Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to someone who hurt your feelings~? =)

PROJECT: Simon

• 4 months later...

I would be hurt, but my reaction depends on different factors. Though for some reason, everyone that I have ever argued with- we have always become friends right after :grin2:

Depends on the situation. Obviously, yeah I'd be a bit sad, but I'd try to ignore it and just move on with my life. :adorkable:

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on who it is and the gravity of it. 

my usual reaction is to retreat and observe if the offense was intentional or holds some weird meaning. Lol

Otherwise, with close friends, I’ll just rage >:000 cause there’s that trust that the context is mutually understood :laugh:

• 5 weeks later...

Idk maybe I'd throw an insecure tantrum and try projecting on them subliminally so they can feel the way I want them to look in my self reassuring, assuming, inaccurate head canon. I might just tell myself all these things are true, or maybe the insecurity of being invalidated by one person that doesn't like me, will hurt me so badly that I will have to besearch others in private to validate the secret witch hunt I'm holding against them, based off the merit of them simply not liking me

• 1 month later...

Well, I have no truly good answer for the original poster unfortunately, but it seems that is long past relevant anyhow.

Assuming that said person is deliberately attempting to provoke or condescend to me however, I truthfully just find it best to disengage from whichever situation you have found yourself in as quickly and gracefully as possible. Something I find as I age is how little energy I can have. I simply have none to spare agonizing over being insulted or ridiculed by one person. Entropy devours everything, including yourself and the one who insults you.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the answer depends on the how and what that hurt your feelings initially. If it's something like the shape your in, then start working out until you look so good that they'll regret making a harassing comment about you. 

If it's them laughing at your intelligence, then out study them, until you prove your smarter than them.

If they're simply talking crap about you because your better at something than them, then hold your head high and laugh at them because you Cleary don't need them in your life. That shows that they feel threatened.

They're always answers to every situation. You just need to stop and think about what it is and why they hurt your feelings in the first place. 

There's never a right reason to do so.

It depends on the context. If it was an accident or something minor I might feel a bit upset or angry but I’d get over it.Especially if I know they didn’t mean to hurt my feelings.  If it’s really rude and intentional than I’ll be angry and rude back. 

i'm not the type of girl to really draw attention to myself, or parade my opinions/views to whoever would listen. there has to be some sort of mutual dialogue first - like through a public forum such as MLPF. i guess it doesn't have to be explicitly said, but i do try to be friendly and polite with anyone i meet. Well, unless they're noted dickheads of the sort - in which case, all bets are off.

so, if someone made an attempt on my feelings, i'd immediately recognize it as targeted and malicious. i take care to avoid stepping on toes, though it's not always possible because, at some point, you'll have an opinion (no matter how well-informed) that will diametrically oppose another's. no matter how well you present that opinion, the content will ensure you'll offend this hypothetical other.

but, i digress. everyone has their views and may feel strongly enough about them to warrant firing back at things they perceive as incorrect. it doesn't automatically mean they're out to hurt your feelings - in this case, they only get hurt as collateral. in my experience, people who have tried hurting my feelings have legit been some of the trashiest people i've had the misfortune of meeting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-09-03 at 5:23 AM, Ryuuko said:

i'm not the type of girl to really draw attention to myself, or parade my opinions/views to whoever would listen. there has to be some sort of mutual dialogue first - like through a public forum such as MLPF. i guess it doesn't have to be explicitly said, but i do try to be friendly and polite with anyone i meet. Well, unless they're noted dickheads of the sort - in which case, all bets are off.

I don't make a big show of it either (which is why I'll drop in every so often) and am always courteous, but as was mentioned, it depends on context, intent, and your reaction. 

It's hard to get me worked up; if it's not, it's sure as hell getting there. If someone makes a comment about, for instance, my weight, they probably don't mean it. I might laugh it off. But if it's intentional, their attempt is getting laughed off before they get schooled/trolled.

Edited by Sasoriman

It depends so much on the person and situation. How I react to a complete stranger making me upset will be way different than say a good friend making me upset. And even those two situations will vary depending on what it was that upset me, or even my mood if we're talking about a complete stranger.

Generally if a friend made me upset I'd tell them that straight up, "Hey you said xyz and it kinda upset me because zyx.". Usually we talk it out, apologize and that's that. If it's something really egregious it can be more tense but generally that doesn't happen. There's only ever been one time I fully cut contact with someone because they said something that really upset me.

If it's a stranger I'll probably let it slide. I'm never seeing them again, if they're so petty and pathetic that they're insulting people they don't know I want nothing to do with them. But again, depends on what made me upset.