Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia vs. Luna (physical) growth

Stardust Live

(edited)

Princess Luna changed dramatically between Friendship is Magic Part 2 and Luna Eclipsed, and she never really grew any further in terms of height or design changes. I kinda wanted to see if she would eventually become Celestia's height, before I read that Faust wanted to make Celestia a sole Queen before changing it to Princess for Hasbro and adding in Luna.

We saw in the Princess Twilight Sparkle two-parter that past Luna looked the same as present, as did Celestia. We can assume this was a style choice to avoid confusing kids as they likely won't remember the original Luna design. I assumed after Luna Eclipsed that the old design was a 'depowered'/weak version, i.e. her starry flowing mane came back once she rested and resumed control of the moon, and Twilight's Kingdom did show the Princesses with still hair when they gave up their magic to hide it.

That said ... Do you think Celestia ever looked like Ep. 2's Luna, similar to the storybook illustration? Did you ever think Luna would reach Celestia's height and shape, or was she always going to look smaller to make sure Celestia was seen as the overall rular?

I would have loved to have seen a full-grown Luna :luna: Why should Twilight get the Celestia shape and not Celestia's own sibling???

Edited by Stardust Live

Were you inspired by our current banner?

I would have liked to see a pink-haired Celestia in the Season 4 premiere and finale, along with Season 1 Luna. But I don't mind Luna being smaller now, because however much younger she was to begin with, Celestia now has a full thousand years on her.

• 3 weeks later...