Hello James,

I'm not sure if you know me but my name is Chris Bores, I do the Irate Gamer videos on youtube.

I feel compelled to finally write you since my videos are starting to get popular on youtube and tons of people are comparing my quality of work to yours.

I don't know if you'll end up reading this because you probably get tons of emails in a day and I know mine would be swimming in the sea of them, but I wanted to write you anyway.

Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know I've been a fan of your videos ever since I saw your Ninja Turtles game review around last year. And I gotta say, it was very inspiring to me. In fact, I hardly got any sleep that night because I had hundreds of new idea's flowing through my mind of what I could do with this intriguing thing you started. But due to my career, I had to tuck them away for a few months until I could get some spare time to record them.

Now I'm not sure if you've ever seen any of my reviews or ever heard of me, or heck, even like me for that matter, but I just wanted to take some time out of my busy schedule and let you know I respect your work and I do try my hardest to not copy your material. Although in my earlier reviews, I will admit, that I accidentally used some of your well known made up words in my review and I only found this out because people were telling me I did. I felt really bad about it and still do because the last thing I want to do is steal your catch phrases.

Since then, I made a point to watch all your reviews again and to make sure not to make that same blunder again. So if I ended up causing any negative feelings because of it, my apologies. But hey, I just wanted to email you and let you know I respect your work and clear the air of any hard feelings if there are any, because I'm just doing this stuff for fun and I know you are too.

So thanks for everything, and I should mention, since day one I thought it would be neat to do a duel [sic] review with you, but I'm still trying to figure out how getting both worlds to collide would work. Hmm Oh well, maybe one day. Thanks again my friend, and I'm glad to see you doing so well!"

~ Chris Bores, 2009

"

Source

https://ccrc.fandom.com/wiki/Irate_Gamer_controversy

Edited by Sparkleberry