Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of the main characters would be gamers?

CastletonSnob

(edited)

I can only really picture Rainbow Dash having any interest in it at all. :dash: Twilight and Pinkie possibly, Twilight for research and Pinkie for fun. :twi: I honestly can’t picture the other three being interested. :toldya: Maybe Rarity or even Starlight would at least attempt it but give up.

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I can only really picture Rainbow Dash having any interest in it at all. :dash: Twilight and Pinkie possibly, Twilight for research and Pinkie for fun. :twi: I honestly can’t picture the other three being interested. :toldya: Maybe Rarity or even Starlight would at least attempt it but give up.

Spike would prefer tabletop games?

Twilight: the type that usually says “I don’t have time for games”, but when tries one, can get addicted and wants to complete everything with 100% results.

Pinkie Pie: casual gamer, plays for fun with friends, always accidentally finds exploits.

Rainbow Dash and AJ: compete with each other all the time, probably mostly playing fighting and racing simulators.

Fluttershy: that EG short pretty much sums it up, but possibly also a fan of survival horrors.

Rarity: played The Sims once, spent 4 hours customizing her character.

Spike: switched to single player games after Shining beat him all the time in multiplayer as a kid. Prefers tabletops anyway.

Starlight: a fan of old school turn based strategies that no one knows about, finds it hard to find someone to play with. In RPGs always cheeses as a mage.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Oleks said:

Twilight: the type that usually says “I don’t have time for games”, but when tries one, can get addicted and wants to complete everything with 100% results.

Pinkie Pie: casual gamer, plays for fun with friends, always accidentally finds exploits.

Rainbow Dash and AJ: compete with each other all the time, probably mostly playing fighting and racing simulators.

Fluttershy: that EG short pretty much sums it up, but possibly also a fan of survival horrors.

Rarity: played The Sims once, spent 4 hours customizing her character.

Spike: switched to single player games after Shining beat him all the time in multiplayer as a kid. Prefers tabletops anyway.

Starlight: a fan of old school turn based strategies that no one knows about, finds it hard to find someone to play with. In RPGs always cheeses as a mage.

While reading this I find myself to just agree with every point of yours.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Equestria Girls pretty much confirmed that Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy would be gamers. ^_^ If Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie were to be gamers, Twilight would be a hardcore completionist like Oleks said, Rarity would look down on online gamers while engrossing herself in mobile games, and Pinkie would love screwing around in games for fun, not taking competitive play seriously while Rainbow and Applejack would yell at her online about what the hay she was doing. :laugh: Fluttershy wouldn't like online multiplayer much, she would prefer playing weird, obscure indie games by herself.

Completely needless to say, Spike and Starlight Glimmer would be RPG fans. Starlight would be going on about how much she loved the Final Fantasy VII Remake while Spike would be a bigger fan of Dragon Quest and that guy who's always wondering why stuff like DQ and Megaten doesn't get more exposure. :fluttershy:

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Fixed a typo.
  • Brohoof 1

Probably Rainbow Dash, she would probably find video games really cool.

Headcanon: 

Twilight likes Minecraft but not much else.

Dash plays FPS and gets on the mic and rages.

Fluttershy likes cozy games like animal crossing, harvest moon etc.

Rarity tried and didn't stick w them.

Pinkie will play puzzle games or timed games. Tetris, candy crush, cooking mama etc.

AJ doesn't have much free time but still knows about some games.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see all of them being gamers. Rainbow Dash would be the pro, Fluttershy the noob, Applejack the casual gamer, Twilight the try-hard, Rarity the casual gamer, and Pinkie the casual-pro-noob-tryhard gamer.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash of course. If they had twitch accounts, you'd see those two always going after each other in the most trending games to date. 

Sunset Shimmer as well. She'd probably fly solo and show off her skills online. 

As others have said, Spike would be more into tabletop. 

On 2021-05-18 at 5:11 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

Equestria Girls, whether you like it or not, did show that Rainbow Dash is a gamer.

On 2021-05-23 at 4:42 PM, Duskia said:

Rarity tried and didn't stick w them.

Actually there are a few video games that focus on customization that could appeal to a fashion designer like her. Animal Crossing happy home designer would be one. 

I only see Spike, Rainbow, and Pinkie as gamers. Shining Armor would be too, but only when he could find the time. Maybe Big Mac, but he's now a married stallion working very hard on the farm. 

Ya know what? Let me make an amendment. Much to everypony's utter shock, Fluttershy will have amazing skills paying first pony shooters!

LOL!

That'll raise quite a few eyebrows!

(edited)
5 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Equestria Girls, whether you like it or not, did show that Rainbow Dash is a gamer.

Eww, they look hideous. :stressed: Exactly why I don't watch it. :mlp_wat:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

1 minute ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Eww, they look hideous. :stressed: Exactly why I don't watch it. :mlp_wat:

Shouldn't matter what they look like. they still remain true to the personalities of their Pony counterparts. This is the reason why I'm a believer of the alternative universe theory

10 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Shouldn't matter what they look like. they still remain true to the personalities of their Pony counterparts. This is the reason why I'm a believer of the alternative universe theory

This is going off topic but here's where I shared my thoughts on all that stuff. I'm just glad it's not canon. :proud:

8 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I'm just glad it's not canon. :proud:

Technically it is. Due to Pony Flash Sentry cameo appearance in one or two episodes; they just don't simply bring up the events of EQG in the main show and don't directly affect the status quo of the main show. 

Spike would make a great gamer where you use your....

medium-1.png.fe83a1a903c4c573872d0cf5afba5588.png

maybe something like Super Mario Maker or maybe even Nintendo Labo

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Technically it is. Due to Pony Flash Sentry cameo appearance in one or two episodes; they just don't simply bring up the events of EQG in the main show and don't directly affect the status quo of the main show. 

Apologies for going off-topic but I don't think you read my post in the other topic though. They only threw them into the background of the last song for fan service, nothing else. A background pony that looks similar must have been just a coincidence. There was also this interesting little fact.

Edited by TomDaBombMLP