Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPF Autumn Reactions 2023

Dynamo Pad

Autumn Reaction Poll  

47 users have voted

1. 1. Which reaction would you like for Autumn 2023?

• G4 reactions honoring Autumn
    • G5 reactions honoring Autumn
    • Why not both?

7 minutes ago, Star heart 777 said:

G1 like G4 has a series and a movie, there is no G2 TV series or movies its just straight toy line and the MLP tales is considered G1.5.

As far as G3 goes I don't believe they had any tv series but rather existed as a series of interconnected or at least somewhat connected movie series. 

Now as far as quality goes G1 is actually pretty good and enjoyable to watch.it has ponies with their human friend Megan trying to deal with various issues such as in one episode the baby ponies (yes baby not filly/foal) have their shadows stolen from them. They are usually 15 minute episode clips in groups of two or four(+) together.

The reason for this is when originally aired it was paired with another series so each was 15 or some minutes making for a duo 30 minutes show.

G1.5 is bland "growing of age" series but with ponies. No magic, no flying (one episode exception) etc. It's an attempt at making the ponies seem very human like. They are ALL earth ponies. Think typical teenage drama "Dear diary, that one stallion was so cute and I learned something today about....". you know that kind of thing.

G3 can be thought as written and directed by Barbie lol. Every character is really and adorable. Everyone loves each other very much and the characters are all Mary sues personality wise. They are almost all carbon copies of each minus slight individual concepts.

Take any pony give them a different color and boom new character is how they did it. 

only one pegasus exists in the series and she more mythological in nature but at least they do have unicorns in this one though. 

if you are feeling like watching stereotype cutsy wutsy ponies this would be it but not much in terms of depth of any kind more just one dimensional plot and script.

G3.5 is taking the cutsy and babish dial cranking it so hard the dial breaks off. It is gag level to put it mildly. Unless you live and dream of owning every Barbie princess doll abd having tea parties with them avoid it like the plague.

Thanks... :wacko:

15 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

Thanks... :wacko:

No problem. For G1 I recommend starting with the original pilot Escape from midnight castle that is by far the best G1 episode quality and story wise. Tirek is the main villain in it and he's not as friendly as his G4 counter part.

It's kind of funny actually somehow it's both really cute yet really dark episode wise. Sadly it's also the ONLY episode in G1 with certain characters like Applejack or Firefly which is a shame because they were pretty neat characters.

16 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Hey, everyone! I see that everyone wants to vote for both G4 and G5 in the voting section. However, I see that voting can't be recasted and I'm really sorry about that. But if you give this thread a like with a hug emoji, then we will count that as a vote for both! I'm a pony who loves hugs, so why not vote with hugs! :squee:

I voted for G4, and that's what I am sticking with. So if I do give a hug emoji/reaction, it's only because I like hugs. :twi:

I voted for both as in general I would love to see a careful balance between continuing to represent and support G4 for those who loved it with equally representing and supporting G5 for those who love it.

I definitely far prefer G4, and many older users may feel the same. And it is definitely essential to support and engage older / longtime community members.

But it is equally essential to embrace the newer G5: many newer community members may get their start in the fandom with G5 and we want them to feel equally welcome, safeguarding and growing this community well into the future.

Reactions being an integral component of forum engagement should offer as wide a range of options as is plausible in order to maximize engagement for all.

• Brohoof 2

27 minutes ago, SCS said:

I voted for both as in general I would love to see a careful balance between continuing to represent and support G4 for those who loved it with equally representing and supporting G5 for those who love it.

I definitely far prefer G4, and many older users may feel the same. And it is definitely essential to support and engage older / longtime community members.

But it is equally essential to embrace the newer G5: many newer community members may get their start in the fandom with G5 and we want them to feel equally welcome, safeguarding and growing this community well into the future.

Reactions being an integral component of forum engagement should offer as wide a range of options as is plausible in order to maximize engagement for all.

I love this! This is actually a VERY valid point <3

2 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

Is duo emoji possible? I still say it'd be awesome to see the two sets paired together.

I was thinking this too but it would have to convey the reaction and probably be more work for the artists or emoji creators. We shall see <3

36 minutes ago, Twitchy-Tremor said:

Both would be good. I don’t exactly understand what reaction is though like brony react type thing or something else like with mods????

See the corner of the thread here? The bro hoof reactions? That thingy :coco:

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned