Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anonymous poster details how Nintendo has hurt the Smash community.

CastletonSnob

After competitive Smash turned out to be full of pedos and sexual predators it's hard to care

Edited by Megas

What a bunch of baloney! If you ask me, it's just a bunch of overzealous people just looking for ways to exploit what's supposed to be a family friendly company that supposed to be making fun games to be enjoyed no matter what age group; young, old, male, female, whatever. 

And frankly I never been part of the competitive smash community. I've always played the Smash games just for the enjoyment of playing as some of my favorite characters and learning the history of several video game franchises; even video game franchises that were not made by Nintendo since that they feature third parties in the last 10 years

Nintendo is a company that is constantly high off of its own fumes. They screw fans over and over again but still expect people to buy full priced ports of 7 year old games. Nintendo has no reason to shut these kinds of tournaments down. What do they gain by doing so? Nothing. It is just a bunch of old twats in suits laying down the hammer with their slimy hands. In fact, not only do they gain nothing from shutting this stuff down, they would obviously gain from allowing and endorsing them. Free real estate and all that jazz. Nintendo is simply too thick to realize this. Like always. 

• Brohoof 6

Nintendo? Being a dumbass and mistreating the consumers that are outside its target audience? Would never believe it :v

In all seriousness, doesn't surprise me to hear this after their crusade to take down gameplays on youtube. Nintendo is a bitch that will destroy its own image just to keep up the kid friendly facade

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did hear that yea nintendo stopped allowing these tournaments oof.

Idk about it toxic community (a lot of these communities seem eyuck) but I still think there was no reason to do as they wont profit from it particularly? And it damages their image.

I think they need to provide an alternative that works much better. The mod they used was much better than nintendo stuff.

That whole thing about super mario 3d all stars tho like wow they just released a bad port of their older games and charged a fair bit for it. I mean yea ppl want these games from times gone to play on switch and all but welp. And it's limited time. 

I guess it's just nintendo really. I do love their games and all but ye.