Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

🤔Why are you in the forums and what do you usually look at + profile pony story🥺

marvin1099

When i started this thread I told a story about my profile picture, but I think it wasn't that interesting.
Now I want to know what you usually look at when you're in the forums:twi:

I kept the old question below if your interested it's under this sentence. :squee:

Profile picture / Pony story, 

Wats up with that:

I think thats a good question and someone else hopefully gets inspired:pinkie:

I joined the forum a few Days ago.
aver being there I thought that I could at least have a profile picture :muffins:

I wanted to draw a pony OC.
My last attempt was not that good.
It was hand drawn (bellow, The first picture):blush:

So this time I drawed on twilight (different layer).
I basically changed all the colors and the cutie mark (bellow, The second picture):>_>:

At last after four hours or so I thought this looks like a Cristal pony,
so I opened the projectfile, marked the mane and cristelized it.
Than I made the hole thing transparent (bellow again, The third picture):ticking:

Thats basically what happend.
If you have any questions just ask. Maybe you have some feedback I like to hear it.
By the way I'm still searching for someone to watch stuff with (DM me). :mlp_yeehaa:

OC TRY.png

oc2-2.png

oc3-2.png

Edited by marvin1099

My profile pic is a screenshot of some animals particularly deers from MLP part of a picnic. I dunno I came for mlp and then chatting. I got back into it because of the online streams and yea i had time to finish watching the newer MLP episodes I missed.

Also btw what you typed is a bit hard to read because of the spacing choices and that.

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

Hey there!!

Just letting you know, there's a great art resource area over here that really helped me out.  I may not be the best artist but having lots of resources and references really does help.  It's important to keep trying and working at improving as much as you're comfortable with.

Anyways, my profile pic is actually from some concept art from Dragon Age 4, I really liked the fact that there was more green than anything and I also can't wait for the next installment of the series!!!  I typically don't have a pony profile pic on here, I've thought about it but I haven't really gone through with it lol...

Here's some examples of the most recent stuff I've drawn

Calcifer Knight

Briny Moss

They're both for an elements idea I had to base my OCs off of certain elements.  My main OC, Sage is Earth.  Briny Moss(she can stand on her legs like that because she has REALLY strong legs) is Water.  Calcifer Knight is Fire.  I'm currently thinking about spirit and air.

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, flurry said:

My profile pic is a screenshot of some animals particularly deers from MLP part of a picnic. I dunno I came for mlp and then chatting. I got back into it because of the online streams and yea i had time to finish watching the newer MLP episodes I missed.

Also btw what you typed is a bit hard to read because of the spacing choices and that.

From which episode is the picture, that's interesting:o

For chatting, sounds fun you want to chat about something^_^

I started mlp because of the online streams as well:yay:

I'm going to fix that til tomorrow, thanks for mentioning>_>

• Brohoof 1

I joined here having been a brony for nearly a year prior after randomly choosing to check the show out. To make a long story short, never in any way did I know exactly what impact those six ponies would have on me. I had been juggling with the idea of joining something related to the show but I was often nervous about putting myself across in a way I hadn’t done before. When I finally mustered up the courage to, I typed in ‘MLP Forums’ and lo and behold, I found myself here. 
The amount of friends I’ve made here has been the best part of this whole experience. If I had a couple of days, I’d talk about every single moment I’ve had here. The ponies themselves had saved me before and now, everypony here does too. To that, I’m forever grateful to all the friends I’ve made because now, I’m at the place I was always meant to be at.

As for my profile picture, it was something I made a good while before I joined. I actually made it in school of all places. My goal was to attempt to bring to life the dreams I’ve had about spending a day with the six ponies who I love so much. I took a picture of myself looking away, cropped it and then I went looking for side pictures of each of the Mane Six. The only fault is that Twilight and Fluttershy are smiling a bit more than the others and Rarity seems to be a bit small. I might update it one day with a more recent picture of me because it was taken when I was sixteen and now I’m nearly eighteen. I’m still very happy with it though and I don’t see the need in changing it. ;)
EOKmul7WkAEbwWt?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I joined here having been a brony for nearly a year prior after randomly choosing to check the show out. To make a long story short, never in any way did I know exactly what impact those six ponies would have on me. I had been juggling with the idea of joining something related to the show but I was often nervous about putting myself across in a way I hadn’t done before. When I finally mustered up the courage to, I typed in ‘MLP Forums’ and lo and behold, I found myself here. 
The amount of friends I’ve made here has been the best part of this whole experience. If I had a couple of days, I’d talk about every single moment I’ve had here. The ponies themselves had saved me before and now, everypony here does too. To that, I’m forever grateful to all the friends I’ve made because now, I’m at the place I was always meant to be at.

As for my profile picture, it was something I made a good while before I joined. I actually made it in school of all places. My goal was to attempt to bring to life the dreams I’ve had about spending a day with the six ponies who I love so much. I took a picture of myself looking away, cropped it and then I went looking for side pictures of each of the Mane Six. The only fault is that Twilight and Fluttershy are smiling a bit more than the others and Rarity seems to be a bit small. I might update it one day with a more recent picture of me because it was taken when I was sixteen and now I’m nearly eighteen. I’m still very happy with it though and I don’t see the need in changing it. ;)
EOKmul7WkAEbwWt?format=jpg&name=large

A long text but I enjoyed it,
try to go open towards the future and do what you want.
I wish you the best of luck for the future:fluttershy:

I think you should totally make a new version your picture with everything matching up,
but take your time it is good right now:pinkie:

I was waiting for this thread to be moved to the art section, but since people has replied already, why not reply myself...

There are quite a few tricks to know about how to manage pictures at this forum. Being able to make the best art for the limited options that the forum allows, and expand on it for the best possible look. For example, avatars are limited to 118x118 pixel resolutions. That is way too small to resize photo realistic art. It is better to use pixel art, like sprites in a game, or limited colors pictures that has been cleaned up at that size. Also, when changing avatar, you will get an option to resize the avatar. You must manually resize it to the largest possible, or the forum will cut a 106x106 pixels image out of your 118x118, and rescale it to a blurry mess. Always adjust the blue box to its max size before applying:
helpadjust.png&key=3035277f45c6e43912899

The forum will always put a border around smaller art, but if you already have the art somewhere on the forum, you can copy the image link (which is the forum's proxy link of the image) and paste it, and the border will not be visible, making it possible to make your own emojis, like my own flying Princess Twilight here:
spla_twilfly.gif

For profile banners (the one shown in the background of your profile, if you choose to have one) must always be uploaded to the forum's own server, and it is limited to 250 kb. That's very limiting, especially if you want photo realistic art, or more complex drawings. The first choice it to use jpeg images, but that will look very blurry, and the image cannot be animated. Using gif images limits your colors to 256 colors, but it helps that the profile is overlaid with a gradient. The width of the profile banner should be 1310 pixels to keep aspect non scaled pixels, but the height can be anything. Even if the desktop view shows a small vertical part of the banner, count on the mobile view to show much more.

Well, I first found this website when I was looking up things about pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies. After seeing some of the interesting topics here, I decided to join so I could also post on these topics. I mostly come here to find topics that I'm interested in and post in them. It's just a fun little thing I do in my free-time.

As for my profile pic at the time of me posting this, it's just the Ponytown version of my main OC. The reason it is in Ponytown is because I'm not familiar with digital drawing, and am not the best artist in general. Maybe sometime I will update it with a digitally drawn version.

1 hour ago, Funtime Splashee said:

I was waiting for this thread to be moved to the art section, but since people has replied already, why not reply myself...

There are quite a few tricks to know about how to manage pictures at this forum. Being able to make the best art for the limited options that the forum allows, and expand on it for the best possible look. For example, avatars are limited to 118x118 pixel resolutions. That is way too small to resize photo realistic art. It is better to use pixel art, like sprites in a game, or limited colors pictures that has been cleaned up at that size. Also, when changing avatar, you will get an option to resize the avatar. You must manually resize it to the largest possible, or the forum will cut a 106x106 pixels image out of your 118x118, and rescale it to a blurry mess. Always adjust the blue box to its max size before applying:
helpadjust.png&key=3035277f45c6e43912899

The forum will always put a border around smaller art, but if you already have the art somewhere on the forum, you can copy the image link (which is the forum's proxy link of the image) and paste it, and the border will not be visible, making it possible to make your own emojis, like my own flying Princess Twilight here:
spla_twilfly.gif

For profile banners (the one shown in the background of your profile, if you choose to have one) must always be uploaded to the forum's own server, and it is limited to 250 kb. That's very limiting, especially if you want photo realistic art, or more complex drawings. The first choice it to use jpeg images, but that will look very blurry, and the image cannot be animated. Using gif images limits your colors to 256 colors, but it helps that the profile is overlaid with a gradient. The width of the profile banner should be 1310 pixels to keep aspect non scaled pixels, but the height can be anything. Even if the desktop view shows a small vertical part of the banner, count on the mobile view to show much more.

Wow a lot of cool advice, thanks.
Very nice Twilight coin:squee:
I didn't even think that this thread would belong in the art section,
but your right I will move it if I figure it out:fluttershy:

3 minutes ago, marvin1099 said:

I didn't even think that this thread would belong in the art section

It belongs somewhere as soon as @Bakugou is my Man sees it.

As for the Twilight emoji. I actually had to "borrow" (read steal) it from Super Mario Maker's Para Koopa. Being able to export art from that game, and recolor it to fit Twilight is not easy, but worth it (since she is mostly hated for having wings, so it is a perfect troll emoji to have in case of emergency)

I’ve been a fan of the show since 2011 and I just joined this forum this year after a three year hiatus from watching the show, lol.  I can’t believe I didn’t find this place a lot sooner.  :mlp_icwudt:

Im here to try to make friends and just have fun with fellow fans.  

I mostly look at other people’s status updates.  I’ve found that’s a really good way to interact with others here. 

My profile pic is just a screenshot of Dash from the “Best Friends Till the End of Time” song.   She made so many adorable faces in that song it was hard to choose so I picked the one where she looked happiest. :ph3ar:

• The topic was locked

@marvin1099

This thread has gotten a bit messy :twi:

- Inviting users to tell what it is they like, dislike, or what they think this site can do better would be best executed in Feedback, while Sugarcube Corner is designated for discussing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic indirectly (the fandom, merchandise, etc.)

- Threads sharing artwork you created that is related to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic should be placed in Visual Fan Art. However, re-colors, (like the two you attached), do not qualify as artwork, as that is plagiarism. Please only post art that you created originally. Note that re-colors can be used as references.

- If you want to have a casual conversation with other users, do so through a status update or blog entry. Threads are not designated for having a simple tête-à-tête. You can also visit the General Chat Thread though which was specifically created for such a thing if you really don’t feel like making a status update or blog. You can also create your own personal Q&A thread in Ask a Pony if you want to welcome other users to ask you questions.

If you are ever unsure as to where to place a thread or if an idea can be put into one, please ask a staff member.
Also, there is a new member FAQ here:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/190887-new-member-faq/

Locking this thread.